Project Runway 18

skatemomaz

Resist
Am I the last one watching? :slinkaway
I'm watching. I thought Marquise was genius in how he blended the prints on that blouse. I didn't much care for the skort, but overall a well deserved win. Delvin's bird print dress was gorgeous, he has some serious tailoring skills, but yeah not as street as the winning design.

I was completely WTF over the judges drooling over Victoria's design, I was sure she would land in the bottom. It just looked bad from every angle.

Tyler's look was boring, and if Geoffrey had just left the weird bands of fabric off the top, he probably would have been in the safe group. It was pretty obvious Veronica was going, she was getting the loser's edit and seriously who the hell wants to wear a big old pair of faded animal print bloomers in public?

Christian continues to delight me with his witty and insightful comments.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I'm watching. I thought Marquise was genius in how he blended the prints on that blouse. I didn't much care for the skort, but overall a well deserved win. Delvin's bird print dress was gorgeous, he has some serious tailoring skills, but yeah not as street as the winning design.

I was completely WTF over the judges drooling over Victoria's design, I was sure she would land in the bottom. It just looked bad from every angle.

Tyler's look was boring, and if Geoffrey had just left the weird bands of fabric off the top, he probably would have been in the safe group. It was pretty obvious Veronica was going, she was getting the loser's edit and seriously who the hell wants to wear a big old pair of faded animal print bloomers in public?

Christian continues to delight me with his witty and insightful comments.

Victoria is competing for the Eurotrash award, seriously. I wanted Devlin’s dress and not Marquise’ skort look but then I’m not street :rofl:

I can’t remember her name but the older woman who did the scratched cat jacket was really creative, that would have been in my top three.

nylynnr

I think the designer who didn't use an animal print -- forget the name -- should have been called out. And I think Geoffrey was only saved because his first design (the jumpsuit) was so good.

skatemomaz

Resist
I think the designer who didn't use an animal print -- forget the name -- should have been called out. And I think Geoffrey was only saved because his first design (the jumpsuit) was so good.
I think Geoffrey was saved because Veronica's was so bad.

Rob

Beach Bum
I’m watching. Loved the green parrot dress. I was certain Victoria was on the bottom, can’t believe that was in the top. I also would have had the cat scratch jacket, I liked that.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Catching up. “Not even with dinner with the Kushners?” Yikes.

Tyler’s outfit wasn’t great but it wasn’t the worst. If it hadn’t been for the Kushner comment, he might not have been eliminated.

Rob

Beach Bum
He was in the bottom 3 times so he was an easy pick - Marquise had a win and Shavi had a top with no apparent attitude problems so I think they get one bye, but they need to pick it up from here on.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Nancy wuzrobbed again. And Sergio should have gone home.

I just can't with Sergio. Some of his early looks were fine, but the sheer arrogance is enough for me to want him to go. He's awful. His disregard for Christian is :eek: :eek:

Speaking of Christian - he is such a delight. I want him to be my best friend.
I'd also like to rewatch his season of Project Runway because I have no memory of it at all.

toddlj

I just can't with Sergio. Some of his early looks were fine, but the sheer arrogance is enough for me to want him to go. He's awful.
Agreed. Why does anyone even go on a show like this, where they know they'll be dealing with judging and mentors and the like, if they think that nothing they do should/can be criticized?

Moto Guzzi

I thought Sergio would finally be sent home but no such luck. His last few outfits were not anywhere near as great as he seems to think they were. I didn't like any of the bottom three outfits but would have booted Sergio because his designs are consistently uglier than those made by the other two and he's so arrogant.

Nancy is my favorite.

skatemomaz

Resist
Agree Nancy once again wuzrobbed. I think Chelsey's winning look was adorable and the deserved winner. I do not at all understand the Victoria love. She has pretty much sent the same silhouette down the runway for each challenge. The latest look wasn't the same, but damn it was fugly.

I was sorry to see Shavi go, but that dress was a hot mess. As soon as he said he was using muslin to line it, I knew he was a goner. He should have just let the fabric drape and if it was a bit sheer, he probably could have gotten by because he generally has good construction skills.

Sergio's arrogance is ridiculous because I don't see his skills as much better than several other designers. He's definitely no Sebastian or for that matter Christian Siriano as much as he likes to think he is better.

Speaking of Christian, I think he is exactly what PR needed to breath fresh air and wit into the show. I love his criticisms and commentary.

Rob

Beach Bum
Nancy wuzrobbed again. And Sergio should have gone home.
Agree I’d have had Nancy, Brittany, or Marquise in the top 3 with Chelsey. I didn’t like Viktorias and I thought the proportion of the skirt was off in Dayoungs although I loved the jacket.

sk9tingfan

I thought Sergio would finally be sent home but no such luck. His last few outfits were not anywhere near as great as he seems to think they were. I didn't like any of the bottom three outfits but would have booted Sergio because his designs are consistently uglier than those made by the other two and he's so arrogant.

Nancy is my favorite.

I thought that his tears were crocodilian in nature, Call me a cynic.

peibeck

Simply looking
This new season is better than the last, which I gave up on. I don't find Christian that much of a mentor. He's fine, but not in a Tim Gunn kind of way.

I agree Victoria's designs have all been soooo similar, which I wouldn't mind so much, but unless a woman is like a size 0-4, who could wear them???

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I agree Victoria's designs have all been soooo similar, which I wouldn't mind so much, but unless a woman is like a size 0-4, who could wear them???
I’d love to see a challenge where they have to produce the design in two sizes. They have enough size 10+ models to do it fairly soon. (And it would tell us a lot about the designers!)

sk9tingfan

This new season is better than the last, which I gave up on. I don't find Christian that much of a mentor. He's fine, but not in a Tim Gunn kind of way.

Supposedly, he and Heidi have a TV project in the works. I miss him. And here it is.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Wow, the Amazon series is a bit later to premiere than I expected. It was first rumored when Magical Elves got the PR rights back from Weinstein.

Rob

Beach Bum
I feel like i have a good idea what the collections of all the designers would look like except Delvin. He’s very talented, but I don’t know his point of view other than “couture”. Victoria’s is very clear, I know exactly what her collection would be. The rest produce garments that I can identify as theirs So I see a cohesion. Not sure I care to see Sergio‘s collection though.

agalisgv

The judges are on crack if they think Marquis’ dress wasn’t a hot mess.

Christian’s advice screwed up Chelsey and Victoria—they should have just gone with what they sketched. There wasn’t enough time to completely switch gears like that.

Moto Guzzi

Sergio finally made something I actually liked, but Nancy's was my favorite. Victoria's was my least favorite. I wish she would try something new rather than doing variations on the same things she's always done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information