Dancing with the Stars Season 28

aftershocks

Banned Member
People are still watching after all these years... LOL

I've surely missed some good episodes and good dancing over the past several years. But being confronted by some of the more annoying judging controversies and crappy eliminations, is why I think it's probably best to find the most worthy highlights on YouTube.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Oh, sh!t, it’s Tyra Banks. The Tyra Banks who tanked on AGT and wasn’t invited back. I wonder what dirt she has on the producers to get this gig? Seriously, when they dumped Tom, I thought they’d be going for someone more current.

Last edited:

shan

Oh, sh!t, it’s Tyra Banks. The Tyra Banks who tanked on AGT and wasn’t invited back. I wonder what dirt she has on the producers to get this gig? Seriously, when the dumped Tom, I thought they’d be going for someone more current.

Tyra Banks?? :scream:

BaileyCatts

All the articles I'm reading are talking about bringing in Tyra for the "new creative direction" the show is taking. Uh, what? Its a ballroom dancing competition. Exactly what 'new creative direction' can the show take? Its dancing! It better not be that they eliminate even more of the traditional ballroom type dances and make it all hip hop and street dancing. I'm out of they keep dropping the traditional dances.

Don't like the dumping of Tom at all. Agree they should have someone like Derek (even though he annoys me :lol: ), or some other former dancer who was a big hit on the show. But Derek is probably blocked by NBC contract maybe? Max could be .... interesting. Hey! How about Tony!

Spiralgraph

I don't have any opinion on Tyra Banks, but I'll miss Tom Bergeron as host a lot. He could handle the demands of live TV very well with his wit, charm and intelligence, I doubt anybody else could do better. I may give the new season of DWTS a try but if the have any "celebrity" from the political world I'm not going to watch at all.

annie720

Don't like the dumping of Tom at all. Agree they should have someone like Derek (even though he annoys me :lol: ), or some other former dancer who was a big hit on the show. But Derek is probably blocked by NBC contract maybe? Max could be .... interesting. Hey! How about Tony!

Derek's a bit dim. Doubt he could handle live announcing that's only partially scripted.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Tom was a real pro on that show. He handled a number of live situations well including some dress malfunctions and Marie Osmond's fainting, as well as the incident with Ryan Lochte. He always managed to support the dancers that needed some emotional support while keeping the show moving and on schedule.

screech

DWTS returns 9/14 and they announced the pros that will be on this season. Sharna is back.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CECB71XHN_l/?igshid=bmkucnvps679
As is Keo :rolleyes:. While I'd rather Artem back instead of Keo, I'm assuming spending time with his newborn son is a little bit more important. It must be the time for the pros to have babies, as that's the reason both Lindsey and Whitney won't be taking part this year. Apparently Lindsey is due a girl in November, Whitney a boy in January. Congrats to all the new parents!

I'm happy that Pasha is back after last year. He was the standout pro for me, and did incredibly well in placement for a new pro. I hope Danielle and Britt have as much success as new pros as he did.

And I'm always happy any season that Sasha doesn't get overlooked.

Firedancer

As is Keo :rolleyes:. While I'd rather Artem back instead of Keo, I'm assuming spending time with his newborn son is a little bit more important. It must be the time for the pros to have babies, as that's the reason both Lindsey and Whitney won't be taking part this year. Apparently Lindsey is due a girl in November, Whitney a boy in January. Congrats to all the new parents!

I'm happy that Pasha is back after last year. He was the standout pro for me, and did incredibly well in placement for a new pro. I hope Danielle and Britt have as much success as new pros as he did.

And I'm always happy any season that Sasha doesn't get overlooked.

It sounds like Artem might be back. I guess they are adding one more pro. I am happy to see him back and agree about Sasha. I will miss Lindsey and Whitney this season but am very happy for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...gvintsev-returning-to-dwts-for-season-29/amp/

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
It sounds like Artem might be back. I guess they are adding one more pro. I am happy to see him back and agree about Sasha. I will miss Lindsey and Whitney this season but am very happy for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...gvintsev-returning-to-dwts-for-season-29/amp/
I’m not sure how I feel about Artem. For a while, he seemed to shun the reality show lifestyle that comes with being partnered with Nikki. Now, he seems all in. I hope the producers manage it well.

BaileyCatts

Yep, Artem is back. They announced on GMA this morning. So has anyone seen any hints or strong rumors on potential "Stars"? I can't even think of a single potential "Star" who is like trending or whatever right now cause ain't nobody been able to do nothing all Summer long. :lol:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Yep, Artem is back. They announced on GMA this morning. So has anyone seen any hints or strong rumors on potential "Stars"? I can't even think of a single potential "Star" who is like trending or whatever right now cause ain't nobody been able to do nothing all Summer long. :lol:

There's a rumor that Randy Fenoli from Say Yes to the Dress will be there. If so I expect he will be very popular.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
There's a rumor that Randy Fenoli from Say Yes to the Dress will be there. If so I expect he will be very popular.

Randy Fenoli used to compete in gay beauty pageants, so I'm guessing he can dance and perform really well.

jkl

I saw a comment by Backstreet Boys AJ McLean announcing he will be on DWTS this season.

all_empty

My sources are airtight:

Yes to Carole Baskin. Lots of other reality TV/doc stars.

No to Randy Fenoli.

And yes there will be a male figure skater not unfamiliar to this format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information