Stockholm Worlds 2021 Update

hanca

Values her privacy
From memory I think an all event ticket of the most expensive kind at Euros in Stockholm 2015 was ~750 usd, so 3000 USD for Worlds sounds absurd, unless it's a very small number of VIP tickets with extras attached to them or something. 3k USD is more than an average monthly salary (after tax) for a Swede, so I don't think there'd be a lot of those sold to locals at any rate.
The all event package for Italy worlds were over £1000. I don’t remember exactly, but something like £1200. But then we got there and found out it included also some food at the rink, so it was definitely worth it.

Carolla5501

Not to continue straying too far off-topic, but Skate Canada was in Kelowna twice - 2014 and 2019 :D

On topic, I would love to go to Sweden for Worlds, even at the insane prices. But I’m not willing to put the money out with so much current uncertainty, so I have to hope the Fanyus don’t buy up everything. And that the world is in a better place by then.

Of course there's always a chance that Hanyu won't skate for whatever reason meaning the Fanyus would flood the ticket resale market.

In this environment buying to see just 'your skater' would seem to be even more risky then normal. Between the normal risk of injury and personal decisions skaters may make due to Covid.... Very risky IMHO!

Evilynn

((Swedish skating dudes))
The all event package for Italy worlds were over £1000. I don’t remember exactly, but something like £1200. But then we got there and found out it included also some food at the rink, so it was definitely worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were tickets in that range, but that's still around half the price of 3k USD (unless the currency market has fluctuated a lot during 'rona). 15k SEK sounds expensive, but not insane, if they're including extras (and I think they had some pretty ambitious ideas about profitability), but 30k SEK sounds like Olys pricing to me.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. :)

jkl

I got a response from my email to the Stockholm LOC. Tickets will still go on sale August 25. They are not ready to release ticket prices.

Sylvia

TBD
Recent updates to the FAQ page: https://stockholm2021.se/content/faq/

All-Event tickets will be released 25th of August at 12.00 Central European Time. Day tickets will be released in November, an official date will be released as soon as we can.

The single tickets will be released in November. Specific date will be announced in September.

The ISU Skating Awards will not be held in Stockholm 2021. There will be a traditional Exhibition Gala.
(cue the cheering ;))

The health and safety of the participants are ISU and our number one priority. We will follow the governments regulations and guidelines thoroughly and will inform about how, closer to the event.

What is the refund policy?
In general, paid tickets are non‐refundable. A refund of the ticket price, excluding the AXS service fee will be made only in the following circumstances:
The event is cancelled
The event is held without spectators due to restrictions imposed by Swedish authorities and/or the International Skating Union Restrictions imposed by Swedish authorities that prohibits travelers from certain countries to enter Sweden

DobrinFan

PRICES
The arena map shows different ticket categories and price ranges by colors.

Within each category, there are sections marked with letters and numbers so you easily can choose where in the arena you want to sit.

Booking fee (80 SEK) are not included in the price below.

Level 1
Premium 16 000 SEK
Gold 12 500 SEK
Silver 9 900 SEK

Level 2
Bronze 9 000 SEK
Green 5 500 SEK

Tickets
COVID-19
For the ISU and the Local Organizing Committee of the ISU Figure Skating World Championships 2021, the health and safety of the participants are priority number one. We are closely following the Covid-19 development with the expectation and hope that the situation will be back to normal as soon as possible.
SOCIAL DISTANCE
Due to the current situation and the requirements of social distance, the number of released tickets will be limited. Approximately half of the all-event tickets will be released. This means unfortunately that there will be less premium and gold tickets. If we will be able to release more tickets, there will be an opportunity to upgrade. If you have an interest in upgrading your ticket, you will be able to fill in a form that we will publish soon on this website and you will be added to the queue list. It is only possible to upgrade from gold to premium and silver to gold.
BUY YOUR TICKET
All-event tickets can be bought at this site, 25th of August, 12.00 Central European Time.
ALL-EVENT TICKETS
All-event ticket packages will include all competitions and the exhibition gala, as well as competition practices (excluding gala practice).
Fans will be able to choose from six categories of all-event ticket packages. The categories are situated in two different levels. In Level one you find Premium, Gold and Silver, in level two Bonze, Green and Pink.
PREMIUM
The ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2021 will feature a Premium Section for skating enthusiasts. This section includes the very best seats, an entrance just for premium tickets holders and a fun bag that includes a souvenir program, a championships pin, a special branded premium blanket and more.
SINGLE TICKETS
Subject to availability, single tickets are planned to be released in November.

litenkyckling

Hm... I was expecting to pay around £300-400 but definitely can't justify that much for rubbish seats during such an uncertain time! I also cannot fathom paying almost 2 months wages to sit in a premium seat... if thats an affordable option for you then ok thats great but not a choice I would personally make, even if I could.

Good luck to all of those trying to get a ticket! I think I'll need to give it a miss unfortunately, maybe Montpellier will be my chance to attend :rolleyes:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
That's not 2 months wages for me but it's still way too much. I wonder if they are doing this to make up for the lost revenue?

