U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjb52

Monko/Khaliavin and Hurtado seem to have a great relationship, knocking on wood (I hope Hurtado has a good recovery from her injury and their lay-off) so that is a good model that it can work fine.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I hear you.

But the three of them were friends before all this. Chris and Brandon having gone on fishing trips (Not like Brokeback, tee-hee) in the past. And Chris CLEARLY wanting to leave the competitive aspect of figure skating. He will still be there just a bit happier I think.

:)
True. But the dynamic is changed. Was husband and wife and friend. Now pairs figure skating partners and husband. I wish them well. Will be fascinating to see it unfold.

AxelAnnie

And aren't they all very mature for figuring out how to be happy with new directions for all of their dreams, combining old ideas with new instead of remaining stagnant trying to live down to others' expectations instead of their own?

Do we think we can judge the skating. Oh, and let's hope others don't prejudge it. And I can't wait to see Chris' cars.
We shall see. Sounds good on paper.

aftershocks

Banned Member
On Ice Perspectives’ Jordan Cowan filmed the first part (50 seconds) of Calalang/Johnson’s “Who Wants To Live Forever” FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDmGfeXJNCl/?igshid=2o2tdpo6f22r

Cowan also filmed Knierim/Frazier stroking around the ice: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDgvs1oJCfW/?igshid=1spz2hnw9hhm3

Clip of Kayne/O’Shea’s “Clair de Lune” SP from Monday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDeNRgjJy5U/?igshid=osywgcup3its

Lu/Mitrofanov are scheduled to compete both of their programs at Cup of Colorado next week. Skating Senior SP only:
Labazina/Nyman (team debut)
McIsaac/Sadusky
Deardorff/Johnson
Burden/Rounis (team debut)

Benoit Richaud has shared Instagram story clips of Finster/Nagy’s SP (to "Lost Without You" by Freya Ridings) and Labazina/Nyman’s FS to the Angels & Demons OST.

Thanks for providing the U.S. pairs news and Instagram clips (courtesy of Jordan Cowan's OIP). Jordan is definitely in shape and skilled with the camera to be able to keep up with these skaters! :) I always enjoy viewing Jordan's OIP clips. Also, his recent interviews with skaters, while watching clips he's filmed of their training practices and performances, are quite enjoyable.

The OIP clips of C/J and K/F are whetting my appetite to see these teams competing soon. Both teams are looking quite good together. The opening teaser for C/J's new program is a nice glimpse and very much appreciated. But again, it leaves me wanting more. They are so fast together. I wonder how Jordan is able to keep up. He clearly loves filming and editing skaters in action. It's great that Jordan is a former skater who knows his way around the ice!

K/F's stroking practice was cool. They seem happy and very strong together. Once again, their athleticism as a pair is striking. They were athletic with their former partners too. But even moreso together. They look like a good match.

I wonder whether Cup of Colorado programs will be livestreamed or if videos will be available afterward?

Spiralgraph

I like the new clip of Kayne/O'Shea's SP. I've been hoping they can execute the throw lutz (flip?) in their SP and LP consistently. With all their competition, they"re going to need to do harder elements.

Alexa and Brandon look good together as well, and Jessica and Brian I'm beginning to like a bit more. Of course I still am fond of Ashley and Tim. I hope Nationals can be held this January!

Sylvia

TBD
I wonder whether Cup of Colorado programs will be livestreamed or if videos will be available afterward?
The Colorado Skating Club appears to be providing a live, free stream of their competition starting on Friday, Aug. 14 - check out the info posted in the U.S. Club Competitions thread (I’ve posted some of the notable singles entries in post #9):
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2020-u-s-club-competitions.107439/#post-5844512

Info passed along to me - Labazina/Nyman’s SP music is “Per Te” performed by Josh Groban (to be debuted at Cup of CO). Benoit Richaud choreographed both of their programs remotely; their FS music is to the Angels & Demons OST, as mentioned in post #51.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member

Thanks for sharing! 👍 Alexa and Brandon are clearly putting everyting into their training time. And they are using this uncertain time very wisely. I love their upbeat attitude. They so deserve this wonderful chance to create something new together. My heart goes out to all the skaters during this difficult time. Shout out to TeamJenni&Todd and to all their pairs teams. Best wishes to Chris & Haven as well in their future journeys! ♥

I'm excited about the Colorado pairs training camp as well. And I want to give the Florida training camps and coaches, including Jim Peterson and Amanda Evora (who have relocated to Michigan) so much credit too for all of their contributions to the U.S. pairs discipline!

