Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbelto

HG is not a real disease. Its not cancer or life threatening. It's an inconvenience. But in the real world women have to work through HG. They dont get to hole up at home whenever they have HG like Kate does. Again a problem where theres an immediate solution at her fingertips.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I maintain that rich white women who are beautiful, happily married, and have a great family don't have problems. I think by the way that Kate would be the first to agree. She always sounds like a fish out of water making those mental health videos. She'd agree that she's the world's luckiest woman alive. There's nothing she's ever had to struggle with.

For awhile reading this thread I though you were just f*cking with us, but the joke has gone on too long. I don't know what rock you're living under, but you are way out of touch with reality.

Everyone has problems of one kind or another, personal struggles that the rest of us might never know about. To brush off that possibility with a list of outward appearances and demographics is in itself a demonstration of prejudice - yours.

As for Kate I maintain that SHE has no problems. And no one in this thread has been able to prove that she has a single problem. I don't care about Victoria or any other royal family member. KATE has no problems because of the unique privileges she's had since she was born.

People have proven to you repeatedly that she's had her share of problems, and there could be any number of private and personal struggles that none of us will ever know about - doesn't mean they don't exist.

Now, can you prove your assertions that a) she has no problems, b) that she would agree that she has no problems and c) that she would agree she's the luckiest woman in the world?

antmanb

I stand by my statement that Kate can't possibly have any problems. She's rich, she's white, she's happily married, she has a loving and supportive family, she has three beautiful kids, and she's gorgeous. She checks all the boxes of a fairy tale life. Excuse me if I roll my eyes at the idea she has "problems."

Then you’re just a complete dick.

MsZem

I see the sea

ballettmaus

HG is not a real disease. Its not cancer or life threatening. It's an inconvenience. But in the real world women have to work through HG. They dont get to hole up at home whenever they have HG like Kate does. Again a problem where theres an immediate solution at her fingertips.

If memory serves, she was hospitalized at least once and severe sickness is nothing to sneeze at. The body loses fluids that it desperately needs and if you're unable to keep anything down, it can't "restock".

If Meghan had suffered from HG, there would have been an "immediate solution at her fingerstips" as well.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member

You are a complete prick, i have never had a baby but I looked after a friend suffering HG who swore she would never have another child again such was the severity of it. But us white women can’t suffer, right?

canbelto

You are a complete prick, i have never had a baby but I looked after a friend suffering HG who swore she would never have another child again such was the severity of it. But us white women can’t suffer, right?

No I'm not. I have endless empathy for people who were born with a bunch of disadvantages and have had to build their lives despite their disadvantages. If they fail, they're still deserving of compassion and empathy.

I have no empathy for a woman who was born with a royal flush and has continued to draw royal flushes throughout her life. Why should I have compassion for her? She would have none for me.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
No I'm not. I have endless empathy for people who were born with a bunch of disadvantages and have had to build their lives despite their disadvantages. If they fail, they're still deserving of compassion and empathy.

I have no empathy for a woman who was born with a royal flush and has continued to draw royal flushes throughout her life. Why should I have compassion for her? She would have none for me.

The only flush applicable here is your diatribes heading toward the sewer where they belong. Commencing ignore.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member

Why would she? Are you mentally ill? (I suspect you are) if you have no empathy for someone in a privileged position (being beautiful, white and rich) suffering an illness and talk of infidelities being cast on your marriage,

Tbh @canbelto this has always been quite a light hearted, nice series of threads. Lately you have been ridiculously derailing it with your crazy ravings and I’m getting fed up of it. So you either play nice , leave the thread or I’ll take that choice away from you completely.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Just because a condition can be cured (in this case having the baby) doesn't mean it was only an inconvenience. In the real world women don't work thru HG because THEY CAN'T. My niece had HG & she spent 7 months in the hospital. She wasn't even allowed a pillow because it elevated her head too much & would make her throw up. It caused a real financial hardship but she had no choice. I've never heard of any woman who worked thru it.

@mag, you missed the whole point of my post. Just because some celebrities are able to avoid the paparrazi doesn't mean that every celebrity who doesn't want the attention is able to live their lives outside the spotlight. I agree that others seem to want photogs to follow them around. But these same tabloids make up stuff with the hope that the lawsuit will cost less than what they make on the lies.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have a friend who makes a living as a pap. (He's successful because he gets his pix in People magazine and the like regularly.) He drives around between LA, SF, and Utah and attends events that he is invited to and takes pictures of people on the red carpet or sometimes during the event as well if he is invited to. He doesn't stalk people or intrude on them when they are out in public. He doesn't chase them down streets when they go grocery shopping. He doesn't take nude photos of them with a telephoto lens while they are sunbathing on private property.

The behavior we are talking about is done by a small minority of paparazzi and only for a small minority of celebs whose pix bring in the big bucks.

Unfortunately, someone like Meghan and Harry are in that group because they are pretty high profile. But most Hollywood Stars are not. Also, most of them that are in demand work with the press to give them good opportunities to get their photos in controlled circumstances with the understanding that the press will leave them alone most of the rest of the time. And most of the time this informal system works. Fighting the system doesn't work too well unless you are willing to be rude and sometimes even violent (i.e., punching the paps in the face or destroying their cameras).

