Medvedeva leaves Orser for Tutberidze

Scott512

Best thing to do is put Tinami on ignore. Then you don't get her jealous attacks. I feel sorry for her that she's that jealous, but not sorry enough to read her trash :)
I have never put anyone on ignore and have been posting on a figure skating board since february 2014.

As for Zhenya going back to TT this will remind Eteri why she is a coach. She has spoiled coaching so many great ladies she has been spoiled no doubt. Now she gets Zhenya not at her best. Lets see what they can do in this unusual to say the least season. But it might not be until next season that things really kick in for Zhenya.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Not liking a skater is one thing. But having this dislike grow into such obsession that it looks as if the skater peed in Tinami’s cornflakes, that’s completely a different thing.

Well, not defending Tinami on this since her attacks have to do with character and integrity, but sometimes a skater's skating bugs you so much (especially when they're successful) that commentary does sound like pee/cornflakes. I don't want to unearth my old posts about poor Tim Goebel but they weren't pretty.

puglover

Bottom line for me is these are young people who have devoted their lives to an endeavour that rarely makes them rich or famous. The sacrifices are immense. Zhenya was very brave to leave Russia and move to Canada, choose a Canadian coach and coaching staff, adapt to a new lifestyle and take all communication in a second language. I am sure she knew she would be criticized so one can only assume she made this decision because she felt it was her best chance for continued success in a sport she loves. Coaches who step up and agree to coach athletes with a history, particularly a great one currently on the decline, are brave as well. This tends to be an athlete with so much more at stake and probably way more complicated to coach - both technically and emotionally. It is no simple calculation as to what real improvement or problems can be attributed to the coaching team as age, injuries, personal ability to adapt to a very new everything and luck/timing play a huge role. Bottom line - young people - trying to make the best decisions - three cheers for them!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Not liking a skater is one thing. But having this dislike grow into such obsession that it looks as if the skater peed in Tinami’s cornflakes, that’s completely a different thing.

It's not about skaters with Tinami, it's about coaches. You either perpetually bow down to Our Most Holy Mother Saint Eteri, or you're trash. Period, end of story.

layman

I just want to point out that all the drama surrounding this situation was created by Eteri. Had she acted classy in the beginning, there would have been no drama.

There is so much scrutiny of the actions of the minors involved (to leave, to return) but almost no scrutiny of the (adult) drama queen at the center of the controversies.

Also, this would not be the first time a victim has gotten away from an abuser, only to return. Unfortunately, this happens all the time.

shine

Well, not defending Tinami on this since her attacks have to do with character and integrity, but sometimes a skater's skating bugs you so much (especially when they're successful) that commentary does sound like pee/cornflakes. I don't want to unearth my old posts about poor Tim Goebel but they weren't pretty.
I doubt it has anything to do with the actual skating. If Med's skating bugs Tinami so much, how can Zagitova's not? :confused:

kwanatic

She made it sound (in her Russian IG) as if organizers invited her, but they did not and had nothing to do with her coming to Japan alsmost 2 MONTHS earlier than the stated date. She wanted to see if she can get ice time while other competitors were on quaranteen

It's not smart to try to travel to a different country during the beginning stages of a pandemic--though I doubt anyone knew it would become what it has. Obviously she's paid for that mistake.

Still, how is trying to find a place to train when you are an athlete a deceptive/evil/shady thing? Why is extra practice (during the off-season) seen as something bad? Or something that deserves so much hate and vitriol? I mean, maybe she wasn't completely honest with why she went to Japan early but how is that anyone's business but hers? She had her reasons but it's not like she's required to disclose her every move to the public.

Your level of ire for Evgenia is so far off of the charts that it is ridiculously hilarious albeit quite concerning.

muffinplus

I just want to point out that all the drama surrounding this situation was created by Eteri. Had she acted classy in the beginning, there would have been no drama.

There is so much scrutiny of the actions of the minors involved (to leave, to return) but almost no scrutiny of the (adult) drama queen at the center of the controversies.

Also, this would not be the first time a victim has gotten away from an abuser, only to return. Unfortunately, this happens all the time.

GMAB with this victim abuser nonsense. Evgenia is an adult who i presume makes her own decisions as evidenced by her trip to Japan... if she decided to come back I am sure she thinks there is something in it for her

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Just watched her LP and it was sad, she was just muscling through it and the jumps were MIA. I hope working with Eteri gets her where she wants to go but I'm beginning to think @rfisher is right, it was over when she hurt her back almost three years ago.

