From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
That's a good question. i always though that such bans only prevent athletes from competing.
Isn’t she studying to become a choreographer? If she is banned, none of the tops skaters will want to use her. She might be able to choreograph for little kids, because they usually don’t post who their choreographer was. But when someone is banned, they can’t use even the ice rink, can they? At least if I recall, Kostner couldn’t go training to any ice rink when she was banned.

Willin

So, this is all sort of a 🤦‍♀️ incident since she took the drug after she had retired but hadn’t filed paperwork?
This is my big question - why forge a letter and rick a ban when you could, you know, just file the retirement paperwork?

hanca

Values her privacy
Maybe she was stupid not to fill out the correct paperwork to finish her skating career, but is this mistake bad enough to pay for it by being banned for ten years, and potentially have impact on her future career as a choreographer? She is 20 years old, and at 20 most of us made worse mistakes than forgetting to fill out a paperwork and taking diuretics. And yet it could potentially destroy her career. WTF!!!

Kateri

void beast
This is my big question - why forge a letter and rick a ban when you could, you know, just file the retirement paperwork?
It sounded like she didn't personally forge anything, but the clinic was unlicensed. We don't know if Sotskova was even aware if that.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Maybe she was stupid not to fill out the correct paperwork to finish her skating career, but is this mistake bad enough to pay for it by being banned for ten years, and potentially have impact on her future career as a choreographer? She is 20 years old, and at 20 most of us made worse mistakes than forgetting to fill out a paperwork and taking diuretics. And yet it could potentially destroy her career. WTF!!!

The whole thing is just bizarre and sad. Doping before a competition is one thing, but this isn't even that!

Ka3sha

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Channel 1 ‘Behind the scenes’ video from the test skates
I thought Trusova was ripped, but I think Daria is more so. 6 pack abs to make any of the men jealous.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Yablokov withdrew from Russian Cup. He has intestines infection.

Serov has a concussion (per his coach)

Ka3sha

Interview with the new head of St Petersburg Federation, Sergei Chopozov (28 years old, former hockey player). He has some ambitious plans for the future, wants to involve business and etc

He also announced that they are planning a big show next February dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the first figure skating world championship that took place in 1896 in Saint-Petersburg

Cherub721

YEAH!
Interview with the new head of St Petersburg Federation, Sergei Chopozov (28 years old, former hockey player). He has some ambitious plans for the future, wants to involve business and etc

He also announced that they are planning a big show next February dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the first figure skating world championship that took place in 1896 in Saint-Petersburg

Very promising. I wish him luck.

Sylvia

TBD
Anna Shcherbakova won the Russian Cup first stage in Syzran (82.13 SP+164.27 FS=246.40):
SP ("Elegie: O doux printemps d'autrefois" by Jules Massenet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJLA306Uqrs
FS ("Morning Passages" by Philip Glass / "Forgiveness" by Panu Aaltio / & newly added since test skate - "Beethoven's 5 Secrets"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GkfxdEhcow

Anna Frolova was 2nd (206.01 - her 7-triple FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VG2meW77mE ) and Maiia Khromykh 3rd (192.62).

Men's top 3: Artem Kovalev (229.39), Roman Savosin 224.40, Makar Ignatov 217.46

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The new ending of Anna's music gave me quite a jolt. I knew it was different from the test skates!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Talalaikina should have been on 3rd place.

I can't comment on overall results, as the only LP I've seen is Talalaikina, but the SP judging was so blatantly biased to the Sambo 70 skaters, it turned me off to the rest of the competition. Then I realized I was upset over the judging of a Russian Cup event and had to get a grip. :p

I agree, Frolova's SP was lovely.

Marco

Frolova was quite wonderful.

Shchberkova's program music lacked some ups and downs at the Test Skates so I am glad that it got re-edited. Still not a fan of the program overall or the way she handled it. She needed a lot more liberty and fire. She seemed more shaky than at the Test Skates which is weird since she had no actual competition this week whereas her closest competitors were there last week. Perhaps Eteri's absence made the difference?!

A couple Eteri skaters had axel problems this week and last. Perhaps it's time to look into it before it's too late.

million$momma

Frolova was quite wonderful.

Shchberkova's program music lacked some ups and downs at the Test Skates so I am glad that it got re-edited. Still not a fan of the program overall or the way she handled it. She needed a lot more liberty and fire. She seemed more shaky than at the Test Skates which is weird since she had no actual competition this week whereas her closest competitors were there last week. Perhaps Eteri's absence made the difference?!

A couple Eteri skaters had axel problems this week and last. Perhaps it's time to look into it before it's too late.
I'm guessing the axel troubles are due to training the 3A.

Ka3sha

Based on Victoria Sinitsina’s Instagram stories, Nikita Katsalapov is back to training. Ekaterina Bobrova also mentioned that she had seen both Vika and Nikita skating on the ice together not so long ago.

And according to Aleksandr Svinin, Aleksandra Stepanova is also back on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information