Boikova-Kozlovski Cheer thread

Ka3sha

Congratulations on their second GP win, new personal bests and qualifying to GPF with 30 points :cheer2:

These two are quite something. Yes, they have great technique and super solid elements, but they also have something even more important and rare - IT-factor and special connection with the audience. How many teams at the age of 17 and 19 can absolutely steal the show and make the whole arena stand up from their seats and give a standing ovation?

They just radiate confidence, joy and desire to win. This is something you can’t buy or work on - either you have it or not.

Sorry , I just can’t stop gushing over them and Moskvina :lol:
Hope they continue progressing and will become only better and better

Last edited:

Marta24

I am so happy for them! You always could see the talent even back when they were juniors and to see how they are slowly fulfilling their potential is just amazing. They are already so good with 17 and 19, it`s so exciting to think how far they can go. I agree with others saying that they have the IT factor. They have this special connection between them and with the audience, which is so hard to find in pairs. :swoon:

NAOTMAA

The free skate keeps getting better and better with every performance. There was more conviction and character then in any of their previous skates. Their confidence is soaring and you can see it all over their faces which is exciting. Now on to the GPF! :cool:

NAOTMAA

Moskvina in the K&C: “Pity it’s not the Olympics, but it’s okey, we will wait till it. And till the Worlds”

I bet she's already got all the music for the season picked out and the dates circled on her calendar. Everything's all planned and ready :D

And its certainly no accident she just throws it out there after the way they skated where everyone in Russia is watching. A clear message to their fellow competitors and the federation :respec:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I'm thrilled for them. They are gorgeous. :love:

Still lowballed on PCS. :rolleyes: And yes, I'm complaining. :p :saint:

Boi/Koz were given better PCS at Rostelecom Cup, which seems fairer in the sense that they still have room to grow. Mid-to-high 8s in the sp, and low 9s range in fp is reasonable right now, more-so than what B/K were given at SC where they actually skated slightly better, especially in the sp. They were good at home too, but I think Dmitrii was feeling some soreness in his side where he fell in the sp warm-up. He looked strange in the air on the combo jumps, but managed to land them still. :) Why go crazy with the PCS scoring at this stage? Of course, Boi/Koz were low-balled a bit on PCS in Canada (low 8s in the sp; mid-range 8s in fp) seemingly due to SC politicking to give M-T/M an opportunity to possibly nab gold, tho' it didn't happen.

Moskvina is smart -- she gave this promising young team, Boi/Koz, nice vehicles and choreo within their wheelhouse this season, with which they can comfortably shine at this stage of their development. Plus, they seem much calmer and more confident, knowing they have a legend on their side, guiding them. The music works in a recognizable and lovely way, and they can build further from here. Steady as they go, and enjoy the journey! :encore:

Last edited:

supersloane

Sorry , I just can’t stop gushing over them and Moskvina :lol:
Hope they continue progressing and will become only better and better

SAME. Ah Moskvina has given us some of the finest pairs of all time. To think that B/K are so young, I'm so hopeful in the next couple of years to see them progress.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Cheers to B/K and to their coach! Looking forward to many new “Moskvina Minute” segments on TV!!! Remember those during Olympic Ice? And the time in Vancouver when she did hand presses on Scott and Kristi’s desk. 😂

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Cheers to B/K and to their coach! Looking forward to many new “Moskvina Minute” segments on TV!!! Remember those during Olympic Ice? And the time in Vancouver when she did hand presses on Scott and Kristi’s desk. 😂
Best show ever! Absolutely loved it. Anyone remember Moskvina getting up on the ESPN (I think) News Desk and demonstrating a perfect plank........with feet off the floor!

Frau Muller

Best show ever! Absolutely loved it. Anyone remember Moskvina getting up on the ESPN (I think) News Desk and demonstrating a perfect plank........with feet off the floor!

We’re talking about the same incident. That was the Vancouver version of Olympic Ice, done in a studio...Scott and Kristi hosted. Moskvina hopped on the desk and demonstrated. She looks like she may still be able to do that.

