From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Natalia Zabiako completed her full-length documentary film "Neslomlennye" (Unbroken/Not Broken).
It is soon to be released on screen (both in English and Russian).

this youtube video has cuts from the film in the beginning and an interview with Zabiaco in the rest of the video (in russian).

Tinami Amori

Russian athletes often go to Germany to get serious treatments...at least all gymnasts do, so I'm not surprised. Maybe they don't trust their own doctors.
Germany has one of the best medicines and sportmedizin in the world. Not only Russians chose it. Orthopedic Center Munich East, OZA, OrthoPlus Sports Medicine Clinic are the best or some of the best clinics in the World. The doctors (and equipment) can take you with broken and torn parts and make a person new again, able to skate, ski or at least function normally while one was facing being an invalid. USA's clinics are OK, but doctors are too careful and new procedures and medicines take too long to test and to approve, while in Germany, Israel, Korea and Japan the doctors are less restrained. Some US citizens who can afford it, also go to Germany for serious injuries, i know several.

lala

Ilinykh about her work at Plushenko academy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE9YrZOlLn3/

“The last week has been incredibly stressful both physically and mentally. But we held out. It's always easier together.

First of all, I want to say thank you for inviting the great athlete to the team, and now our chief Evgeni Plushenko. Evgeny Viktorovich, you charge a million percent with your energy, looking at you it is impossible to stop.

You give freedom and strength. Thank you for your trust and the opportunity to learn and develop every day. Seeing you on ice with your children every day and every minute is the greatest happiness and unreal inspiration!

Sergey Rozanov , I won't say much, you know everything yourself. I want the world to see your performances and your work sooner. And, of course, it is a great responsibility to stand next to you. Well, people say that we look beautiful overboard.

Thanks to Dmitry Mikhailov, there is a lot of work ahead, but we will definitely manage it.

Thanks to my girls, you are strong, beautiful, talented. You are hard workers! It's good that viewers don't see everything that you go through every day. I think the stands would weep with me. Thank you for giving people joy and pleasure to look at and admire you.

Thanks to Yana Rudkovskaya for her support, for important words and for your trust! Everything you do for sports is a completely new level! Further more! With God!" -Via google translate

Eislauffan

New interview with Kolyada/Mishin from Goldenskate
Fresh start for Russia’s Kolyada after coaching change

The original Russian version of this interview with Mikhail is available at figureskating-online.com
as a Q&A. It is always annoying how people translate back from English to Russian. They don't even ask and the translation is not always accurate.
You also find the Russian version of the interview with Lisa Tuktamysheva there.

Ka3sha

Channel 1 video blog on Mishin’s team
preparations for the season

YouTube:
(switch to 30 minutes mark to see Liza’s new costumes)

And just Mishin dancing to some trap music :rofl:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Tarasova/Morozov withdrew from the test skates. They are alright, just preparing for two Russian cup events and then Grand-Prix event in Las Vegas
Trankov is quoted here about T/M's plans:
"Tarasova / Morozov will start at the stages of the Russian Cup in Syzran (September 18-22) and Moscow (October 10-13)." Skate America is Oct. 23-25.

3T3T

That’s disappointing with T/M but thankfully it’s nothing serious. I was looking forward to seeing them. It also looks like P/R are out. Via Instagram translation it looks like he is having an operation to remove his tonsils. That’s a bit a of downer for the Pairs, my two favourites couples gone. Still plenty of skating to look forward to.

Natanielle825

I too hope these injuries are not a sign of what's to come, but is it possible some skaters just don't feel like competing yet with little training and no promise that it will mean anything?
Also I've been waiting months to see some skating and my kittens have a vet appointment the minute the ladies start today :/ I hope videos will be posted not just streamed.

Regretla

I too hope these injuries are not a sign of what's to come, but is it possible some skaters just don't feel like competing yet with little training and no promise that it will mean anything?
Also I've been waiting months to see some skating and my kittens have a vet appointment the minute the ladies start today :/ I hope videos will be posted not just streamed.
I think they will keep the stream up like they did for juniors. At least I hope they do it.

alexikeguchi

Wow, Trusova looked fabulous. She confirmed that she does actually have some musical awareness, which I think she showed with her Kill Bill program, but she was able to perform convincingly to lyrical music here.

As for Tutberidze's remaining skaters, Valieva>Shcherbakova for the moment. Anna has a lot of lovely qualities to her skating, but I'm always frustrated that she doesn't manage even adequate turnout of the free leg on her landings, camel positions, and footwork whereas Kamila seems to get 110%.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If I were to pick the Olympic team today, it would be Trusova, Valieva and Scherbakova. I would imagine Kamila and Anna's growth spurts are probably mostly over and Trusova is so incredibly fit, I don't think hers are going to matter, plus, her mother is really tiny. Tuk and Sofia, I don't see it happening. Med, sorry, but they're better. As for Kostornaia, she's always a mystery. The biggest issue with her is motivation and fragile emotions. But, it's a long two seasons to the games.

Bigbird

If I were to pick the Olympic team today, it would be Trusova, Valieva and Scherbakova. I would imagine Kamila and Anna's growth spurts are probably mostly over and Trusova is so incredibly fit, I don't think hers are going to matter, plus, her mother is really tiny. Tuk and Sofia, I don't see it happening. Med, sorry, but they're better. As for Kostornaia, she's always a mystery. The biggest issue with her is motivation and fragile emotions. But, it's a long two seasons to the games.
Aliona was the least prepared. She did not have to come. She showed spirit, she is my bet for that third place easily. Anna was flat today. There was more oomph in Aliona's recently patched together program.

Aliona wanted to do a spooky program last year and they gave her that craptastic lp last year that she managed to salvage. This year the theme is more coherent. She will get it out of her system and move on. These two girls though Sasha and Aliona are not to be triffled with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information