From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rina RUS

There were "protest actions online" in different cities. (Did they take place only in Russia?)
I hope the pictures will help to understand how it worked. People just made marks on the online maps - and in the short comment to his mark everyone wrote what he thinks about the situation.
It was difficult to see the map because of all those marks. 💬💬💬💬💬
I guess it was stopped somehow.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Gender equality, Russian style :lol:

Russian figure skaters will be involved in two online competitions.
Ladies team (Victoria Sinitsina, Aleksandra Boikova, Anastasia Mishina and Sofia Samodurova) takes part in the "burpee contest" against synch swimmers today (organized by some non-governmental foundation) - you have to do as much burpees as you can per minute.

And Men's team (Dmitrii Aliev, Makar Ignatov, Nikita Katsalapov, Vladimir Morozov, Aleksandr Enbert) are doing a cyber Counter-Strikе competition against other athletes (this contest is organized by Moscow cyber sports committee)

There even will be live streams for both events

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Gender equality, Russian style :lol:

Russian figure skaters will be involved in two online competitions.
Ladies team (Victoria Sinitsina, Aleksandra Boikova, Anastasia Mishina and Sofia Samodurova) takes part in the "burpee contest" against synch swimmers today (organized by some non-governmental foundation) - you have to do as much burpees as you can per minute.

And Men's team (Dmitrii Aliev, Makar Ignatov, Nikita Katsalapov, Vladimir Morozov, Aleksandr Enbert) are doing a cyber Counter-Strikе competition against other athletes (this contest is organized by Moscow cyber sports committee)

There even will be live streams for both events
the girls do fitness challenges and the guys play video games. We'll just leave it at that. :lol:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Are Tarasova/Morozov the only pair doing one of the training camps?
Аccording to Samokhvalov Mozer's teams are Muhamerzyanova/Mironov; Pepeleva/Pleshkov; Mukhortova/Evgeniev, they are to start practicing June 1st in Novogorsk
And again, Samokhvalov's report: TarMor to work with Trankov in Novogorsk

also: none of the skaters who are in Novogorsk have 'rona

Rina RUS

Ka3sha

so maybe those who are going to Kislovodsk or Novogorsk are the most careful ones
I don’t really believe flying to Kislovodsk is very careful. Novogorsk also doesn’t seem that wonderful when you consider that in case someone get ‘rona (athlete, coach, any regular worker, cook, cleaner, whoever), then the whole closed center will end up being on quarantine..

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

taz'smum

I don’t really believe flying to Kislovodsk is very careful. Novogorsk also doesn’t seem that wonderful when you consider that in case someone get ‘rona (athlete, coach, any regular worker, cook, cleaner, whoever), then the whole closed center will end up being on quarantine..

Yup, it would only take one false negative for that to happen.
False negatives can and do happen unfortunately.
Though really, I think skaters are pretty responsible, and they should all be free of the BB

Rina RUS

They started to tell they are also going to open many shops (and services). This article says Sobyanin has suggested to do it on June 1 too, maybe the decision isn't made yet.

Shops are going to follow the new rules, but I guess the subway can stop following those rules even before June 14 (if they give people enough QR codes). If QR codes won't be needed from June 14, I guess the subway, and buses, and trains are going to be full.
I mean... I don't understand why do they bother to make new rules for shops, if many people go to those shops by subway, and buses, and trains (including those who work in these shops).

So it's not about a group (a group???!!!) of skaters skating on their rink.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

All athletes tested in Novogorsk and Round Lake camps - confirmed no xxxxxxxxx. clear to practice. (Ministry of Russian Sports announcement reposted by various publications).

Tarasova/Morozov will be coached by Trankov at the Novogorsk camp, Mozer confirmed.
«Тарасова и Морозов будут работать в Новогорске с Траньковым», – сказала Мозер.

----
Plushenko/Rudkovskaya comment on recovery of Ramzan Kadyrov from xxxxxxx and justify their friendship.
Text
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1085784705.html (google translates ok, worth a reading for the ridiculous aspect of their comments).

• Plush/Rud claim he did so much for peace in his region, how helpful he is to friends, etc.
  • He made the region so safe that i (Yana) can walk at night on the street in diamonds and feel safe, in Grozny and Monaco.
  • They lost a sponsor over this friendship, etc.

- Yana: I remember Grozny when there were militants. And I see what has happened to this beautiful region, this beautiful city. What order is there. In no country in the world, probably, with the exception of Monaco and the city of Grozny, am I afraid to walk alone at night in jewelry. And do not be afraid that they will be removed from me.

- many small "raves" about goodness of Kadyrov.
===

Rina RUS

It is possible, of course.
IF they have there good hospitals (in Kislovodsk, in Novogorsk), their trainings can be less risky than trainings in Moscow where not only rinks are going to open, where many people go to their work by the subway.

