#TeamTrainwreck 19: The Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts with a Single Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

GP 🇫🇷 Pairs SP:

R/W - Zzzzh.
G/A - Really solid for their standards. Still boring though.
D/F - I need the 'Don Juan est mort' SP back for them! Apart from that: :cheer2:
M/G - Costume fail lv4; I approve that the RUS 'juniors' are all in big-time and don't give the 'old ones' time to breathe :respec:
K/Z - I just remain silent.
H/S - :drama: I blame Minerva's double splat on @SmallFairy 's medal expectations :drama:
P/K - The tension before the scores came up, priceless :love: One of my favourite pairs programs of the season! Stunning! Well done folks! Don't go down without a fight! 💪
C-G/LD - That splat :eek: :yikes: :eek:

Another shoutout to Seegert: 2nd supportive pairs guy today (after Briukhanov at RC)! 😍 We need more of you! :respec:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Just curious.. who is y'all favorite of the new to senior Russian women..

i think I like Kostornaia of today. (over The Trusova and Anna)

And Im no expert but her 3 axel wasnt UR......

Vagabond

Uno - I think the MESS race this season is decided already! :yikes:
Chen - Felt kinda flat after Uno, can't help :shuffle:
Q: What was the difference between Chen and Uno today?
A: Chen merely felt flat; Uno fell flat.
:sneaky: :p :gallopin1

Boss, are you storing all the potential long/short list contenders for the awards at the end of the season in a medium that will be accessible to us poor souls in the U.S. and elsewhere who may otherwise be geoblocked? There is a moral imperative here. :saint:

J

Jeschke

Boss, are you storing all the potential long/short list contenders for the awards at the end of the season in a medium that will be accessible to us poor souls in the U.S. and elsewhere who may otherwise be geoblocked? There is a moral imperative here. :saint:
Well, this will be the big question when I’ll try to upload what might happen :watch:

Dobre

Just curious.. who is y'all favorite of the new to senior Russian women.

Trusova. It is very un :gallopin1 of me.

Of course, I was cheering for Tomoki here. And in classic Tomoki fashion, he struggled epically with the brand new situation. (If he stays true to form, he should be fine in @3 years;)). On the plus side, Shoma decided to make me feel better by demonstrating for Tomoki how an Olympic silver medalist too can totally implode on two major elements.

I watched the whole men's event on delay, and had a very strange desire to post in this thread after pretty much every person. TTW play-by-play could be a real thing.

SamuraiK

I know I'm exaggerating but the withdrawal of both J/C AND Z/E make the pairs competition feel kind of like the senior Bs or 4CC before the really big names decided those competitions were worth their time. The Russian and American teams are interesting with all their potential but it still doesn't feel like much :slinkaway

It's certainly a letdown after last weeks Skate Canada

It's even worse when you have Chen, Uno, Zagitova and their own french world Champions Papadakis& Cizeron in the other fields. Finishing with pairs has to be the most anticlimatic thing ever.

SamuraiK

French GP (I don't even know or care what the current formal name of the event is) Men SP recap

Yikes, this was a TTW deluxe event. When even Chen screws his jumps you know you are cursed.

Perkov - Well you made it to the GP finally. Let's call it the highlight of your career along with banging Leonova and move on.
Ponsart - So hot. this is the type of program that makes me wonder if they know they can't surpass Lambiel's masterpiece or offer a fresh take then why bother.
BlackWolf - The haircut doesn't look to bad now . The music is son bang bang and monotronous all around so if they jumps fail it just feels flat.
Le Petit - Im in love with that program. Stupid mistake. It was obvious he was overthinking it. That K&C was so over the top but at least he wants to sucees badly and I support that.
Nadeau - Not even your xtreme hotness is enough to forgive such content.
Morisi - glitch on the stream. Didnt miss much apparently.
Silverfox - I admire him for continuing but this is looking Suguri-esque.
Hiwatashi - Could be good without mistakes.
UkeUno - ouch and double ouch at those falls. I love the concept, but feel like the choreo is too much nice gliding and not the real power and staccato the music deserves.
GreasyBoy - Enjoyed it much better than at SA but still he's too intense for this music. IN should be way lower.
GreatestBoreman - He's the russian Rachael Flatt.

Best Dressed - Perkov
Do Hard - OMG the whole first group would made some of my wildest orgy wet dreams but they bombed so badly so none deserve it. Ok maybe a do soft for Kevin.

