FSU Watch Party Saturday (28/03/20) - 2013 Worlds Ladies SP [12:30pm CDT/6:30pm CET]

Colonel Green

Since we don't have Montreal Worlds this year (or at least this month, we'll see what insanity the ISU may attempt in the fall), instead let's look back to the last time Worlds was held in Canada: 2013, when the world's finest traveled to London. Assembled, a cross-section of the current best, a few stars who would burn very brightly in the next few years, and some other OES. We'll be covering the people who placed in the top twelve plus a few other FSU favourites. See Yuna's return! See Kaetlyn and Gracie's Worlds debuts! See Perkova's last stand!

Group 1
Brooklee HAN AUS

Group 2
Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN

Group 3
KIM Yuna KOR

Group 4
Gracie GOLD USA [+ hilarious Japanese intro]

Group 5
Akiko SUZUKI JPN
Valentina MARCHEI ITA
Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS
LI Zijun CHN

Group 6
Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
Ashley WAGNER USA
Maé Bérénice MEITE FRA
Mao ASADA JPN
Carolina KOSTNER ITA
Alena LEONOVA RUS

Colonel Green

Low tech, but a very nice Worlds debut for Brooklee, with lots of choreo that she looked confident in.

Colonel Green

:encore:

What a wonderful way to make a World debut that was! There wouldn’t be anything quite as good for her at Worlds until 2017, but those would be problems for another day.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Osmond was really sensational. I don't remember where she ended up, but that should easily be in the final group.

Who's ****ing with the controls? :lol:

Colonel Green

I don’t know why that video started skipping suddenly.

Anyway: Lord of the Rinks: Return of the Queen!

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I remember someone writing a really long post on FSU about how this program captured the essence of campy horror movies, making it a subversive classic.

Which is basically an indirect way of saying I never liked Yuna or understood her obsessive fans.

Osmond was much more interesting even though that is not one of her better SPs, IMO.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm not on the Watch Together thing -- I have no faith in my ability to make it work -- but I'm watching on YouTube. Such fun to see little Kaetlyn at her first Worlds! She rocked it!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
@Colonel Green if you click the settings icon, you have the ability to block other users from advancing the video or selecting other videos. I think that's why the video keeps jumping around :)

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I admit I was amused when Chris and Simon were predicted a score around 78, and she didn't even crack 70. :lol: I was never much of a Yuna fan, but that was generic to the max.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Was that Miss Karne trying to see how the 3-3 combo was underrotated from as many angles as possible and kept rewinding it??????

I wish there was a skater today who could sell footwork like Suzuki could, but her tech content leaves something to be desired.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I loved Akiko. First Japanese lady I ever ubered.

ETA: No, second. Yukina Ota was first. But she was here and gone so fast, sometimes I forget. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information