Really, part deux

vesperholly

I first "met" Lee on the rec.sport.skating.ice.figure (rssif) newsgroup when it was hosted at UDel.
Oh wow, I didn't realize she went back to the RSSIF days! I used to access those boards through AOL :lol:

@Gerry thank you so much for posting Lee's obituary. She sounds like a wonderful lady. Hugs and love to you, your family and all of Lee's friends.

Beautiful tribute icon, well done whoever made it. 💜

dogbert

So very sorry to hear this. I never had the privilege of meeting Lee, but I've followed this thread periodically and it was pretty clear that Lee was a unique and loving person. She was so brave and tenacious throughout her illness - it was truly inspiring and heartwarming to read. Gerry's love and dedication for Lee, and the diligent way he cared for her, just reflects what a special person she must have been. The obituary and pictures are beautiful, as is the banner. She passed far too young.

My deepest sympathies to Gerry and the rest of Lee's family and friends.

ioana

So sorry to hear about Lee. I met her at one of the Skate Canadas I went to. Remember giving her some grief for being very nice and living up to that Canadian stereotype. She was also planning a get together and debating which restaurant had the best drinks -during the first warmup group.

My condolences to Gerry and the rest of the family. Hopefully, the fact we all miss her and agree as a board she was universally well-liked (rare occurrence around these parts!) can be a small comfort to them.

SonOfALee

Wow.

You folks are amazing. It’s going to take me quite a bit of time to read everything that’s been written, but from the bits I have read, I am deeply touched by the massive outpouring of love and respect for my mother (and for my old man, as well!).

There is a side of my mom that I never knew. You guys did, but I never could. To me, she was just Mom. To you, she was this amazingly hilarious, adventurous, wild prairie woman.

Any of you who got to know her on a personal level.. if you’ve got any stories about my mom, or things that you think will make me smile and help me to know her better, I would love to hear from you. I can be reached through email or facebook, which I will post below.

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for supporting my mom and dad through this entire journey. I will remember forever the kindness you’ve displayed.

-Kenny
[email protected]

Vagabond

@SonOfALee Back in the early days of FSU, members with paid subscriptions could give reputation points instead of "Liking" a post. Your mother repped one of my earliest posts with the comment "Random rep." From then on, I thought of her as someone who most engage in random acts of kindness in her mysterious offline life.

liv

So sorry to read this news. I've been in and out over the months, reading up on the journey, sending positive thoughts... now to read this... I"m so sorry Gerry. To you and the whole family, my deepest condolences.

What a lovely obituary, what a lovely banner, SHARPIE.

RIP, Lee, you will be missed greatly.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
I have been out of the loop for a while and thought I'd just pop in on FSU. . . so, so sorry to hear Lee is gone. She fought so hard. I never knew her personally but my heart aches for her family and those who were close to her.

SonOfALee

@SonOfALee Hey Kenny! Great to see you here. And as you can see, you mom's influence as gone around the world and back. The memories and stories are countless. It's still difficult to know she's gone, we miss her so much.

I hope you get tons of replies to your request!

—Nathan

Hi Nathan.. would you mind reaching out to me on Facebook? You are most definitely one of the people I need to speak with

aftershocks

Banned Member
The FSU banner is so beautiful with Lee's picture gracing it! Thanks so much to Gerry for sharing the pictures, and for posting Lee's obituary, so that we can take part in celebrating her life. ♥

I appreciate learning more about Lee from those who have been sharing fond memories. Lee's strength was apparently grounded in her lively, warmhearted, and uncompromising personality. It's uplifting to know that she lived her life fully with no regrets. May those closest and dearest to Lee derive some measure of comfort in knowing how much she is loved, and that she is now at peace, and that she will never be forgotten.

Hugs to Gerry, to Kenny and to all of Lee's loved ones and dear friends. ((((Hugs))))

paskatefan

SonofALee, thank you for coming to the forum. I wish we had the chance to meet your mom @ a competition. What an incredible person, wife, mother, grandmom, & teacher she must have been. May her memory be for a blessing for all of you.

skatak

Was out of the loop, so sorry to hear such sad news. Rest in peace Lee, kuddos for your courage and your fight (that extends to the relatives, thanks for keeping us updated Gerry, you are amazing).

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I have not been in the skating threads for quite a while, but when I saw the beautiful banner, it was a sad, bad day. When I think of Lee, I always think of Christmas cards, ones she sent, ones I sent, little gifts across the miles, and of her appreciation for great Canadian skating. My heart goes out to you, Gerry,Ken, pat_c and all who loved Lee. Thank you Gerry for posting her beautiful obituary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information