Watch Party Saturday (28/03/20) - 2018 Worlds

meggonzo

Banned Member
Where the heck are we supposed to be? Every time I try to get the stream going on my phone, there's some bozo with a microphone yelling at the crowd. I can't seem to forward past him.
You probably came in during the ice make. They didn't edit any of the breaks out of the stream.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
This announcer and her pronunciations. How hard is it to say "Gabrielle"?

Wyliefan

Man, Satoko fought like a tiger through that whole skate and then just ran out of gas. (Pardon the mixed metaphors.) I had forgotten what a tough time she had here.

Wyliefan

I'll never forget the shock wave that went through FSU with that skate from Alina.

Colonel Green

I'll never forget the shock wave that went through FSU with that skate from Alina.
In retrospect one remembers that she wasn’t foot-perfect in the first part of the season, but the last several competitions had made her seem invincible.

Wyliefan

Happy Kaetlyn! :) I'm so glad her career went out on such a high note.

Has there EVER been so much movement in a final flight? I think only Satoko kept her placement from the short.

Wyliefan

Kaetlyn and Satoko on the same Worlds podium. I was over the moon. :swoon:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Ah yes, I forgot...the year of horrible slow-mixes, tassels, and a lot of yellow for some reason.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Chantelle and Andrew's first time at Worlds. What memory! I think he was still in freestyle boots and blades at this point.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
This was the original schedule I posted on FB.
The 3rd group came onto the ice at 13:30 French time, so 1h10 mins behind French time.

91961448_10156639690041739_5479251596695044096_n.jpg

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
RIP Chris, I loved that program, she was great in this. So strange to watch it now.

cocotaffy

The good old days when H/D had programs that suited them perfectly.
Was just thinking the same. Even their skating, it looks much lighter yet powerful here. Now it's more power power power without lightness. They need to find that groove again.

heartyxo

I never found the latin dances the most interesting. I've preferred many of the other SD/RD themes.

Shoutout to C/B's curve lift though, even though she needed ankle surgery because of it.

cocotaffy

I never found the latin dances the most interesting. I've preferred many of the other SD/RD themes.

Shoutout to C/B's curve lift though, even though she needed ankle surgery because of it.
Really ? I didn't know that.

Wyliefan

Holy cow, Fear/Gibson didn't even qualify for the free. What a difference a couple of years makes.

Colonel Green

Not that I wasn’t happy to have Kaitlyn and Andrew do another (half-)season after this, but in retrospect Milan feels like it might have been a more natural stopping point for them.

The rhumba short dances were better than I remembered. Two years of Latin rhythms in a row and how exhausting the tangos became maybe obscured that in my memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information