#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

Articles of Impeachment are being drafted against the bossman for his corrupt and arbitrary refusal to grant Kolyada his rightful berth on the train.

I was about to sign the petition until you mentioned Kolyada. I love him, but when all your medals are tainted with the ice of way too many ass splats you know train will never come for you.

Rest assured, I don't actually think Karly should be on the team but I couldn't resist annoying you just a little bit. :D Also, I have a weakness for alliteration. :lol:

First lets see her make the ohh so hard to achieve GBR team more than once (free tickets thanks to Jenna do not count) and then I could be truthfully annoyed :D

Colonel Green

I was about to sign the petition until you mentioned Kolyada. I love him, but when all your medals are tainted with the ice of way too many ass splats you know train will never come for you.
Au contraire, that's what makes him perfect for the Train. The only reason he's supposedly ineligible per the rules is that he's a World medalist, but ask yourself, does a World medal won at Milan Worlds really count? He did everything he could to lose that medal, it wasn't his fault that everybody else was worse!

SamuraiK

Au contraire, that's what makes him perfect for the Train. The only reason he's supposedly ineligible per the rules is that he's a World medalist, but ask yourself, does a World medal won at Milan Worlds really count? He did everything he could to lose that medal, it wasn't his fault that everybody else was worse!

Read Pressman post. That World medal is hardly his only hardware won by splatting.

Vagabond

Kolyada earned his medals before he fully developed the ability to break hearts. C'est la vie!

:violin:

S

SmallFairy

Kolyada earned his medals before he fully developed the ability to break hearts. C'est la vie!

:violin:
Well, so did La Tuk, or? She’s a World and European champion, and still eligible. I have to admit, I still can’t believe letting her into the team wasn’t an April fools joke. With her and Radio, we let so many principles go. Not that I don’t love them. I do. Especially Radio. But she’s retired (Cinema Paradiso :wuzrobbed) And LaTuk is not seriously heartbreaking these days. (Sorry if I now stepped on someone’s toes...) ( :D )

I’m ok with Perkova rule. She’s the essence of #ttw. And Misha? So is he. Come on! Is there someone more trainwrecky? Man, he’s gorgeous, he could win any time he wants, but he screws up, and our hearts are shattered. His programs and outfits are sometimes too weird, sometimes amazing. He skated to “The nightmare before Christmas😍” He’s training mate of Poster Girl/Crazy Cat Lady. All his nose surgery is too bizarre. Yes, he’s got medals, but as it was pointed out, he mostly didn’t want them. The event was just too trainwrecky. And other members have more important medals. Still they get on the team. Poor Misha. He’s the essence of all we love in here, and he’s begging for that ticket, but we keep leaving him at the platform. Or on the handcar chasing us. The poor guy must be exhausted by now, no wonder he’s got sinus problems.

Ok, we got rules, but they’ve been in place since we started this thing. There should be room for looking at what we really are about after all these threads. Nothing is carved in stone (at least not in here :lol:) I agree if you excel and skate flawless comp after comp winning important medals, you don’t belong on the team, (Except for LaTuk it seems...) , but if those medals are won by rocking and splatting, it could be a different story.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones
Misha is just totally all of this, and more.

1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level

Well, here we are lenient... (I know the Karly-talk isn’t totally serious (and she’s great, justice for Karly) but she might be allowed, since she don’t have the hardware, while others...?!? )

Rules:

3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
#teamtrainwreck thread

Pressman says: Noooooo. But what about Boss? We all know Misha is Mr.Trainwreck himself.
And I totally agree we need some new blood in here, that’s the real deal!

J

Jeschke

At one time you were done with him. One good skate and all is forgiven.
Just for the record my dear (finally I got to play @Vagabond and @RoseRed :D): Han Yan was never kicked because of any other reasons than his alleged retirement back then.
So please no #fakenews: Inside #ttw we were never done with him (not sure about pressman here though :D)

Mad for Skating

Miki would have loved that top.

And it would’ve looked hella better on her.

Because it was never in question, that if he steps a foot back on competitive ice, he will be back:
Han Yan is in! Again! :encore:

With great joy pressman handed over the golden ticket. His acceptance speech, like in good old times, was sung by Vik the Great: Part of ( y ) our world, all Han Yan ever wanted to be again.

I enjoyed his performance so much! I knew he could do it!

Articles of Impeachment are being drafted against the bossman for his corrupt and arbitrary refusal to grant Kolyada his rightful berth on the train.

We need majority vote in the House of Trainwreck Representatives and a two-thirds vote in the Trainwreck Senate. Is anyone with me?

Vagabond

Entire post
I am in awe of your post. :encore:

To address a few key points:
Well, so did La Tuk, or? She’s a World and European champion, and still eligible.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said:
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.
🤔
I have to admit, I still can’t believe letting her into the team wasn’t an April fools joke.
It was. But someone lost sight of that, and we humor him. Mostly. 🤷‍♂️

I’m ok with Perkova rule. She’s the essence of #ttw. And Misha? So is he. Come on! Is there someone more trainwrecky?
Our boy, poster boy, and poster girl. That's who! :gallopin1
Pressman says: Noooooo. But what about Boss? We all know Misha is Mr.Trainwreck himself.
Davka! That title belongs to Skates with Rorquals. 🐋 🏄‍♂️ 🐋
And I totally agree we need some new blood in here, that’s the real deal!
As I have previously explained, nominees are considered at any time unless the nominator is da pinky166 and she has made another nomination earlier in the day. Sometimes, a skater's merit first becomes apparent at an ISU Championship, and sometimes it does at an obskur Senior "B." Random, silly nominations, however, will be swatted down by da bossman, and nominations of ineligible skaters will be swiftly culled by Yours Truly. :judge:

That said, the RFSF is not helping things at the moment, especially in the Ladies discipline, where it screens out potential Team members before they can get an international Senior assignment. :wuzrobbed

J

Jeschke

GP 🇨🇳 Day 2 Highlights

Komatsubara - Stunning dress :love: (@Hanna thoughts?)
Funny note here: bf came in during their 'Lord of the dance' choreo steps and just gave me the 'What the hell' looks :rofl:

Bazin reaction to beating the RUS bondage team :respec:

S/K FD is just everything to me :love:

The angst in Kailani's steps.

Thanks LaTuk for being LaTuk again and bringing the old, way better, stuff back! :cheer:

The more I see Honda's stunning FS, the more heartbreak she is for me :drama: (nice to see Raf supportive in knc though)

Miyahara's FS, simply stunning! :swoon: Such class!
(Hamada not allowed in knc anymore? What's going on here?)

Han Yan FS is so sublime! I once need him and Honda skating a LLL exhibition together :love: Welcome back buddy!

Efimova/Korovin literally are crashing me :wuzrobbed

Last edited by a moderator:

Colonel Green

:rofl: The thumbnail the ISU chose for Liza's free skate video.

EYfDO7d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information