Dancing with the Stars Season 28

Desperado

I enjoyed Hannah's tango. I liked Kel’s waltz and loved their outfits. Then again, I am big Whitney fan.

Wasn’t into either of James’ dances, the group dance one seemed particularly awkward. I enjoyed Ally’s second dance but I agree that her jacket was very distracting.

Lauren should be the next to go. Her rumba made it look like her partner was just moving her around with very little dancing on her part.

BaileyCatts

Finally. Sucks for Sailor, Karamo and Kate though since they should have lasted longer.

Since, as far as I know, ABC has never released the exact details of how the votes are balanced between judges and viewers (just a 'combined vote'), the cynic in me says I wonder if they said 'hey, lets make it 75% judges scores and 25% viewer votes' just to make sure Sean was in the bottom 2. :rofl: :rofl: Wouldn't care, just glad he's gone.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They said last night that the judges' scores count for 50%. Because it's considered a game show, they can't say that if it's not true or they get in trouble with the FCC and would have to pay fines.

I think Sean is gone because the people who vote more based on the dancing and/or are voting for anyone but him for other reason have fewer choices. So their "not Sean" votes finally outweighed the "Sean" votes. Up until now, they've been split across too many contestants.

love skating

Clueless American
I was surprised that Lauren was in the bottom with Spicer. She should be at the bottom but I thought the same fan base that voted Bobby to win would be behind her as well. Glad to see her in the bottom 2. I also think that the all 10s for Ally was the judges trying to keep her out of the bottom again. I thought and hoped we'd get Spicer in the bottom 2 this week. I think the biggest reason was having two fully scored dances which made the scoring gap between him and the others larger plus an added fourth judge only made that score gap even bigger. And of course fewer couples to vote for helped as well. Just a big sigh of relief that he's out. I enjoy James the most. I know the Bachelor voters are strong though and would not be surprised to see Hannah win. I guess they are the only two now who have not been in the bottom.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I want Hannah gone. She annoys the crap out of me.

Me too. Alaina does as well.

The choreography of James' 1st dance Monday night was fabulous. I kept trying to watch him but my eyes kept going to Emma. I don't think I've ever seen her dance better.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m guessing it’s Lauren out next week. If James doesn’t take the mirror ball, I’ll be miffed.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I’m guessing it’s Lauren out next week. If James doesn’t take the mirror ball, I’ll be miffed.
I would have said that but I feel like he's come in at a high level , improved a bit, but then stopped making noticeable improvements. That means someone else who is continuing to improve might surpass him. If that happens, I won't be miffed.

screech

Wow, I've been upset at DWTS eliminations before, but I don't think one has ever made me tear up. James really surprised me with how wonderful a dancer he is, and I'm sure he's got some mixed emotions right now, between wanting to keep dancing, and wanting to be with his family. I don't think I've ever seen Emma more heartbroken. And despite how fake I think Ally sometimes comes across, I actually think that she was pretty genuine in her heartbreak at him being eliminated too. I don't think anyone has ever asked to give up their spot for someone else before, especially within seconds of being declared safe.

annie720

This may be the last dwts episode I ever watch. Cannot stand either one of the final female contestants. James has been marked down all season, probably to assure a win for ABCs Bachelor. Kel, I hope you win, but I'm not watching.

Last edited:

jkl

I was so surprised the judges didn’t save James! I was wondering if he wanted to go home to be with his wife and the judges knew that.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I was so surprised the judges didn’t save James! I was wondering if he wanted to go home to be with his wife and the judges knew that.
He looked shocked, I get he is an actor but it looked real. I think the judges wanted him to go home and be with his wife but sometimes during tragedy a family needs something to distract, even if for just a short period. The judges voted based on what they felt was right not based on dancing. Very disappointed.

Reactions: jkl

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am so tired of people dancing/skating/singing to Hozier's Take me to Church when they have no idea what the song is about.

I figured Lauren would pick up the Spicy vote so not surprised she was safe. I can't figure out how Hannah keeps managing to get through. She's the most annoying Bachelorette ever. And generally very vapid.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Why is Lauren still there? She's as annoying and fake as Hannah. They both are entitled princesses & the worst dancers too. I thought James was a good dancer but he wasn't consistent. He would be wonderful one week & mediocre the next. I think the judges were right to save Ally. But I was shocked that he didn't get 10's for his 2nd dance.

Kel had me crying with his timely backstory about gun violence. It was a wonderful dance as well. And Ally's 2nd dance was almost as good as a pro could do & fun as well. I was hoping they were the final 2 but since Lauren & Hannah survived this week without even being in the bottom anything could happen.

love skating

Clueless American
So sad for James! :( I really wanted Lauren and Hannah in the bottom two. If one of them was in the bottom I'm sure the judges would have cut them instead. So Hannah is now the only one to never be in the bottom two which worries me that she might end up winning this thing. At this rate I'm rooting for Kel the most, then Ally, hopefully not Hannah and worst winner for me would be Lauren!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
James was by far the best dancer this season. Maybe even a bit of a ringer because he's clearly had a lot of dance training. But now that he is gone (BOOOO) I hope Kel wins, for the simple reason that he is not an annoying untalented whiney "this means so much to me and I worked so hard so I deserve it :drama:" princess.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I like Kel the best of the ones who are left but I find his dancing to be a bit uneven. Let's hope he knocks it out of the park next week and also has the fan base to capitalize on it!

screech

Even though in the last few weeks Ally's scores have (somehow) surpassed James', it's clear people are not voting for her, and for that reason alone, I think the judges should have saved James. Though last night (aside from the horrible thing he's going through) he and Emma didn't do themselves any favours, when Len had specifically asked for less sliding around and fewer gimmicks in his Cha Cha, but he seemed to have even more of them.

I can't figure out how Hannah keeps managing to get through. She's the most annoying Bachelorette ever. And generally very vapid.
Hanna just won a People's Choice Award for favourite Competition Contestant for her run on the Bachelorette, so it's clear people generally like her. I will say, I did like Hannah acknowledging that the judges comments can seem like personal attacks, and I agree that Carrie Ann, in particular, seemed particularly harsh with her. I also find Carrie Ann to be the least 'useful' (for lack of a better word) of the three judges, and wouldn't be opposed to her being replaced (not that it'll happen.)

I'm not cheering for anyone at this point. I find Ally very fake (and her makeup is always so distracting), I can't stand Gleb (though surprisingly I actually find Lauren charming), I have found Kel very over-scored (his tango last night to me was very 'steppy' and it seemed like he was rushing around to keep up with Whitney), and Hannah is just 'meh'.

This year only one pro (Whitney with Alfonso Ribeiro) has ever won the show, and each of the other pros has made the finals just once (Sasha with Tonya Harding, Alan with Alexis Ren, Gleb with Jana Kramer)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm not cheering for anyone at this point. I find Ally very fake (and her makeup is always so distracting), I can't stand Gleb (though surprisingly I actually find Lauren charming), I have found Kel very over-scored (his tango last night to me was very 'steppy' and it seemed like he was rushing around to keep up with Whitney), and Hannah is just 'meh'.
I have found the quality of the dancing to not be up to the other seasons I've watched. Some of the dances this week were cringeworthy and that is unusual for a semi-final.

Cupid

Does anyone else think that Erin talks down to Hannah as if she were stupid? I like how Hannah is very poised and knows how to handle Erin's comments. Personally, I think Erin feels threatened by Hannah that she may take her job. Just sayin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information