Perky Shae Lynn

Just watched her LP and it was sad, she was just muscling through it and the jumps were MIA. I hope working with Eteri gets her where she wants to go but I'm beginning to think @rfisher is right, it was over when she hurt her back almost three years ago.
In this sport, where 16 year olds dominate as it is, any injury is devastating and potentially career-killing. Especially if your coaching team doesn't give a damn.

orbitz

It's hard for me to see how Evgenia can improve. IMO, her skating has looked very labored (and not enjoyable for me to watch) for the past few years. She's much older now, and Eteri has many students and will sooner or later put most of her focus into the skaters that can bring home the gold medals. Having said that, I do admire Evgenia willingness to change and improve, and I wish her success with whatever her skating future brings.

Bellanca

Still, how is trying to find a place to train when you are an athlete a deceptive/evil/shady thing? Why is extra practice (during the off-season) seen as something bad? Or something that deserves so much hate and vitriol? I mean, maybe she wasn't completely honest with why she went to Japan early but how is that anyone's business but hers? She had her reasons but it's not like she's required to disclose her every move to the public.

Your level of ire for Evgenia is so far off of the charts that it is ridiculously hilarious albeit quite concerning.
Predictably, a thread or subject regarding Evgenia inevitably turns into a @Tinami Amori bashing Evgenia event, followed immediately by a posters’ criticizing @Tinami Amori free-for-all, finally culminating into a Medvedeva/@Tinami Amori/FSU poster verbal slugfest, which frequently happens all over the board no matter the subject. Not shocking and certainly nothing new about it.

The fact is the sheer hypocrisy that permeates from this forum is laughable. There have been plenty of posters who, likewise, have had what could be categorized as an obsessive, concerning, ott reaction to a skater(s) they do not like, or maybe a politician(s) or a sports journalist(s), etc. So, to read posters hammering on @Tinami Amori for her ott reaction to Medvedeva when they too have eagerly participated in the same type of behavior of ripping a skater, poster, etc., for egregious things they feel someone did, is quite humorous. Name just about any skater or skating personality who does not make someone on this forum react disapprovingly.

Just a few examples:

All skaters A to Z, Dave Lease, Philip Hersh, Christine Brennan, etc., etc.

We are all (in varying degrees) guilty of this.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Predictably, a thread or subject regarding Evgenia inevitably turns into a @Tinami Amori bashing Evgenia event, followed immediately by a posters’ criticizing @Tinami Amori free-for-all, finally culminating into a Medvedeva/@Tinami Amori/FSU poster verbal slugfest, which frequently happens all over the board no matter the subject. Not shocking and certainly nothing new about it.

The fact is the sheer hypocrisy that permeates from this forum is laughable. There have been plenty of posters who, likewise, have had what could be categorized as an obsessive, concerning, ott reaction to a skater(s) they do not like, or maybe a politician(s) or a sports journalist(s), etc. So, to read posters hammering on @Tinami Amori for her ott reaction to Medvedeva when they too have eagerly participated in the same type of behavior of ripping a skater, poster, etc., for egregious things they feel someone did, is quite humorous. Name just about any skater or skating personality who does not make someone on this forum react disapprovingly.

Just a few examples:

Honestly, all of this drama is exactly what I need to get through the day! We're allowed to love and hate what our favorite skaters do, but at the end of the day, we need to remember they are still human beings.

Polaris

Just a few examples:

Tinami is on a whole other level, so it is not "hypocrisy" for people to call her out. She could probably merit a restraining order given her posts and there's a reason why mods haven't been able to block her. I'm just surprised why people keep engaging with her and don't put her on the ignore list. She's unhinged.

hanca

Values her privacy
Tinami is on a whole other level, so it is not "hypocrisy" for people to call her out. She could probably merit a restraining order given her posts and there's a reason why mods haven't been able to block her. I'm just surprised why people keep engaging with her and don't put her on the ignore list. She's unhinged.
I don’t believe in putting people on ignore. It is not healthy to ignore opinions that we don’t like. Maybe that’s why the society is so divided, because people lost the ability to accept that someone else may have a different opinion. So eventually people end up listening only to those who have the same opinion. That’s a bit sad in my view.

