Revisiting 2017 Junior Worlds

Sylvia

TBD
ISU is "live" streaming 2017 Junior Worlds as part of their "What to watch" series and the last group of Ladies SP is happening now.

Playlist of current/upcoming event streams: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuiPiC1Hk8eKiTzmRLF9-gUY1zGMSyPEx

Sunday, September 6: Ladies FS
Mon.-Tue., Sept. 7 & 8 Pairs SP & FS
Wed.-Thu., Sept. 9 & 10: Ice Dance RD & FD
Fri.-Sat., Sept. 11 & 12: Men SP & FS
Sun., Sept. 13: Exhibition Gala

Results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wjc2017/index.htm

From the ISU press release: "Ted Barton will also be conducting exclusive interviews with some of the athletes who competed during the Championships and will be reviewing the programs of the top three contestants of each event."

Barton will interview Carreira/Ponomarenko on Sept. 9th and Junhwan Cha on Sept. 12.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Oops, the stream cut out with four skaters still to go, including both Kaori and Marin, two-thirds of the podium (and in Marin's case, the person whose image was used for the video thumbnail). :gallopin1

Sylvia

TBD
Darnit, I was really looking forward to watching Marin Honda!

ETA:

Just realized the last 4 skaters are in the now archived stream, starting with Kaori at the 5 hour 40 min. mark.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

The ISU found the rest of the footage.

Also, why were there seven skaters in the penultimate flight?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

happycamper2554

Colonel Green

Katia and Harley, sigh, what might have been.

Boikova/Kozlovskii are so polished now, weird to go back to when their elements were so sloppy.

Chelsea Liu on that throw fall.:yikes:

Evelyn has struggled a lot with jumps and throws in recent seasons, but she was saving those throw landings impressively in the free.

In retrospect, this was the last Junior Worlds pairs contest before the new wave of Russian juniors turbo-charged it.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
There is so much I could say about revisiting this moment...but every shot of Katia's bright, beautiful smile is like a punch in the guts. Maybe one day I will watch this back and remember only jumping up and down in my living room screaming (silently because it was 1am)...but it's too soon.

As an aside, whoever made this techno remix of We Are The Champions...............

Colonel Green

Watching the FD reminds me, what happened to Kuzmich/Sinicyn?
They seem to have quietly retired after 2018. I don’t recall ever hearing about it.

Sinicyn has been showing up (with Garrett MacKeen) in Kaetlyn Osmond’s social media in recent months, so I guess Piper must have introduced them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information