The Alcohol Thread

Cachoo

What are you drinking during the beer burden? My co-worker just told me about whipped cream vodka and hot chocolate. Yum. I'm ready for a drink! What is on your list to imbibe? Or what have you imbibed? :40beers:

Cachoo

I'm afraid I'm feeling my "candy drinker" side during this quarantine so sweet and creamy is there but tequila sounds sublime too.

annie720

Cab Sav, vodka & water, old fashioneds, and occasionally a brandy alexander for dessert. Also, whatever beer dh brings home.

Japanfan

Just wine for me as usual.

But yesterday I was thinking how nice a Spanish coffee would be. I think 'Spanish' is the right word for coffee with liqueurs?

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
A friend of mine bought a house a year ago and because of quarantine she’s able to put in the garden of her dreams, which includes much mint so we made mojitos! And they were delicious—I quite enjoyed muddling.
So here’s the recipe we decided on as the definitive mojito:
White rum
Sugar
Lime cut into four wedges
Fresh mint leaves (we used 3 stems per glass)
Club Soda

For one mojito:
Muddle mint leaves with one lime wedge
Add 1.5 tablespoons of sugar and two more lime wedges and muddle, muddle, muddle
Fill with ice
Add white rum (we added 1.5 jiggers)
Shake, shake, shake
Add club soda to fill glass
Squeeze last lime wedge into drink and serve (add more sugar if not sweet enough, more club soda if too sweet)

It’s more traditional to use simple syrup instead of club soda and sugar, and it’s easier, but we like the fizziness of the club soda, gives it a kick. Next time we’re going to try Sprite instead of club soda/sugar.

just tuned in

I am not a drinker but I enjoy the show Bar Rescue. They made a drink called the Bees Knees which sounds delicious. Basically honey lemonade with vodka.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Almost ANYTHING! (except rum and gin)

Chardonnay. Almost frozen Belvedere Vodka. Martini. Mimosa.
I am drinking WAY, WAY too much at the moment as I watch my business shrink, my shoulder hurt after surgery, and can't hug my grandchildren.

Have you ever noticed while watching TV.....everyone has a drink in their hand or a coffee cup? How do they shoot any scenes betweein bathroom breaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information