Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passed away

MsZem

I see the sea
Yes, and she seems to have been looking for something to do - tried to coach, tried to find a job in television, but she failed. So she is said to have often said she was a complete failure just before her death.
It must be hard enough to transition out of a competitive career even under normal circumstances, but to do so amidst a pandemlc, with so many things shut down and sources of support unavailable... I wish Katia could have been easier on herself. I wish someone could have helped her realize how much she could still do with her life.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

This is horrible news. 😪😪😟 I had often thought of Katia the past year and found it a bit worrisome that the end of her career was so sudden and never explained beyond just the vague mention of “injuries.”

@Fairuza, I assume the information you are sharing is hearsay, not from a press source?

Finnice

Horrible and sad news. May she rest in peace and hope her nearest people find a way to continue living.
RIP Ekaterina.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Heartbreaking, especially if it’s true that she died by suicide. I just spent 7 weeks in a psychiatric hospital to save my own life - depression is a terrible struggle. Sadly not everyone can get the help they need. RIP Katia

Sending love to you, and all who are struggling. I was very touched by what Lina Federova wrote as well. This is so sad. RIP Katia.

viennese

wrecked

skateboy

I literally gasped out loud when I saw the thread title... I'll bet most of us did.

How heartbreaking.

Sylvia

TBD
A/W's coach Andrei Khekalo said Katia Alexandrovskaya had an "epileptic seizure at home" in early January while training for 4CC (this was likely the "health concerns" mentioned by Harley on his Instagram on Feb. 26 that led to their split/her early retirement :():

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information