Tinami Amori

CSKA/Davydov - will not take his group to Novogorsk or Kislovodsk, where his top ladies would face Byuanova's, Tutberidze's skaters and new Plusch transfer Trusova.

His group of top ladies and regular skater is going to Sochi, «Сириус» - Sirius Centre.

Sirius Centre (Youth development and activities centre, not just sports):

Tinami Amori

Here is a link to video interview version (original), Miss Flade in action... :D (it's in Russian)

lala

All athletes tested in Novogorsk and Round Lake camps - confirmed no xxxxxxxxx. clear to practice. (Ministry of Russian Sports announcement reposted by various publications).

Tarasova/Morozov will be coached by Trankov at the Novogorsk camp, Mozer confirmed.
«Тарасова и Морозов будут работать в Новогорске с Траньковым», – сказала Мозер.

----
Plushenko/Rudkovskaya comment on recovery of Ramzan Kadyrov from xxxxxxx and justify their friendship.
Text
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1085784705.html (google translates ok, worth a reading for the ridiculous aspect of their comments).

• Plush/Rud claim he did so much for peace in his region, how helpful he is to friends, etc.
  • He made the region so safe that i (Yana) can walk at night on the street in diamonds and feel safe, in Grozny and Monaco.
  • They lost a sponsor over this friendship, etc.

- Yana: I remember Grozny when there were militants. And I see what has happened to this beautiful region, this beautiful city. What order is there. In no country in the world, probably, with the exception of Monaco and the city of Grozny, am I afraid to walk alone at night in jewelry. And do not be afraid that they will be removed from me.

- many small "raves" about goodness of Kadyrov.
===

This is the whole interview. It's a little bit different from Tinami's summary

Music producer, wife of two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, Yana Rudkovskaya, spoke about her friendship with the honorary president of Akhmat , the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov .

“I have known him for 14 years. We came to him with Dima Bilan when Grozny was all on fire, we spoke in the square in front of people for the New Year - when they bombed Grozny.

I remember we flew there and got into the car. The driver tells us: can you bend over? Just in case, and best of all, sit down. And we go, and there: knock-knock-knock-knock ... I say: what is this? And the driver: yes these are bullets flying.

I remember Grozny when there were militants. And I see what happened to this beautiful region, this beautiful city. What order is there. In no country in the world, probably, with the exception of Monaco and the city of Grozny, am I afraid to walk alone at night in jewelry. And do not be afraid that they will be removed from me.

Ramzan Akhmatovich is a terrific leader, an amazing person, a great fellow. He plays sports, he has his own concepts. And when they talk about some scary stories about him, you grab hold of your head: oh my god, if they have written so much about me, how much they say about a man who really put things in order in the Caucasus.

I had a moment when a very serious brand said that it would not be able to work with me if I continued to be friends with Ramzan Akhmatovich and go to Grozny. They told me: he is on the sanctions list, and you are our ambassador, you should never continue to communicate. I said that I’m not selling friends for any brands - and we stopped working with one big foreign brand.

I believe that my friendship with Ramzan Akhmatovich is priceless. And I understand what this man did for the Caucasus, for a settlement. What used to be what now. We live - and there are no problems in the Caucasus, thanks in part to Ramzan Akhmatovich. I am proud of friendship with him, ”said Rudkovskaya.

How stupid! :angryfire I understand Kadyrov made peace in Chechnya and finished the terror attacks in Russia but though!
I know many people agree with this opinion in Russia but they are famous public persons!:mad:

-But I don't understand why is this news on a sport site on sports.ru? This is not sport news.
-Yana gave an intervew to a radio. And the sport.ru wrote about it. Why?
-Why is rudkovskaya so interesting?

My answer to my questions:

The Russian media, the sports.ru, the posters will write the showbusiness comes to the figure skating... They want to make scandals all the time and use for example Rudkovskaya..Awful!

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Davydov going to Sochi because only one of his pupils is in the team - Samodelkina. Davydov explains he can't drop his whole group and just go there with Samodelkina only. He also states that he was not not invited to Novogorsk, but preferred to go with the whole group rather than with one pupil only. He says he does not know when exactly it will happen.

I don't really understand - if the rinks in Moscow to be opened in a couple of days anyway, what's the point going to Sochi?

taz'smum

I don't really understand - if the rinks in Moscow to be opened in a couple of days anyway, what's the point going to Sochi?

I've just had an update, the rinks are not included in the lockdown relaxing on the 1st June, they will remain closed. It will only be the main stadiums that will open on the 1st.

The rink where Kustarova's group trains had said it wouldn't open until August, not sure if that is still the case.

Last edited:

mjb52

If Zhulin wants to do a camp (and I'm not at all sure he does and can understand why he wouldn't), what happens with all the non-Russian teams he coaches? Seems a more complicated situation than Svinin/Zhuk for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information