I know when people complain about the cost of all event tickets in the past, we have said "look how many hours of skating that is!" But for the price of the premium All-Event ticket, I could see Hamilton 10x with Orchestra seats. (Give or take, depending on the exchange rate.) I consider Worlds more of a 4-5 Hamiltons event. :D

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
$1100, more or less, for Silver seats. Even if I thought next March was going to be ok disease-wise That Is A Lot, even with all the entertainment money I've saved staying home.

litenkyckling

Well it’s Sweden so it was never going to be cheap.

I actually think its a bit of a misconception that Sweden is super expensive - at least from a UK perspective. Comparably its pretty similar in my experience. You pay very similar prices in Stockholm to what you would in London or Edinburgh. (Norway is a different conversation however)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I guess we will find out when the seating plans are released whether there are going to be any social distancing measures in the arena.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I actually think its a bit of a misconception that Sweden is super expensive - at least from a UK perspective. Comparably its pretty similar in my experience. You pay very similar prices in Stockholm to what you would in London or Edinburgh. (Norway is a different conversation however)

Well, the U.K. ain’t cheap either.

whiteskates

I expected prices like this. Was Helsinki in 2017 much cheaper? How much were the tickets for the cancelled 2020 Worlds?

Miezekatze

I guess we will find out when the seating plans are released whether there are going to be any social distancing measures in the arena.

The website/text says they're only selling half of the all event tickets right now. I'd guess that means the used seats will be limited.

Last edited:

whiteskates

The website/text says they're only selling half of the all event tickets right now. I'd guess that means the used seats will be limited.

It will all depend on the hmmm healh situation and what the authorities decide and it is far too early to know anything about that yet. Currently there are very few people hospitalized with the ********** in Stockholm, the other day they reported 57 cases only but the weather has been hot and sunny lately and there have been too many people at the beaches etc. so I fear there will be consequences after the holidays. I had been planning to buy a ticket but there are so many uncertainties now that I honestly don't know.

Miezekatze

It will all depend on the hmmm healh situation and what the authorities decide and it is far too early to know anything about that yet. Currently there are very few people hospitalized with the ********** in Stockholm, the other day they reported 57 cases only but the weather has been hot and sunny lately and there have been too many people at the beaches etc. so I fear there will be consequences after the holidays. I had been planning to buy a ticket but there are so many uncertainties now that I honestly don't know.

I wouldn't buy tickets now as a foreigner anyway, I wonder if anybody actually does? :shuffle:
As someone living in Stockhold I might risk it, because you'd get your money back anyway if the event doesn't happen or can't have audience and if it happens i find it hard to imagine a scenario where going there from Stockholm wouldn't work.

But IF it can take place, the weird circumstances might actually make it possible to go on short notice for foreigners, because there might still be unsold tickets in January or something. I'll re-evaluate the situation in November when the other tickets go on sale and then again in early 2021.

whiteskates

I live in Stockholm but I am a bit hesitant anyway. There may be many skaters who don't want to attend or can't do so because of travel restrictions. If that happens, many top skaters may not be here and I would be very dissapointed. I have planned to buy a ticket but I do hesitate.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Don't buy unless you feel comfortable either a) never getting the money back or b) not getting the money back until the end of next year.

I deal with consumer issues at work and one of the biggest things we've seen is that even bookings/tickets/things that were advertised as "fully refundable!" doesn't always guarantee a quick, hassle-free refund. From companies trying to offer credit notes or "hold onto it for a later date" instead to refunds taking five or more months to process, even "fully refundable!" is causing a nightmare.

I'm guessing they're not going to sell many tickets due to a combination of travel uncertainty, health uncertainty, and people just flat not being able to afford having that much money tied up in economic uncertainty. Which likely means that if it does get cancelled they will be much less likely to refund the tickets that were bought because of the huge financial losses.

I'm still wondering where they and the ISU are getting event cancellation insurance that covers the rona. As far as I know, no insurance company will touch it at the moment.

Miezekatze

I live in Stockholm but I am a bit hesitant anyway. There may be many skaters who don't want to attend or can't do so because of travel restrictions. If that happens, many top skaters may not be here and I would be very dissapointed. I have planned to buy a ticket but I do hesitate.

Yeah, that's a point I haven't thought about.

But since ticket sales are probably really bad right now, I guess you can also just decide in January or February...

Not sure about the event cancellaction insurance thing, that would be interesting to learn more about.

I'd guess the one venue that is currently running a bit bigger things with audience in Germany must have some sort of insurance, otherwise they probably couldn't afford the risk either?!

So far they didn't have to cancel anything and it's only 2400 spectators at the max, so I don't know anything about how well refunds would go.

Miezekatze

What venue is that? Where are 2400 allowed?

It's just an arena in Cologne, that currently has indoor concerts with a hygiene concept.

It's not used for sports events at the moment, I just used it as an example for a venue that dares to run events with spectators at the moment, since I guess they would have similar insurance issues as any bigger event in an arena (the overall size of the arena is comparable to the one in Stockholm).

sus2850

It's just an arena in Cologne, that currently has indoor concerts with a hygiene concept.

It's not used for sports events at the moment, I just used it as an example for a venue that dares to run events with spectators at the moment, since I guess they would have similar insurance issues as any bigger event in an arena (the overall size of the arena is comparable to the one in Stockholm).
Thanks, I was wondering, as I thought such big crowds are not allowed. In my state they aren‘t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information