VGThuy

I don’t believe in putting people on ignore. It is not healthy to ignore opinions that we don’t like. Maybe that’s why the society is so divided, because people lost the ability to accept that someone else may have a different opinion. So eventually people end up listening only to those who have the same opinion. That’s a bit sad in my view.

I used to believe in that too and I do believe in that for the most part, but I have learned there are just some posters who I don't feel provide any worth, actually post destructive things, and don't provide anything that helps me grow. As I get older, my tolerance for those posters have decreased and I have better things to do than reading posts that serve no real purpose and represent everything I'm against. That said, I don't have many posters on ignore at all, and the posters who I probably most disagree with are not on my ignore list. The only people I have on ignore were pseud accounts, accounts that annoy me (rather than posters who I disagree with), or one poster who personally attacked me. That's it.

Polaris

That's a reductionist take. By your reasoning, we should pay attention to every internet troll's opinion. Tinami doesn't provide any opinions that are "different"; she writes batsh*t conspiracy theories that qualify as harassment and will land her in legal trouble one day. Other posters have provided well-reasoned, constructive criticism that serve discourse much better.

This day and age has shown that there are plenty of garbage "opinions" out there that are better off ignored (e.g. QAnon, anti-vaxxers, etc.)

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It's not healthy to fill your life with bile, hatred, and toxicity either.

Personally I use ignore to keep my blood pressure down. It has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the poster. The bottom line is that I come here as a hobby to enjoy myself. If a poster makes being here unenjoyable for any reason, they go on my ignore list.

brina

Hi everyone I have been out of the loop re: Russian drama for a long while now (just been watching the comps on Youtube for the last couple of years), can someone summarize the drama that surrounded Med leaving Eteri in the first place? Thanks

babayaga

Just a few examples:

I agree it was predictable. Tinami bashing started before she even posted anything here as if it's her fault poor saint Evgenia is back with an evil witch Tutberidze :biggrinbo I still can't stop laughing. Waiting impatiently for an interview where happy Medvedeva will tell us how she missed her second mother.

Bellanca

💯 (y) If it doesn't fit the narrative...

It is a bit sad, @hanca, this borg-like mentality that people should feel and therefore react the same way about ... everything. I'm not going to pile on @Tinami Amori when I post the way I do, w/ strong language and opinions. Existing in the ignore bubble is counterproductive, imho.

However, at the moment, I am guilty of the dreaded thread-drift, for sure. :sneaky:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Hi everyone I have been out of the loop re: Russian drama for a long while now (just been watching the comps on Youtube for the last couple of years), can someone summarize the drama that surrounded Med leaving Eteri in the first place? Thanks

Got a few weeks? :)

Tinami Amori

This is a hilarious recurrent situation: an event takes place, often in Russia, some people start asking me for opinions, posting "where is Tinami when we need her", fully expecting that my answer will be at least contradictory to the popular opinion on FSU. Then i finally comment. And then people complain.:rofl:

Polaris, FSU is a North American posters dominated site, thus is a positive opinion of Medvedeva and ignoring of her behavior and actions. On Russian sites, while Medvedeva has lots of fans, the other half of figure skating fans find her actions, words and behavior UNETHICAL. I belong to this half of Russian figure skating fans.

Learn to accept different opinions.

babayaga

Can we PLEASE stop turning all these threads into treatises on Tinami Amori?

It is what it is. Put her on Ignore, scroll by her posts, whatever it takes, but stop allowing her opinions to derail every thread.
Agian, she was brought up BEFORE she even posted anything. Her opinions have nothing to do with the insane bashing fest in this thread. People cannot digest the news, that is the reason Tinami is discussed instead.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
This is a hilarious recurrent situation: an event takes place, often in Russia, some people start asking me for opinions, posting "where is Tinami when we need her", fully expecting that my answer will be at least contradictory to the popular opinion on FSU. Then i finally comment. And then people complain.:rofl:

Polaris, FSU is a North American posters dominated site, thus is a positive opinion of Medvedeva and ignoring of her behavior and actions. On Russian sites, while Medvedeva has lots of fans, the other half of figure skating fans find her actions, words and behavior UNETHICAL. I belong to this half of Russian figure skating fans.

Learn to accept different opinions.

Hey, I’m happy that you posted! :cheer2: Thank goodness that this is a “free and open” board in which all opinions can be expressed (assuming clean language).
Variety is the spice of life. And if folks don’t like that saying, then Get a Life! Or go hide in a CHOP zone! ! 😝

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information