Amantide

Boi/Koz were given better PCS at Rostelecom Cup, which seems fairer in the sense that they still have room to grow. Mid-to-high 8s in the sp, and low 9s range in fp is reasonable right now, more-so than what B/K were given at SC where they actually skated slightly better, especially in the sp. They were good at home too, but I think Dmitrii was feeling some soreness in his side where he fell in the sp warm-up. He looked strange in the air on the combo jumps, but managed to land them still. :) Why go crazy with the PCS scoring at this stage?

I agree they received better PCS here than in Canada, for reasons we know. Truth be told, I am fine with the PCS per se. It's when I compare their performance with some others, who are overscored, that I have an issue with. Anyway, I'll take slow and steady anytime. (y)

Sylvia

TBD
BIG thanks to @Ka3sha for translating this B/K interview in GSD :):

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Frau Muller

Oh - thank you, thank you, thank you!. Now I an find a Video. And I loved OI.

mollymgr

I was watching Rostelecom and I'm so impressed with this team. They skate with so much attack. I love their free skate.

careypricefan

Boi/Koz were given better PCS at Rostelecom Cup, which seems fairer in the sense that they still have room to grow. Mid-to-high 8s in the sp, and low 9s range in fp is reasonable right now, more-so than what B/K were given at SC where they actually skated slightly better, especially in the sp. They were good at home too, but I think Dmitrii was feeling some soreness in his side where he fell in the sp warm-up. He looked strange in the air on the combo jumps, but managed to land them still. :) Why go crazy with the PCS scoring at this stage? Of course, Boi/Koz were low-balled a bit on PCS in Canada (low 8s in the sp; mid-range 8s in fp) seemingly due to SC politicking to give M-T/M an opportunity to possibly nab gold, tho' it didn't happen.

Moskvina is smart -- she gave this promising young team, Boi/Koz, nice vehicles and choreo within their wheelhouse this season, with which they can comfortably shine at this stage of their development. Plus, they seem much calmer and more confident, knowing they have a legend on their side, guiding them. The music works in a recognizable and lovely way, and they can build further from here. Steady as they go, and enjoy the journey! :encore:

I agree. It is better for the sake of their development not to get too high of PCS at this point anyway.

I think they are firmly establishing themselves as the new Russian #1s though, bumping out Tarasova & Morozov. I think by seasons end it will be pretty much confirmed.

NAOTMAA

Even if they got perfect PCS marks I seriously doubt they would ever start resting on their laurels and stop developing. Reading their interviews they come across as very self critical and always looking for something to improve and do better in. They don't look like people who see a ceiling when they look up.

Also they would have to fire Tamara Moskvina. She's the last coach who would stop her skaters development when the top is reached. In fact looking at her past teams once they do reach the top she start's pushing them to do more. And she herself opens up and experiments more. The programs become more complex and interesting.

So I wouldn't worry about this team stalling in development because of early success.

careypricefan

Even if they got perfect PCS marks I seriously doubt they would ever start resting on their laurels and stop developing. Reading their interviews they come across as very self critical and always looking for something to improve and do better in. They don't look like people who see a ceiling when they look up.

Also they would have to fire Tamara Moskvina. She's the last coach who would stop her skaters development when the top is reached. In fact looking at her past teams once they do reach the top she start's pushing them to do more. And she herself opens up and experiments more. The programs become more complex and interesting.

So I wouldn't worry about this team stalling in development because of early success.

I agree, but I still think it is almost optimal the PCS not be raised too fast, so I am happy with where their PCS is now. I think their development rate, their learning curve, everything we have seen from them since Skate Canada last year, is incredibly on point. And they are being guided by an absolute legend of pairs skating.

Perky Shae Lynn

I am fine with the PCS - they still skate like juniors in some ways. There is a lot of work left to do. I am not comparing them to other pairs. I am thinking of what these kids can become in the next couple of years and beyond. There are very special.

