Boring Facts About You

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
MY blood type is AB. AB people are said that they are weirdo group in my country.

I am also an AB and apparently we are more likely to catch some terrible things. :yikes:

My most boring fact is that my taste in almost everything is so middle-brow I'm an embarrassment to my husband and family. TV dramas; Marvel movies; Impressionist paintings; classic rock, country and pop music; and yeah, figure skating instead of ballet or opera. I even read chick-lit novels. I was born without the gene for high culture or avant-garde anything.

Rob

Beach Bum
I drive a silver camry...I sometimes try to enter the wrong camry in a parking lot

Same except brown Lexus SUV, and there is one just like it at my office that I try to enter all the time. I finally notice that it has cream instead of saddle interior and slink off to find where I parked mine. I hope it is never broken into as my fingerprints are all over it.

I think I say PEE-can pie, but if I am going out to buy nuts, I am buying Pi-KAHNs. I thought that was crazy until I read the end of that article and found out I am not the only one. Maybe I say Pi-KAHN pie sometimes. Anyway, I hate the stuff. Too sugary and gooey - I do like a Pi-KAHN tarte though.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

My most boring fact is that my taste in almost everything is so middle-brow I'm an embarrassment to my husband and family. TV dramas; Marvel movies; Impressionist paintings; classic rock, country and pop music; and yeah, figure skating instead of ballet or opera. I even read chick-lit novels. I was born without the gene for high culture or avant-garde anything.

So what are your husband and family into? Ballet and opera?

I feel like my taste is mostly middle-brow because that's what I can afford. I'd love to be able to go to the ballet and jazz and classical concerts and musicals, and once in a while plays and opera. But TV and movies are what I can actually afford for the most part.

At least great literature is attainable at the library. So that's where my tastes go a little more high-brow. LOL.

quartz

scratching at the light
I like what I like and make no apologies about it. I pick rocks up off the ground cuz they’re pretty, read gothic fiction and of course still listen to prog bands from the 70’s. Napoleon Dynamite, Planet of the Apes, and Cool Runnings are amongst my favourite movies. I’ll drink beer from a bottle, wine from a box, and scarf back a plate of nachos in public. I’ve never had a manicure, wear $10 drugstore lipstick (Loreal Color Riche in Mica) and today my outfit is $30 jeans from Walmart, and a $3 thrift store black tank top with sequins and chiffon ruffles. I don’t listen to cheesy 80’s pop, but I will get up and dance my plus-size ass off to it.
I‘m certainly not fancy or fashionable, but at least I’m kinda fun if you’re not too fussy or uppity. :rockstar::nopryde:

Japanfan

I feel like my taste is mostly middle-brow because that's what I can afford. I'd love to be able to go to the ballet and jazz and classical concerts and musicals, and once in a while plays and opera. But TV and movies are what I can actually afford for the most part.

This. I've actually been willing to dish out $$ for the ballet, but can't find anyone else willing to do so, and don't want to go by myself.

We do have the Fringe theater festival, which is affordable, but the few plays I've seen there have been very disappointing.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So what are your husband and family into? Ballet and opera?

At least great literature is attainable at the library. So that's where my tastes go a little more high-brow. LOL.

My mom and aunt were authentic ballet snobs, my husband is into jazz and modern art, and two siblings and a niece sing in a very upscale choir with all sort of classical pieces. Thank god for my daughter whose tastes mirror mine. :D

But I also would go to live theater and orchestra classical concerts more if they weren't so expensive.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm a huge fan of boy band KPop. It's not like the rock music I normally like but they are just too cute. I could watch them perform all day. Or just be interviewed. That's cute too.

Jenny

From the Bloc
This. I've actually been willing to dish out $$ for the ballet, but can't find anyone else willing to do so, and don't want to go by myself.

One of the nicest evenings I had was the time I went to see Romeo and Juliet on my own in NY. It was a last minute whim, and I managed to get one of those seats on a side balcony that is actually a chair you can turn to face the stage, so I was sitting alone, free to tear up when I wanted to. At intermission, I treated myself to champagne and enjoyed it on the outdoor balcony overlooking Lincoln Center.

