From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natanielle825

Where is this rumor coming from? Is it just because her dad went to the old rink? Also, while everyone says he's involved in her career, why do people think he forces her to do anything?
Either way, if she does switch back I hope it's before new years bec that crazy sh*t belongs in 2020. If Eteri took her back she'd probably ask for like 80% of her earnings bec no one is that forgiving. I hope Sasha isn't really considering that. It would definitely make her seem like a desperate coach hopper. A coach is only so responsible for what you do when you're out there alone. If her problem is nerves, Idk who could help her with that, seemingly not Eteri nor Evgeni. If her problem is jump content, she needs to recognize her own limitations, and again Idk if either Eteri or Evgeni can help with that.

karmena

Sasha seems to have a performance anxiety. It's impossible to overcome performance anxiety unless one learns not to think about oneself during performance, but rather wants- and from the bottom of the very heart!- to bring a beauty, power and joy of the skating to the audience; to express it.

There are quite a few young musicians who never learned to overcome performance anxiety and achieved nothing while more or less mediocre talented ones have achieved a lot.

Skibean

Where is this rumor coming from? Is it just because her dad went to the old rink? Also, while everyone says he's involved in her career, why do people think he forces her to do anything?
Either way, if she does switch back I hope it's before new years bec that crazy sh*t belongs in 2020. If Eteri took her back she'd probably ask for like 80% of her earnings bec no one is that forgiving. I hope Sasha isn't really considering that. It would definitely make her seem like a desperate coach hopper. A coach is only so responsible for what you do when you're out there alone. If her problem is nerves, Idk who could help her with that, seemingly not Eteri nor Evgeni. If her problem is jump content, she needs to recognize her own limitations, and again Idk if either Eteri or Evgeni can help with that.
I agree. It was implied in another post that Eteri got a huge percentage of a project Zhenya just did. It made or seem these girls are cash cows for Eteri once they hit a certain age. That’s so disappointing

Stephanie

I thought Inna Goncharenko had a good and interesting quote here: https://fs-gossips.com/inna-gonchar...erything-right-holding-the-russian-nationals/

When I look at Sasha, I get the feeling that she always wants to prove something to someone. So I want to wish her to stop doing that. There’s no need to prove anything to anyone. She can skate very well, she needs to perform without excessive pressure, without the need to live up to someone’s expectations. Just skate for herself, perform the way she can. A skater is 90% an artist. Therefore, she needs to let go of the situation, and everything will work out.

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

I think it was more Kostornaya that Eteri implied was a bit spoiled.
Eteri always has something nasty to say about her students. It's "what is her/his problem?" rather than "what can I do better?".... Many of us have had these types of coaches, managers, partners, etc. As you get older, you realize that it's not ok. And get yourself out of the situation. In Trusova's case, she is not calling the shots. Will see what happens.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I agree. It was implied in another post that Eteri got a huge percentage of a project Zhenya just did. It made or seem these girls are cash cows for Eteri once they hit a certain age. That’s so disappointing
But not surprising.

hanca

Values her privacy
I think the rumour is coming from the fact that she spent a lot of time with Scherbakova, Usacheva and Khromykh at this nationals. There are photos and people jump to conclusions. People forget that she trained with those girls for a few years, they spent a lot of time together so of course she has made friends with some of them. The fact that she left Tutberidze doesn’t mean that she has to start hating them or ignoring them. They may not see each other so much now because they are busy with their lives, but when the opportunity comes and they meet, I am not surprised they want to spend some time together and catch up.

starrynight

I think the skaters just need to slow down and trust the process. All the talk and belief that careers last only 3 years or so for ladies is making people rush about.

Crazy that people panic that a skater going through puberty can’t do the 5 quad program they could do with a child body. There’s just going to be an adjustment stage and I wish that ladies skating can find some patience to play the long game.

mjb52

It's probably a lot of pressure on Trusova that she is perceived at times as "just" the "jumper" so it feels like she has to do more than the others to win. Like it may feel that if Shcherbakova lands two quads, she needs to land four. Maybe that's the part she needs to let go of, just focus on what she can control and not what she can't. Easy for me to say though!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think the skaters just need to slow down and trust the process. All the talk and belief that careers last only 3 years or so for ladies is making people rush about.

