#TeamTrainwreck 21: Ride until the fantasy ends!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It's simple really (apart from having the @Jeschke stamp of approval), a skater or team has to inspire the slow rise to your feet as their program goes on ending with either a sigh or the Rukavicin pose at the end of Dima's European FS. But, more importantly, you have to believe that this skate will be the one! It's the difference between Camron P and Andrew T. Or even Brezina. If you know it's going to end with a sigh, they aren't #TTW worthy. But, if there is that chance that this time you'll end on your feet with your arms raised over your head in triumph, they are.

S

SmallFairy

It's simple really (apart from having the @Jeschke stamp of approval), a skater or team has to inspire the slow rise to your feet as their program goes on ending with either a sigh or the Rukavicin pose at the end of Dima's European FS. But, more importantly, you have to believe that this skate will be the one! It's the difference between Camron P and Andrew T. Or even Brezina. If you know it's going to end with a sigh, they aren't #TTW worthy. But, if there is that chance that this time you'll end on your feet with your arms raised over your head in triumph, they are.
This is what happens to me when Cutie Austrians skate.... And at Euros SP I was on my feet fist pumping...and after the FS I was :wuzrobbed And after the good SP, I was so sure that FS was going to be THE ONE!!!

Dobre

Johnny about Camden: He has everything.

Me: Oh, Johnny, there is so much heartbreak in store for you.

I really like Camden. He has so many beautiful qualities: musicality, personality, glide, smooth entrances & exits from high triple axels. Then when the wheels come off, there's no lutz, no combo, no rotations, even the spins go to pot. And somehow there's nothing--or nothing to give points for.

But, hey! He learned a quad toe!:cheer2:

Torgashev has way too much Jeremy Abbott in him for me. If Andrew ever finally puts together two clean programs--which I have yet to see & I've been seeing him skate since he finished 10th & 2nd in the two halves of 2014 novice Nationals, then I will probably just be annoyed thinking how USFS is going to send him to a super important competition & it is 100% likely he will go bomb & leave us praying someone else will get the job done. (Though, by golly, he has every opportunity to prove me wrong at Junior Worlds this year. This, not the SP at senior Nationals, is where I would like to see it. An event where the expectations and pressure are on him to deliver).

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Dear train riders,
I want to remind everyone, that we are not in desperate need of getting a longer member list!
We are E-L-I-T-E! I know it sucks for pairs and even more for dance but that does not mean we have to go down the list to #58274589 to finally get someone in!
(actually I think in pairs we have 3-4 coming up/close, in dance, well we'll always have Khuda)

As we all know, there is intruder-status in #ttw.
Everyone has him/her very own fav's (incl heartbreak)
Bossman has Samarin, @Laney has junior, @SmallFairy has Hase/Seegert. No one cares about medals, massive (overall) heartbreak or real champion potential.
I know it's hard to follow the footsteps of intruder-legends like Freed, Weinzierl, 1930's or Queen U!
But that doesn't mean you don't have to try! Most of the intruders we are cheering with the same energy, though knowing they don't really belong in here.

Seriously, there are too many exceptions to the rules on this train for my tired brain to keep straight.

Watchlist?
We know you had some rough time latey, but I am sorry, watchlist is as archaic as Susi now :drama:

Oh, now that’s hitting below the belt. She’s just vintage. And that makes her even more rare and valuable.
I only said watchlist because I figured it was a friendlier way of introducing the concept to you :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The curse wasn't bad today. NotPolina fought to hold onto the throw jumps and she doubled the 3T, but she's fighting tears in the KnC again and there is zero connection between them. I think we've seen the last of them. :wuzrobbed Neither of them are happy. He's now on my major jerk list.

Amy L

She was borderline hysterical in the kiss and cry even though they were much improved from yesterday. Basil the Great didn't look like he had any idea what to do with her, and Dmitri was apoplectic. He is aging out and she is clearly not ready for seniors. They would be on dangerous ground only on that level even if they did get along.

Why do the skategods hate all Polinas????

mjb52

This is the tough side of all the great streaming access we have to competitions now. It’s great that it increases the sport’s exposure but it is tough on our emotions, because people can get a bit invested in so many teams that in the nineties even all but the most hardcore fans would never have known existed but realistically most of them are not going to be able to make it to the top. On the other hand it’s cool that even skaters who will never necessarily even come close to making it to worlds will have an opportunity for their programs to be seen and appreciated. (This isn’t a judgment on K/I’s competitive future just a general thought!)

Amy L

This is the tough side of all the great streaming access we have to competitions now. It’s great that it increases the sport’s exposure but it is tough on our emotions, because people can get a bit invested in so many teams that in the nineties even all but the most hardcore fans would never have known existed but realistically most of them are not going to be able to make it to the top.

True. But the pair we are currently talking about has won multitudes of medals at the JGP and Junior Worlds. We would have seen them in the nineties, but without being able to stream Russian competitions, we would have never heard about what happened there. When Junior Worlds came around again, we'd be wondering whatever happened to that feisty blonde girl who likes to wear catsuits (not that she would have been allowed to wear them in the 90s but you get the point)

Whatever is going on with them is a tale as old as time, successful in Juniors doesn't mean a lot when they start to transition to Seniors. It's double when it's pairs. So many of them don't stay together - - they don't grow at the same rate after all - - but even if they do, it doesn't mean that they can make it in seniors. We're being spoiled at the moment. PavKhod, BoiKoz, MishGal all made it big in seniors immediately, but that's usually not the case.

I'm still not over Yulia Obertas's career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information