Katia Gordeeva remarried??

valenc

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I get why people divorce, people change and either grow apart from each other or they meet someone new & exciting. What I don’t get is how some people feel like it’s just easier to start over and again and again? I’m still on my first marriage, am I doing it wrong?

canbelto

I saw the picture of David with the ring on his finger holding the adorable dog. Congrats to Katia and David.

Does this mean the Sergei widows are widowed again? :lol:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I get why people divorce, people change and either grow apart from each other or they meet someone new & exciting. What I don’t get is how some people feel like it’s just easier to start over and again and again? I’m still on my first marriage, am I doing it wrong?
Perhaps that's something that you should ask your spouse instead of us.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Perhaps that's something that you should ask your spouse instead of us.
My marriage is strong, but like every marriage there are ups and downs. I meant some people felt it wasn’t worth trying to make it work and sees divorce as an easier option

Japanfan

My marriage is strong, but like every marriage there are ups and downs. I meant some people felt it wasn’t worth trying to make it work and sees divorce as an easier option

And for some people, it may be best option. Those of us who grew up in the 50s and 60s saw lots of miserable mothers. The pressures on women to keep their house clean and raise their children 'right' was enormous. Daytime TV advertising was cleverly targeted at housewives. House cleanliness standards were way higher than they were for the previous generation. Child rearing became all about Dr. Spock - no longer about wisdom passed down through generations of women.

Some ago I read a column in a 50s Good Housekeeping magazine which offered to 'tips' to the housewife, like do a once-through of the house to make sure the toys are all picked up before he came home. The last item on the list (I pararaphase)was "When he comes home, don't talk about your problems. His problems are always more important than your's". :mad: Women were prescribed Valium liberally at the time, due to Betty Friedan called 'the problem with no name' in 'The Feminine Mystique'.

My mother was one who was very frustrated with her lot in life. She was a partner in my father's business, a drug store and pharmacy. She saved up the money for him to buy the business working for censorship during the war, but was never treated as an equal partner, although being so on paper. Dad took her to a northern Canadian mining town, where she lacked the social and intellectual life she craved. They stayed there for 35 years and Mom got her BA at 65, when they moved back to the city - as I've noted many times on the board before. In my office I've got a large frame of my mom in her graduation cap and gown, holding a bouquet of roses. Whenever I look at the photo I think 'That's my mom!' and cannot fail to burst with pride.

clairecloutier

Why has this thread turned into a back-to-the-Fifties discussion about the merits/lack thereof of divorce? I think that ship has sailed at this point. :saint:

Also, I always find it interesting how some people feel comfortable passing judgment on other people's relationships, which they know nothing about. :rolleyes:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Why has this thread turned into a back-to-the-Fifties discussion about the merits/lack thereof of divorce? I think that ship has sailed at this point. :saint:

Also, I always find it interesting how some people feel comfortable passing judgment on other people's relationships, which they know nothing about. :rolleyes:
Hence my post to the person who was asking about their own success or failure in their own relationship (while seeming to criticize those of others rather passive/aggressively)- not for me (or us) to judge, right? 😉

canbelto

Huh? Katia was married to Sergei who passed away. She got a divorce from Ilia Kulik. Idk where this Phyllis Schlafly rant is coming from.

Amy L

Huh? Katia was married to Sergei who passed away. She got a divorce from Ilia Kulik. Idk where this Phyllis Schlafly rant is coming from.

I know better than this due to that poster's history in this thread, but maybe she was referring to David? He was in two brief marriages. But since everything seems to be Katia is eville alwayz with some people, I would make an argument that an on again off again 15 year relationship would point to really working at it even though it seemingly failed and restarted more than once. Sometimes things are just broken and can't be fixed.

Perky Shae Lynn

I know better than this due to that poster's history in this thread, but maybe she was referring to David? He was in two brief marriages.
I mean, David's divorce from Jamie was well-documented. Jamie fell in love with Craig Simpson. Simpson's wife Christine was a staple on the youth hockey scene in Alberta with Dillon and Riley. Two divorces followed within a year. The end.

Last edited:

Amy L

I mean, David's divorce from Jamie was well-documented. Jamie fell in love with Craig Simpson. Simpson's wife Christine was a staple on the youth hockey scene in Alberta with Dillon and Riley. Two divorces followed within a year. The end.

Wasn't David married to another skater before pairing up with Jamie, then their split was within a year or so? David was married for 2ish years with #1 then he and Jamie lasted less than 5 married, though dating adds more years to that relationship. That's what I meant by two brief marriages. I was somewhat aware of the Jamie/hockey player thing, but I stopped following S/P after they stopped competing, and I've never followed hockey or that Battle of the Blades show (that's where they met, yeah?) There was just a lot of articles about that, then there were the FSU snarks about David and Tessa's "sister".

Jenny

From the Bloc
Let’s be honest too, people don’t always choose to divorce. Sometimes it’s the other persons choice and that person moves on.

cheers to Katia and David for getting a 2nd act in their lives.
More like third act, and that's only accounting for the three times that each has been married.

Perky Shae Lynn

Wasn't David married to another skater before pairing up with Jamie, then their split was within a year or so? David was married for 2ish years with #1 then he and Jamie lasted less than 5 married, though dating adds more years to that relationship. That's what I meant by two brief marriages. I was somewhat aware of the Jamie/hockey player thing, but I stopped following S/P after they stopped competing, and I've never followed hockey or that Battle of the Blades show (that's where they met, yeah?) There was just a lot of articles about that, then there were the FSU snarks about David and Tessa's "sister".
Yup he was married to Marie-Josee Fortin, for about a year. The split happened at the same time Dave partnered with Jamie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information