Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
THAT IS ONE MIGHTY FINE BEEFY A**

I hope Zach goes back to the tighty whitey pants for Worlds!!! :mitchell: :grope:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
THAT IS ONE MIGHTY FINE BEEFY A**

YASSS! I see were both in the market for some Grade A beef!

Just last month I made a case to the #TTW folks how Zachary was under my radar. And I never voted for him for PSOTY.

After finally watching them at Nationals and GP Final (lets get real I cant stand Shallow or this song about "doing anything for Daddy" so I boycotted them all season, lol) I was like... that beefy *ss! Or as I like to call them, pillows!

Love it.

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
EYS. Zach has also been showing off a lot of himself on his own IG feed. :grope: :saint:

Zach also has a new YouTube channel:

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
WORK THOSE ABS AND SHAKE THEM GLUTES with Zach in this video! :grope: :grope: :grope:

Plus more home workouts in his YouTube channel.

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
Too bad Zach can't win PSOTY again. :EVILLE::grope::smokin::psoty::respec::EVILLE:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
The gall to post "rarely am I comfortable shirtless" and then proceed to share a photo album showcasing gratuitous nudity. Mr. Donohue is an ambassador for the pure sport of American ice dancing and he should know better.

WORK THOSE ABS AND SHAKE THEM GLUTES with Zach in this video!

This is not a party line,dear. Can we focus on skating and restrain ourselves from indulging lurid fantasies? I recommend a cold shower and coffee.

-BB

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
This article is dated Sept. 29:
Moving forward, Hubbell envisions teaching a series of donation-based classes to support different organizations and charities like COVID-19 relief efforts and a local animal shelter.
Her goal for each of the classes she teaches is to create a grounding experience – something she recognizes a lot of people might need right now. "Yoga for me, is being able to be here in the moment…finding that little moment to just breathe and relax," she said.
Hubbell is scheduled to teach a one-hour, beginner yoga class over Zoom benefiting the Memorial Fund on Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m ET.
"Of course, to me, that's a no brainer because the Memorial Fund was such a big help," she said.
The fund provides financial support for skaters' on and off ice endeavors. Hubbell has received the fund's support throughout her skating career.
Don't miss the opportunity to do yoga with Madison Hubbell! Sign up for the class on Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. ET by clicking here. There is a $10 minimum donation and will be open to the first 500 people.

topaz

Last edited:

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
What a gorgeous FD. I thought "A Star Is Born" was a concept that should have worked for them, but that program missed all the marks with everything from the music cuts to how the elements were placed. This program is the opposite of that. The music cuts, how the elements are placed in the program on the music, the highlight moves, phrasing... What I love the most is that, in comparison to the FDs from the last two previous seasons, this one showcases and shows off the strengths in their skating: speed, power, flow, edges, blade work. All of it effortless.

I've seen a few dismissing the program, but outside of FSU, the reception seems to be very positive.

I think some people are tripping over the music choice and that they skated to Hallelujah before. The music isn't the program though. If memory serves, when they did the SD five years ago, there were a lot of comments that they should make it into a FD. Periodically since, the suggestion that they come back to it has been made. Now, they've done that. I think it was a good call. Also, H/D have a personal connection to that music--it means something to them. I think their being invested in that music comes through in the program.

I'm not sure how much of a season I think there will actually be, but I'm curious to see where they can take this, even if they just keep posting videos from Gadbois.

Ka3sha

I am so in love with their new FD 😍

Yeah, it’s not very original and new for them, maybe it’s not a masterpiece, but this dance and this music seems so “their”, it’s like they are not pretending to be someone, they are just Maddie and Zach and we can feel that this song means so much for them. The choreography showcases their strengths, their beautiful skating skills and deep edges. Maybe in any other season choosing the music you already skated to would have been a step back, but given current circumstances and everything that is going on in a crazy world around us, a place of comfort and ‘home’ is truly needed. Can’t wait to see it next week!

vgerdes

I am so in love with their new FD 😍

Yeah, it’s not very original and new for them, maybe it’s not a masterpiece, but this dance and this music seems so “their”, it’s like they are not pretending to be someone, they are just Maddie and Zach and we can feel that this song means so much for them. The choreography showcases their strengths, their beautiful skating skills and deep edges. Maybe in any other season choosing the music you already skated to would have been a step back, but given current circumstances and everything that is going on in a crazy world around us, a place of comfort and ‘home’ is truly needed. Can’t wait to see it next week!

I thoroughly enjoyed that FD. So what if it's not the most original concept/music. It packed an emotional punch for me, and they looked so smooth and sure in their movements. Nothing tentative. I can't wait to watch it "live" on my TV.

Sylvia

TBD
Zach has shared another excerpt from OIP's video of their FD (Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah) and the meaning of this music & program to him: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqt1kZhANT/

Phil Hersh's article:

Twizzle clip from the FD run through earlier today in Las Vegas: https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1319424450744340480

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I watched their FD from tonight. I am still so in love with this FD. It's not just my favorite FD of theirs in awhile, but my favorite FD from anyone in quiet a long time. It's early days after an off season that included an extended period of time off the ice, so there's still some polishing to do. That said, this program is so strong already. After two years of them trying to be something they're not with the character piece FD's, it's so good to see them skating something that fits them like a glove. It's the big step in the right direction they needed ahead of next season.

I started thinking about the FD from their first season. They were so good right from the start, but back then, they were so raw and unpolished. They have come so, so far.

sap5

I think this program is doing a good job in restoring H/D's confidence after 2 years of awful programs. I'd like to see them work on improving their lifts next (which I expect they'll do, after losing levels on them). It seemed to me that they skated rather cautiously in this performance, but I don't think that's a bad thing at this time. Good to see them really focused on doing their best. As time goes on, I hope they let go more and really feel the music while skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information