Gabby Daleman - Miss Ontario

Sylvia

TBD
Local Ontario article (based on her Instagram posts):

Reading that [RT] article... does anyone actually call her the "Kim Kardashian of figure skating?"
Looks like it came up on social media during the 2018 Olympics?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Reading that article... does anyone actually call her the "Kim Kardashian of figure skating?"
But congrats to Gabby.

I remember people who weren't usually fans of skating calling her this online during the Olympics.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Or, maybe her trying to find some way to pay the bills while all skating venues are on hold.

Most beauty pageant contestants spend way more on training, pageant coaching, costumes, makeup/hair, etc. etc., than they ever make from being in pageants.

lexeoe

Most beauty pageant contestants spend way more on training, pageant coaching, costumes, makeup/hair, etc. etc., than they ever make from being in pageants.
that's true. i have friends who competed in pageants and good thing being in the philippines, the designers here willingly lend them the gowns and dresses and we have pageant camps who teach them hair, make up, catwalk, interviews to name some. in venezuela for example, girls have gone through cosmetic enhancements but with the change in management of the organization they are now going for more "natural" looking girls. in other countries, they need to spend and it can get really expensive.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Gabby's latest IG post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CExG32aBmNV/
I’m so excited to be representing beautiful York Region in the up coming Miss Canada World contest in November. As part of the pageant my “Beauty With a Purpose” project aims to promote a healthy and positive body image in support of female athletes. I want young girls to grow up and not face criticism and body shaming simply for how they look, especially for young athletes. Too many women face mental health issues as a result of bullying because of cruel and relentless people who have a twisted version of what a woman should look like. More to come.....

She appeared on Christina Heydanus' "Opening the Playbook" podcast (Sept. 8, 2020):
... But there’s so much more to Gabby than just figure skating – and she’s on a mission to make sure people know. Gabby is the current Miss York Regional Finalist, and will battle for the Miss World Canada crown come November. On today’s episode, she explains her interest in the pageant, and what she hopes to accomplish with the “Beauty with a Purpose” project. She’s been vocal about struggling with anxiety, depression and an eating disorder, and hopes doing this pageant will help others who are struggling realize they are not alone.

Sylvia

TBD
It breaks my heart that I have to announce this but I will not be competing @missworldcnd nationals 2020 due to a conflict with my Skating.
This was an amazing experience and I can’t wait to continue this journey and see where it leads and takes me, but as of now this has to take a back seat to my skating! Trust me this journey and chapter isn’t over just yet!!

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
That’s what first runner ups are for, in case the winner cannot commit or complete their reign
The runner up is probably delighted but the organisers not so much, I doubt they will choose her again if she is still competing as she has shown what her priority is. (I am glad she chose skating though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information