Kudos to all U.S. pairs teams! :cheer2:

Spiralgraph

GORGEOUS footage of 2021 world champions Alexa and Brandon here!!!

The lift is the one he would do with Haven

Great progress for these two. And I've loved that lift since I first saw a version of it on TV from Evora & Ladwig at US Nationals in 2010.

AxelAnnie

I am really sick with pneumonia...and it is possible (likely) I have most my mind but how could we be watching something from 2021?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I am really sick with pneumonia...and it is possible (likely) I have most my mind but how could we be watching something from 2021?

Its called forecasting. You will it. It comes.

And, also because I manipulate Wikipages.

Are you also trying to tell me that Bradie Tennell is NOT the 2020 World Silver medalist?

tee-hee

PairSkater12345

Ahhh World Champions......lol.....let's see them compete first.

chachacha

Well I didn't expect that bit of news. :huh:
It’s with TJ Nymann. Perhaps Haven after several months off decided she wants to keep going. Good for her! TJ is a good skater but seems to go through a lot of partners. Havens a beautiful skater and Has a lot of good skating qualities it’s just those pesty jumps! I’m sure we will hear an announcement soon 😊

maureenfarone

It’s with TJ Nymann. Perhaps Haven after several months off decided she wants to keep going. Good for her! TJ is a good skater but seems to go through a lot of partners. Havens a beautiful skater and Has a lot of good skating qualities it’s just those pesty jumps! I’m sure we will hear an announcement soon 😊
I thought he was skating with N. Lazabina. Did Lazabina/Nymann split?

Sylvia

TBD
Katie McBeath posted today on her Instagram after her successful test day at Great Park Ice in Irvine, CA ("... this singles skater has become an official senior pair skater!"): https://www.instagram.com/p/CEfEyZxpvAO/

Clip of McBeath/Bartholomay "Working that [throw triple] loop into the new program" earlier this month (music playing is "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last): https://www.instagram.com/p/CD2SpKgJCNt/

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
That’s what was told to me by a reliable source so that’s why Haven is in the picture as she’s in Colorado doing the try out.

If Labazina is out of the picture... why is she literally in the picture of this IG post? (Actually, she is the subject of the post.) Wouldn't she have returned to Russia by now?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Because that's still her coach and practice crew? Who knows...maybe she is already with another partner in CO? Or everyone is still sorting their feelings out? Time will tell...

chachacha

Because that's still her coach and practice crew? Who knows...maybe she is already with another partner in CO? Or everyone is still sorting their feelings out? Time will tell...
Exactly, she’s still in Colorado and Dalilah I’m sure will find her another boy.

olympic

Reading the comments about Haven, I really hope she didn't feel pressured to WD due to a desire to create 'super pair' SK/F. Why is she back so soon?

clairecloutier

Reading the comments about Haven, I really hope she didn't feel pressured to WD due to a desire to create 'super pair' SK/F. Why is she back so soon?

Haven never announced that she was retiring. After the split with Brandon (very recent), she only stated that she was considering her options. If she decides to continue, it's not a "comeback" but simply her continuing on with her skating. She was competing as recently as January. Any rumors of her retirement were just that: Rumors.

olympic

Haven never announced that she was retiring. After the split with Brandon (very recent), she only stated that she was considering her options. If she decides to continue, it's not a "comeback" but simply her continuing on with her skating. She was competing as recently as January. Any rumors of her retirement were just that: Rumors.

Yeah. I was careful w. my words because I didn't know if she was out due to injury, retired or taking a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information