Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Michelle and I are basically the same now, I also start work in my living room at 6 and cook a lot. I probably need to jump rope more (or at all). 😂 Good article, I always love her perspective on life and sport.

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
The KWEEN stars - alongside Maia and Alex Shibutani and a cast of celebrities - in Biden's GOTV video for the AAPI community! :cheer2: :respec:

And the KWEEN also posted this touching vid from the NH primary where Biden calls her out, saying, "If I can be a president as well as she can skate, I'm going to be the best president in American history!" :inavoid: :cheer:

all_empty

Michelle just spoke at the big #StopAsianHate fundraiser on Clubhouse

She spoke eloquently about the surge in anti-Asian hate and discrimination, how hearing Trump use words like "kung flu" and "China virus" further galvanized her work with the Biden campaign.

She said the video of the 91-year-old man being pushed from behind in Oakland Chinatown got her "blood boiling" especially as her grandfather had passed away in September.

She also said her dad told her not to tell strangers she worked for the Biden campaign because he was afraid for her safety.

Sylvia

TBD
May 4, 2021 article:
Relevant excerpt:
LeBron James and Maverick Carter will exec produce Recipe for Change (w/t), which will bring together Asian American celebrities, chefs, activists, and creators to celebrate API culture and discuss the recent and historic acts of hate and violence against the API community. Premiering June 16, the special will be produced by the SpringHill Company. Michelle Kwan and Dennis Cheng will also executive produce alongside Jamal Henderson and Philip Byron, showrunner Joel Relampagos, and director Rich Kim.
Found this on Michelle’s Twitter from last month - she spoke for about 2 mins. about the spate of recent attacks against Asian Americans to promote a 4/21/21 event in support of the National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum: https://twitter.com/michellewkwan/status/1379926524153843715?s=21

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/COyYiUnHG2B/
U.S. Figure Skating is amplifying athlete voices during Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month by having meaningful conversations and sharing the stories of our skaters, both past and present.⁠

Join us tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET for a conversation with @coachmichellehong and @michellewkwan.⁠

#AAPIHeritageMonth

Winnipeg

She spoke eloquently about the surge in anti-Asian hate and discrimination, how hearing Trump use words like "kung flu" and "China *****" further galvanized her work with the Biden campaign.

She said the video of the 91-year-old man being pushed from behind in Oakland Chinatown got her "blood boiling" especially as her grandfather had passed away in September.

My blood boiled when I saw the elderly man get pushed too!! I was shocked and angry to say the least.

VGThuy

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ I'll also be watching because Melissa King (Top Chef All Stars L.A. season 17 winner) participated in this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrqC-JLH99/

Press release for the show:
In “Recipe for Change,” hosts Michelle Kwan, Hasan Minhaj and Eugene Lee Yang will partner with esteemed chefs Jet Tila, Alvin Cailan and Melissa King to host dinner guests including Olivia Munn, Jay Shetty, Margaret Cho, BD Wong, Katelyn Ohashi, Lisa Ling, Auli’i Cravalho, Asia Jackson, Simu Liu, Amanda Nguyen, Tina Tchen, Ross Butler and Jason Y. Lee; fellow activists, artists and allies Sophia Bush and Brandon Flynn; and an appearance from Joel Kim Booster to celebrate global Asian and Pacific Islander (API) culture and discuss the recent and historic acts of hate and violence against the API community. The most interesting and provocative conversations emerge around the dinner table as those from the Asian community, and their allies, prove that when oppressed groups band together, the minority becomes a powerful majority and tiny ripples of action can create tidal waves of change.

80% of the crew behind “Recipe for Change” identify as AAPI. LeBron James and Maverick Carter will serve as executive producers on the special with their media conglomerate the SpringHill Company. Michelle Kwan and Dennis Cheng will also executive produce alongside Jamal Henderson and Philip Byron of the SpringHill Company.

Sylvia

TBD
In four hours, Jubilee will premiere an episode of “Come Have Dinner” with Hasan Minhaj, Eugene Lee Yang, and Michelle Kwan on YouTube.

The same 55-minute video is embedded in this People article:
Excerpt:
These days, Kwan is still skating — though "not very much and definitely not for the public," she jokes — and she is also into rollerblading, with a pair of trusty roller-hockey skates she has had for a whopping 22 years.
She's also honing in on important initiatives like Recipe for Change, which she's hosting alongside Hasan Minhaj and Eugene Lee Yang as they bring people together to "talk about shared experiences" they've had. [...]
The show came about, Kwan says, due to the importance of "asking questions and having discussions" for the sake of "understanding and being a little bit curious." She adds of the thought process, "How do we address these issues? How do we talk about it? First, it's through food, because food is always a great way to bring people together."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information