SamuraiK

French GP Ladies SP Recap

Well we had quite a picky panel. The harsh was for all overall so dont really mind

Serna - That was good but the best part was Joubert's hair and expression after she finished.
Boss Girl - I was thinking "this is not too bad, maybe I'll write something nice to please Boss" and then she splats on a 3Lo. Back to worthless in my book.
Andrews - Nice but can't really pay much attention with awful Aguilera song.
Royal Angel - Damn, she's stunning. The program is in the same vein that worked so well for her last year so wise choice for now. Ready to sacrifice some animals in order for her to survive until 2020.
Meite - I say this everytime with her. Wish her jumps were as explosive as her on ice presence.
Shiraiwa - wonder how long will she hang on on the circuit. She's not progressing.
Sotskova - Go for broke tomorrow Maria. We all know is gonna be your last major international.
Bell - Ehhh, this felt like when those bubblegum pop princesses go ultra naughty because they think they should instead of really feeling like it. Too contrived.
Higuchi - I know I said Im ok with the picky judging but wished it wouldnt have been soo harsh with Wakaba, give her a break.
Kaori - Love her careless style. Stupid mistake. JPN girls are strugglin and it makes me sad.
Zagitova - bad choice of music and even without slow mo I could see that UR.

Best Dressed - Shiraiwa
Do Hard - I guess Bell, she's kinda asking for it :D

SamuraiK

French GP SD Recap

Tobias 2.0 - this was so lame. like not even well trained.
Obscure french team - He used to be really bad. This was an improvement.
TTW honorary kids - Much much better than at SA, needed more energy at the end but keep it going kids.
L&LG - very pretty dress on her but 2 freak falls in a row? cursed.
Soucisse & FIrus - Yep, they are not making it to 2020 team.
Polish - He looked damn fine. THe program is trying to be voidy but they lack the charisma for it.
Swing COuple - High energy. First time I agree with their political push this season.
La Chock- When you are a veteran team you just dont chose this generic crap.
Piccolinos - i fell asleep.
Echo & Narcissus - Honestly, I think this was overhyped. Other than the very campy costumes and full speed the choreo is more of the same pose-y trend these days.

Best Dressed - Lauriault
Do Hard - Cizeron no question.

Mad for Skating

Not a good start for my sprog - she had all her money stolen by local louts while waiting for the shuttle bus to the rink ☹

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. I loved seeing them in the RD yesterday - great job!

No Russian ice dance judge 🙁visa problems

IDF is the chaos event for a reason...

A :cheer2: and a 🐍 walk into a bar and, well they were so hot the bar burst into flames.

This is the best post I’ve ever seen in a #TTW thread.

Just curious.. who is y'all favorite of the new to senior Russian women..

i think I like Kostornaia of today. (over The Trusova and Anna)

And Im no expert but her 3 axel wasnt UR......

I like them all! I think Kostornaia is the most elegant and a complete package, but I’m a little partial to Anna because she reminds me of Lipnitskaya.

Actually felt like she was Bondage Bell (to go with Bondage Brown), they gave off the same vibe🤪

Jason and Mariah’s new slogan: leave Aunt Kori, become naughty punks.

S

SmallFairy

Crap, had to stay at work til almost 8 o'clock yesterday evening, and had to watch in between working. Couldn't write anything fun in here. Today at least I'm back all in for men. Will write something about yesterday first.

S

SmallFairy

Viking writing something about yesterday:

The judges gave Samarin higher PCS than Kevin. Not just combined. Samarin won Performance and Interpretation of the music above our crying man. I know Boss loves Mr. Daisuke wannabe, but COME ON! What joke. :mitchell:I want what those judges having. They think Samarin interpreted Blues for Klook to 9.43! 9.43!!!!! Just get rid of the components all together, they make no sense. (Sorry Boss, rants over now!:40beers:)

S

SmallFairy

Viking writing something else about yesterday:

(((Kaori)))
(((Hase/Seegert))) (It wasn't me, I take back everything I said about physic medium!)
(((Ziegler/Kiefer)))
(((Shoma))) MESS there is, I screamed out loud in fear, and despite of what you might think, that doesn't happen very often...

Perkov borrowed all of McGyvers duckt tape, to no use. He looked good though.
Love Kevin's tribute to Stanick going into spins.
Uno's Flip entrance is worse than ever, its horrid. I took a screenshot, will post it later somewhere.

Do hard: Ponsart:smokin::smokin::smokin:
Do hard #2: Guillaume
Doing Ponsart hard: Bunny girl (She's awesome, though I miss Celine) (Our coach let us practice to Celine for a full hour yesterday morning. I told you before. She's a big fan. It was a best of-album, it had everything:love:)

Pink Fame - LOOOOOOOVE!!!! It's everything! It's so camp and funny and good, and relaxed and still with those skating skills. (I mentioned them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information