Crazy that people panic that a skater going through puberty can’t do the 5 quad program they could do with a child body. There’s just going to be an adjustment stage and I wish that ladies skating can find some patience to play the long game.
She can do the jumps. She does them in practice. She can do the 3A. She just rushes the jumps in competition which are nerves and she is the definition of over achiever. What Plush MIGHT be able to help her with is confidence that she owns the ice. That was his greatest strength and something he learned from Mishin. (I'd love to see Sasha spend a summer training with Mishin for that very thing.)

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
From the auto-translation, after Kazan, Evgenia Tarasova developed a high fever and pneumonia, then lost her sense of smell for three days.... but the doctors didn’t test her for YNW and gave her antibiotics instead.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Amy L

From the auto-translation, after Kazan, Evgenia Tarasova developed a high fever and pneumonia, then lost her sense of smell for three days.... but the doctors didn’t test her for YNW and gave her antibiotics instead.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Maybe the doctors thought it was pointless to test her? She had pneumonia and couldn't smell, might as well add her to the list of the 100000 Russian skaters who got the crud this year.

Tinami Amori

TeamTutberidze gets a new sponsor for the girls - G-Driver Auto Fuel product from "Gaspromneft".

Few clips from the practice:

Shcherbakova/Khromych - 4F Anna, 4T Khromuch

Valieva (quad and combo)

Usacheva.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Maybe the doctors thought it was pointless to test her? She had pneumonia and couldn't smell, might as well add her to the list of the 100000 Russian skaters who got the crud this year.

Maybe so?

I’m baffled on the antibiotics unless it was just a precaution against secondary infection.

I normally think all of the big skating feds are trying to out-do each other to be the most disastrous fed, but I think RusFed is trying to win a lifetime achievement award in disaster this season.

zebraswan

Alexander Samarin and P/K also had YKW. I guess the list of Russian skaters who didn’t have it would be shorter. It will be fascinating to see what the long term effects are on this group.

Amy L

I don't remember any reports of Anastasia Mishina ever getting sick. Her partner tested positive once but he was apparently asymptomatic. All of the other top pair skaters have either outright said they had ykw or have had pneumonia or a bad cold that just happened to last 3 weeks. The plague ran through all of the ice dance teams like a flash fire. What about the Eteri girls? There's so much drama and so many rumors coming out of that camp I usually just ignore everything. There's no way to get an exact number, so many skaters have had it and got pretty sick that if there were a couple of asymptomatic positives they could have snuck by without the press getting wind of it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Most of these skaters are very Young - early to mid teens. It takes some mental development in learning how to win or just develop. It can happen naturally for some and others may need guidance from a coach to learn it.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ted Barton during the men's SP broadcast basically said that most of the skaters competing this week aren't concerned about YKW because so many of them already have antibodies. Yeah, that crud has run through the upper ranks of Russian skating already.

hanca

Values her privacy
Rusfed wants an all Eteri Olympic team and they won't let Trusova get in their way.
Yes, I feel there is some effort towards making sure Tutberidze’s skaters come at the top. As I see it, Trusova may have to have such TES that Tutberidze’s skaters won’t be able to win even with padded GOE and PCS. That obviously means more quads...and taking more risks.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Does Eteri have dirty pictures of the judges? It would at least make sense if they really thought her skaters were so great that no one else could compare. But this is getting completely absurd.

I feel like Eteri knows where the proverbial bodies are buried.

zebraswan

Maybe it's more that the judges aren't willing to do any favors for the diva newbie coach and his constant unprofessional behavior. He is insufferable. Of course I don't like to see the skaters bear the brunt of it, but that's what happens when you make a deal with the devil. Way too much boasting and big promises when he hasn't shown any results yet. Eteri has.

Perky Shae Lynn

Maybe it's more that the judges aren't willing to do any favors for the diva newbie coach and his constant unprofessional behavior. He is insufferable. Of course I don't like to see the skaters bear the brunt of it, but that's what happens when you make a deal with the devil. Way too much boasting and big promises when he hasn't shown any results yet. Eteri has.
You hit the nail on the head. They are both insufferable. But Eteri has shown results as a coach. Plush has not. Having said that, stinks that RusFed takes it out on Plush's skater(s).

Tinami Amori

I think she wants to go back. Plushenko seems to be putting his energies into raising the younger girls who trust him.
I don't know if she wants to go back, but Plushenko is now saying in interviews that he is starting to limit Trusova's jumps. That's exactly why she said she left Khrystalniy.... :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information