Battery life on your kindle?

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I normally read physical, paper books, but recently I've read a few books on an kindle voyager that I got a few years ago as a gift. People told me how wonderful the battery life was and that it lasted for weeks, but that hasn't been my experience. I read for 3-5 hours today, and the kindle seems to be at around 50%. But some of the reports showing weeks of battery life assumed no more than 30 minutes of reading a day. I've turned off the wifi setting unless I'm actually downloading a book. Is this pretty typical for battery life, or is the battery life on the newest models significantly better? So what's your experience with battery life on your kindle reader?

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I normally read physical, paper books, but recently I've read a few books on an kindle voyager that I got a few years ago as a gift. People told me how wonderful the battery life was and that it lasted for weeks, but that hasn't been my experience. I read for 3-5 hours today, and the kindle seems to be at around 50%. But some of the reports showing weeks of battery life assumed no more than 30 minutes of reading a day. I've turned off the wifi setting unless I'm actually downloading a book. Is this pretty typical for battery life, or is the battery life on the newest models significantly better? So what's your experience with battery life on your kindle reader?
Mine lasts.forever.

Rob

Beach Bum
Mine lasts a couple of weeks, more if I put it on Airplane mode. My old paper white actually lasted longer - I have the waterproof one now.

Icedancer

Do you read with the backlight on? That will drain a battery fairly quickly. I have a Kobo Forma (which I just love!), but if I use it with the backlight, the charge doesn't last long. However, it doesn't take very long to charge it up completely - usually less than an hour.

ryanj07

I have a paperwhite and mine definitely doesn’t last for weeks if I’m using it daily for reading. I mostly keep my WiFi on though so that probably contributes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information