Frau Muller

B/K could beat S/H as early as Worlds 2020. Chinese are certainly more sophisticated but this is not a sophistication competition.

Ka3sha

I am also fine with their PCS, they are still lacking some polish and speed from time to time.

But the most important thing here is that they know and clearly understand that they have to work on many things in the future, including improving skating skills and connection on the ice. And with Tamara being their coach, I don’t doubt that they will do it.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I agree. It is better for the sake of their development not to get too high of PCS at this point anyway.

I think they are firmly establishing themselves as the new Russian #1s though, bumping out Tarasova & Morozov. I think by seasons end it will be pretty much confirmed.

Yes, I think so too. Though I think Beijing 2022 gold is being written in stone for Sui/Han unless Sui's injury holds them back. The French, and other Russian teams along with B/K, the Canadians and some U.S. teams will also be in the hunt for the podium, along with two additional Chinese teams. However, at this juncture, it looks like the French, Russians and additional Chinese teams will be the strongest contenders.

Ka3sha

Channel 1 interview with Aleksandra and Dmitrii (10 minutes long)

Sylvia

TBD
Currently 2nd (80.39) after the SP at Russian Nationals (Russian broadcast video):

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
B/K could beat S/H as early as Worlds 2020. Chinese are certainly more sophisticated but this is not a sophistication competition.

Only if S&H make major mistakes and B&K skate their best. Right now B&K are still a WIP. It took S&H many years to get to where they are now.

rupertsurvive

Banned Member
Only if S&H make major mistakes and B&K skate their best. Right now B&K are still a WIP. It took S&H many years to get to where they are now.

I agree but Sui & Han are an extremely inconsistent pair. So that isn't that far fetched. I think Tarasova & Morozov are probably a bigger threat to Sui & Han if they skate their best than B&K are, but they are even more inconsistent than Sui & Han are.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I agree but Sui & Han are an extremely inconsistent pair. So that isn't that far fetched. I think Tarasova & Morozov are probably a bigger threat to Sui & Han if they skate their best than B&K are, but they are even more inconsistent than Sui & Han are.

Sorry but I don’t feel that S&H are inconsistent in competitions. An occasional mistake is not uncommon for top skaters. The health is another story. Too many injuries but they always deliver in big competitions and the judges respect them. Right now they seem to be unbeatable in the sense that as long as they skate nearly clean, they cannot be beaten.

I would love to see T&M beat them at worlds but T&M have struggled a lot, and we don’t really know how they will do. I loved their SP at their nationals. I am hoping for an equally good free skate.

rupertsurvive

Banned Member
Sorry but I don’t feel that S&H are inconsistent in competitions. An occasional mistake is not uncommon for top skaters. The health is another story. Too many injuries but they always deliver in big competitions and the judges respect them. Right now they seem to be unbeatable in the sense that as long as they skate nearly clean, they cannot be beaten.

I would love to see T&M beat them at worlds but T&M have struggled a lot, and we don’t really know how they will do. I loved their SP at their nationals. I am hoping for an equally good free skate.

Sui & Han make more than the occasional mistake IMO. They were set to win the 2016 worlds but bombed their free skate pretty badly. They made mistakes at the 2017 worlds too but lucky for them their main competitors were either hurt or made more, and so won anyway. At the 2018 Olympics they had the gold secured with a clean skate due to Savchenko & Massot's SP miscue but not only had a major error on one major element which is understandable but a 2nd silly mistake (him singling a double toe) which was the difference since they lost by less than a point. Many of their Four Continents and Grand Prix skates are flawed, especialy last years Four Continents were they made a bunch of mistakes and barely beat Moore Towers & Moscovitch. And their LP at this years GP final was pretty bad for them too, but fortunately they had a huge buffer from the short program tow in. I don't find them a very consistent pair.

I agree on T&M. I hope they have a great LP here and can carry that confidence into worlds. I hope B&K also have a very good one, even if they don't win, as they need it after what happened at the GPF for their own confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information