Prince Andrew

aftershocks

Banned Member

"Geoffrey Berman, US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, [responded:] the prince 'has not given an interview to federal authorities, has repeatedly declined our request to schedule such an interview, and nearly four months ago informed us unequivocally... that he would not come in for such an interview.'

He added: 'If Prince Andrew is, in fact, serious about co-operating with the ongoing federal investigation, our doors remain open, and we await word of when we should expect him.'

The duke's lawyers declined to comment further, but a source said: 'This is the third time Berman has breached his own confidentiality rules, further diminishing our trust in the DoJ's willingness to play a straight bat. It's frankly bewildering.'"

By 'playing a straight bat,' Andrew and his lawyers must mean, giving the duke special treatment, assuring nothing the duke admits during conversations will be held against him or revealed publicly. IOW, keeping the duke's involvement with Epstein undercover, under wraps, swept under the rug, and out of any civil or criminal court case.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So it's okay for Andrew's people to say he's offered to help and been ignored but it's not okay for the DOJ to say, "liar, liar pants on fire" because that's "breaching confidentiality." Sure...

aftershocks

Banned Member
Unless it's being discussed in a different thread, I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested by the FBI and will face charges. Hopefully, she won't die while awaiting trial, if her case gets that far.

There's a lot going on here. For those of you who haven't looked at the Netflix documentary about Epstein's crimes and the stories of his victims, you need to do so. My immediate questions after I saw the documentary was, 'Where's Ghislaine Maxwell hiding, and when will she be brought to justice?? She was arrested in a well-heeled area of New Hampshire, so she obviously has had rich, connected friends helping her hide out.

Some people online have been speculating that the recent goings on with Trump firing the former SDNY prosecutor had something to do with this case, in addition to Trump's own malfeasance that's under investigation. As well, reports that the Queen recently spoke on the phone to Trump are rather interesting. In the press conference earlier today, the prosecutors mentioned they were still hoping for Prince Andrew to offer himself for questioning.

Sylvia

TBD

aftershocks

Banned Member
WTF! :eek:

I believe this story originated in The Telegraph. Maxwell and Spacey were guests of none other than Prince Andrew during an overall visit to Buckingham Palace by President Bill Clinton (i.e., Spacey is said to have arrived with Bill Clinton's entourage and Maxwell had been separately invited by Prince Andrew).

Thinking of where these two sit today contrasted with their self-aggrandized images in the photo...

Obviously, Maxwell's recent arrest led to someone dropping this photo, likely for big bucks.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Hmmm, such BP 'throne room' shenanigans might seem humorous to some. but for the Queen's favorite son to enable and allow it further demonstrates Andrew's careless sense of entitlement and disregard for even the institution in which he was raised. Maxwell and Spacey had already shown themselves to be arrogant, selfish, narcissistic and cruel toward people they exerted power over. No one is literally going to 'lose their heads,' but beyond that, certain people's losses and karma have already piled up.

60 Minutes Australia's most recent report on the Epstein saga (includes reactions from Virginia Giuffre and other victims of Epstein and Maxwell, regarding Maxwell's arrest; in addition to discussion of Prince Andrew's friendship with Epstein and Maxwell):

vgerdes

Hmmm, such BP 'throne room' shenanigans might seem humorous to some. but for the Queen's favorite son to enable and allow it further demonstrates Andrew's careless sense of entitlement and disregard for even the institution in which he was raised. Maxwell and Spacey had already shown themselves to be arrogant, selfish, narcissistic and cruel toward people they exerted power over. No one is literally going to 'lose their heads,' but beyond that, certain people's losses and karma have already piled up.

Truth. None of the criminal charges against Spacey have stuck (thus far), but I doubt he'll ever enjoy the kind of stardom he has in the past. He may never work in a mainstream film or TV show again.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I think the timeline is that the Pizza Express outing in Woking occurred sometime in the late afternoon to early evening. Activity at the London nightclub would have taken place much much later in the evening when such night owl venues open. Therefore, both events are possible to have occurred on the same day. IOW, based on timing, the alibi for the pizza outing never negated that Andrew could later have shown up at the nightclub with Virginia Giuffre, while his daughters were safely home at Royal Lodge sleeping (with minders, such as staffers or nannies available to look out for them in the absence of both their parents -- as Andrew said in the interview that Sarah was away on a trip during that time period).

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Vagabond

The refusal to repeat the denial comes after the Daily Mail uncovered a fax that said the prince had stayed at a “private address in New York” on 11 April and its sources confirmed this was Epstein’s £60m home in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

This directly contradicts Prince Andrew’s account of his movements that day in his interview with the Newsnight presenter Emily Maitlis last year, when he said: “I wasn’t staying there. I may have visited but definitely didn’t, definitely, definitely no, no, no activity.”
He has the privilege not to incriminate himself, but dude needs to face the music.

Last edited:

Vagabond

I'm posting this here so that it doesn't bother people who would prefer that the generic Royalty thread be centered around more pleasant subjects like pearl hair clips. ;)

Prince Andrew in the news again and not in a good way:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
If Ghislaine's lawyers are the "sources" alleging she's going to provide evidence to support him.....she needs better lawyers. Tying yourself to a toxic mess like Andrew is not a good thing.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
More to the point, she has no idea how to pronounce her name. ;)

His video on her name, in particular, has a different pronunciation:

So I give up. I'll just call her Sex Trafficker Maxwell.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Every time I hear the name Ghislaine (Gee-Lane) I am perturbed. Gee is Irish slang for:

Vagina
I have the same problem here in France when I have to teach students called 'Fanny'.
Fanny is UK, Australia, NZ slang for

Pussy/vagina

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information