BUZZFEED QUIZ: If You Score 6/10 On This Trivia Quiz, You’re A Figure Skating Expert!

meggonzo

Banned Member
I got this question wrong: Which jump takes off from a backwards outside edge?
I answered loop instead of lutz. Since they both take off from a back outside edge, loop seems more correct since there's no mention of a toepick in the question.

skateboy

I got 7. Missed the ones about the oldest winter Olympic sport (I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's figure skating), that USA has the highest Olympic medal count (I thought Russia), and the 12 second combination dance lift (I guessed 10 seconds).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I got all of those wrong to and had the same wrong answers! Plus what Olympics was the first for the team event. I block most of the stuff about the team event out of my mind as much as possible. :lol:

VGThuy

Maybe it would have been Russia if we counted the Soviet Union or maybe they did.

mjb52

Maybe it would have been Russia if we counted the Soviet Union or maybe they did.

I was wondering about that too, but at the same time the Soviet Union got off to a later start in the sport than the US and the US may have balanced the Soviet pairs and dance dominance with singles dominance, especially since dance only reached the Olympics in 1976 or so and the US has been so strong in it recently as well. I did guess the US for those reasons.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I assumed figure skating was the oldest winter Olympics sport since it was first included in the summer Olympics.

C

casken

The "Who caused the 2002 Pairs scandal" question, with the answer being "The French Judge", is a pretty condensed take of what happened.

ilovepaydays

8/10

Missed:
Oldest sport (thought it would have been ice hockey or alpine skiing)
Combination dance lift (thought it was 10 seconds)

Kateri

void beast
7/10.
Missed oldest sport
First 3A in competition. Misremembered Tonya being post Ito.
And medal count(also curious if USSR was separated out)
I got 8, like you I missed oldest sport and medal count. Yeah, if USSR and Russia didn't count together, that would explain my surprise at America having more!

dinakt

I got 7. Missed the ones about the oldest winter Olympic sport (I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's figure skating), that USA has the highest Olympic medal count (I thought Russia), and the 12 second combination dance lift (I guessed 10 seconds).
Those were exactly my mistakes and answers😁 USA over Russia in medal count, unexpected!
So, also 7/10

Spiralgraph

I got 7/10 I got the question about the team event wrong only because I accidentally chose 2010 when I knew it was 2014. The dance lift question I got wrong too. Oh well I got all the "history" questions right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information