Open Ice-Figure Skaters' Livestream for the UN Foundation's C0VID-19 Solidarity Response Fund-April 25 @ 2:00 pm ET

Barbara Manatee

The make-up challenge was a hoot! This whole program has been incredibly well done. I can't believe they've managed to connect with everyone and run it all so smoothly. Kaitlyn and Jordan should be very proud at what they've pulled off. :encore::encore:Kudos to all the skaters for their sincerity and thoughtfulness and good cheer, too.

screech

Kurt Browning's Ragiden has been the only negative so far.
But the makeup challenge was absolutely hilarious.

Sonata

It’s cool seeing multiple generations of skaters / coaches / choreographers from different disciplines involved.

I did not like the Ragudin program originally but I found the choice of Bezic being surprised by his appearance touching and I even had a bit of nostalgia. Kurt Browning has done a bunch of interviews in isolation already so I felt okay with something different.

Shae-Lynn being teary makes me teary.

This is well organized, there’s clearly some thought put into the framing of each interview.

chewy

Kaitlyn is such a natural. Back when doing competition interviews she was so tightly media trained none of her generous and joyful personality really showed. Our first glimpse was on Battle of the Blades and today she is so fantastic! Get her a big huge TV contract!

I'm watching, and Kaitlyn is such a natural. Anyone know if she's planning on getting into broadcasting? She has a good voice for it, interacts well with the guests, is completely natural, and is just genuinely pleasant. Also, the design a costume challenge was hilarious.

/snip

Sonata

It’s interesting seeing how long some of their ties date back to.

Watching this, I think Kaitlyn Weaver is off to great things. She will be good on tv but looks like she has interest in organizing and leadership. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on the business side of things, and not limited to skating.

shutterbug

My a$$ is sore and my heart is bursting. That was incredible. :cheer: Very happy that I wasn't wearing any makeup because it would have been washed away by all the tears shed. Kaitlyn and Jordan should be so proud of themselves. Over $34,000.00 raised as of the last time I checked. Amazing!

screech

My a$$ is sore and my heart is bursting. That was incredible. :cheer: Very happy that I wasn't wearing any makeup because it would have been washed away by all the tears shed. Kaitlyn and Jordan should be so proud of themselves. Over $34,000.00 raised as of the last time I checked. Amazing!
I was expecting to turn it on just to check it out. I was absolutely NOT expecting to spend 4 hours watching. Huge testament to all the work Kaitlyn and Jordan put in, and how wonderful Kaitlyn was in her role. This was incredibly impressive and so well put together.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
It was an incredible show of the "skating family" being genuine, supportive, evocative, funny, and just plain real for a good cause. My congratulations to Kaitlyn, to Jordan, and to all those involved in putting this together and my thanks to the FSU for streaming it on their channel. The 4 hour video is there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MnuIjMM5I

Bigbird

It was really sweet to see all the new moms together Elena, Aljiona and Meghan. They have such different and distinct personalities. Kaitlyn and Jordan's organization of the show was just top class and I look forward to them doing more great things together.
Honorable mention to all the dads for doing good jobs with the babies.

Bookseller

I was sorry not to see Charlie and Tanith's little guy, but I'm sure they were grateful for the break. It was a very special 4+ hours and the total is now over $38,000. Kaitlyn and Jordan should be very proud of what they put together. There were so many favorite moments, but the makeup challenge was hysterical, the Battle of the Brians was brilliant, and the genuine kindness, caring, and love that everyone showed in this event was amazing. It was like being with all of them, no standard media responses, just talking and listening among friends. I was so happy to get to know Kaitlyn through this. What a terrific person she is! Of all the sports, the skating community is really unique!

Cherub721

YEAH!
This was great. It must have been so challenging to time everything right, but they kept it moving at a good pace. Loved Gabby's song!

I hope they do another one and my top picks would be Grishuk and Bonaly to be interviewed. :) And maybe they could have someone like @Eislauffan help, to interpret interviews with some Russian or Chinese skaters who may not speak English? :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I've been watching a bit each night for the past 3 nights. Only about 20 minutes to go. It's worth it to see the skaters, but really worth seeing the challenges. The makeup challenge :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The whole thing - brilliantly put together. Kudos to Jordan, and especially kudos to Kaitlyn.

sap5

Has OpenIce said what they did with the money they have already collected? I'd like to know about more the organization, their overhead costs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information