My husband and I go to the ballet often (sadly not now), but I wouldn't hesitate to go on my own again. I also went to the symphony on my own one time when he had to do something at the last minute, and I used his seat for my coat and program :)

Anyway, if you want to, I say go for it and enjoy yourself.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
One of the nicest evenings I had was the time I went to see Romeo and Juliet on my own in NY. It was a last minute whim, and I managed to get one of those seats on a side balcony that is actually a chair you can turn to face the stage, so I was sitting alone, free to tear up when I wanted to. At intermission, I treated myself to champagne and enjoyed it on the outdoor balcony overlooking Lincoln Center.

My husband and I go to the ballet often (sadly not now), but I wouldn't hesitate to go on my own again. I also went to the symphony on my own one time when he had to do something at the last minute, and I used his seat for my coat and program :)

Anyway, if you want to, I say go for it and enjoy yourself.

Some things I do fine on my own -- book talks at our big indie bookstore where all the political/social/journalist authors speak. I went by myself for years when I was single and sometimes still do (did, pre-crud.) But at the Kennedy Center or a play, I really want to share the experience with someone who will also love it. When my husband, daughter, her best friend and I saw "Six" in NY right before everything closed down, we were hopping up and down with excitement during the standing ovation. I wouldn't have wanted to be by myself.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Some things I do fine on my own -- book talks at our big indie bookstore where all the political/social/journalist authors speak. I went by myself for years when I was single and sometimes still do (did, pre-crud.) But at the Kennedy Center or a play, I really want to share the experience with someone who will also love it. When my husband, daughter, her best friend and I saw "Six" in NY right before everything closed down, we were hopping up and down with excitement during the standing ovation. I wouldn't have wanted to be by myself.

Oh, you saw Six! How was it?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Oh, you saw Six! How was it?

It was fabulous. Just terrific. Great music and performances and it pretty much does for the Tudors what Hamilton did for the Founders. So mad the crud closed Broadway before it could formally open.

mjb52

I like avant-garde art but not as much as I like bad Canadian sci-fi tv shows. And I use bad as a term of love b/c the worse they are the more I enjoy them.

mjb52

Which bad Canadian sci-fi tv shows do you like?

Travelers, Dark Matter, Continuum! Bad is probably a bit inaccurate, more like non-prestige maybe, as distinguished from the Battlestar Galacticas, Game of Thrones, Westworlds of the world (of which I only like BSG for the most part).

Cachoo

Escape: Between all of the sad and bad news that has happened lately and throughout the year I am hitting my simple go-to escape: A drive on country roads with my fave music. We need a break.🚘🐮🌳🌻🌞🍦🎼

skipaway

I’m an incredibly insured person...homeowners, car, health, long term care, umbrella, earthquake and flood. My co workers and I were discussing this and they all laughed at the earthquake policy (earthquakes very few and far between in my area of the US) but no lie, that next day was a 5.4 three counties northwest of us. We all felt it...I said told you so!

orbitz

. I eat the same thing every morning for breakfast: overnight oats soaked in almond milk with added fresh berries, banana and a bit of honey. ( I love it, but it is high in fiber, so don't be anywhere without easy access to the toilet for the next hour or so after consuming it, LOL.)

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Travelers, Dark Matter, Continuum! Bad is probably a bit inaccurate, more like non-prestige maybe, as distinguished from the Battlestar Galacticas, Game of Thrones, Westworlds of the world (of which I only like BSG for the most part).
I love Dark Matter, I really need to watch the last season. I want to watch Travelers but I have so many other shows.

shutterbug

• I drove a Matrix for 16 years and haven't forgiven Toyota for discontinuing them.
  • Hallmark mystery and Christmas movies are my guilty pleasure.
  • I like sweet white wine.

Susan1

I have never seen a Hallmark Christmas movie.
o.k., so you don't have to - female goes back to her home town, or moves somewhere where someone in town is causing a Christmas problem (hates Santa, hates presents, hates orphans, hates her new store, whatever..). Said female meets a guy, might be the same hater or his nephew or the town sheriff, doesn't get along with him at first, then they fall in love, and solve all of the town's problems, and then it snows (even if it's in Hawaii). The End. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information