I'm not saying this is the ideal way of doing it, just that this is how the system works today.

Reactions: mag

mag

But these same tabloids make up stuff with the hope that the lawsuit will cost less than what they make on the lies.

Made up stories and following people around are two completely different things. Made up stories are just that, made up. Tabloids don’t need to follow people around to that. The trash written about Meghan in the British tabloids is crap cooked up in a back room.

Yes, I did and do agree that the paparazzi and tabloid press can be annoying and do sometimes cross the line. When it comes to the BRF though, there are many ways and many people employed to protect them. They are able to get out and do things without being hounded. They have the royal press pack who are invited on royal tours and to royal engagements and are there specifically to publicize the work the Royals are doing. They may be critical at times, but being critical is not the same as bullying. Royals also have a choice about what the read and watch and if reading and watching crap is making your life miserable, the easiest solution would seem to be stop reading and watching crap. They can’t change the way people feel about them but they don’t need to let those people into their home or their head. Meghan has been quoted as saying something to the effect that she just wants people to see her and Harry as a couple in love. Why does she care what complete strangers think of her and her relationship? As long as she and Harry love each other, why in the world would it matter if crazy Nancy in Pittsburgh doesn’t like you?

Harry has been one of the most popular member of the royal family for years. There are quite literally dozens of glowing, fawning articles and YouTube clips out out every week about how amazingly wonderful Harry and Meghan are. I would argue they completely out number the number of similar articles about all the other members of the royal family combined. They are easy to find with simple google search. Most of these now have the comments turned off not just because people were saying terrible things about Meghan, but also Meghan fans were saying terrible things about Kate. It was like Uber skating fans fighting each other only worse. It took some time, but I found three particularly bat shit crazy YouTube channels where the hate for Meghan is beyond the pale. Now I actually had to search for those and I won’t list them here because they don’t need the exposure. I suspect in Britain you could find lots of stuff at a news stand or on tabloid web sites, but the fact remains, if all they are seeing is the bad stuff, they are ignoring a ton of good stuff that is right in front of them. If Harry thinks the press didn’t like his mother then he is living in an alternate reality.

What Harry and Meghan are feeling is very real to them, but it is quite possible that there are other factors playing in to how they are feeling. Depression, PTSD, and other mental illness can greatly affect the way we view the world. IMHO they need to heal themselves and that healing needs to come from within, hopefully with professional help, instead of lashing out and blaming everyone else.

Vagabond

Why should I have compassion for her? She would have none for me.
Because you shouldn't be prejudiced.

Merriam-Webster Definition of Prejudice
preconceived judgment or opinion
(2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
b : an instance of such judgment or opinion
c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

aftershocks

Banned Member
Sounds like their tour of Pakistan is going well!

Now Harry and Megan will have to find something to beat it.

:rolleyes: Please ask yourself why you think that's necessary? :drama:

In fact, it looks to me as if W&K are trying to emulate M&H's down-to-earth ease in interacting with people on a human level. As well, M&H have taken the lead (in their South Pacific, Morocco, and South Africa tours) in personally doing advance research and planning in order to highlight important stories and beneficial community projects and organizations in the countries they have visited.

It is M&H who have set a high standard of hard work and fundraising promotion for numerous humanitarian groups, all the while with Meghan (even when pregnant) being relentlessly and pettily criticized and caricatured by the majority of the British mainstream and tabloid media. The knives came out most viciously right after the Sussexes' very successful South Pacific tour last November. Again, ask yourself why.

The ITV documentary will air this evening on ABC in the U.S. It was also available on Youtube after being broadcast in Britain on Sunday. I saw it on Youtube already, but it has since been taken down on grounds of copyright violation.

Meanwhile, there have been plenty of clips of leaked footage. The documentary is best viewed in full and in context. The best parts are of Meghan & Harry interacting with the local people and with their son, Archie. They join a local family for dinner at one point and talk about how happy and talkative* Archie has been on the trip, and how much he seems to enjoy his surroundings, the people, and the view of a mountain range from the Cape Town residence where they were staying.

*talkative, meaning using his voice a lot more than he ever had before; likely a consequence of growing, but also of being stimulated by a new and different environment that held unique vibrations...

mag

*talkative, meaning using his voice a lot more than he ever had before; likely a consequence of growing, but also of being stimulated by a new and different environment that held unique vibrations...

Pretty much a consequence of being six months old:

As for the rest of your post, is it ever possible to just praise the good work Harry and Meghan did on this tour without assuming that somehow the rest of the Royal family is waiting with baited breath to learn how to do their jobs from the new kid on the block? William and Kate’s Pakistan tour, including all research and planning, would have been done well ahead of Harry and Meghan departing for Africa. It was also not dissimilar to the many other international tours they have completed in the past 8 years. My niece spoke with Kate in Victoria BC and I can assure you Kate connects with people “on a human level” just fine. (I am not sure what other level humans connect on, but whatever.)

The knives that came out after the South Pacific tour were wielded by a bunch of racist bigots who were upset that Meghan was pregnant. That said, there was also an avalanche of favourable press giving well earned positive feedback for the job they did. We all, including Harry and Meghan, make choices about what we read and who we listen to. As I said above, anyone who does not see all the positive, and at times fawning, coverage Harry and Meghan receive is being willfully blind.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Keep drinking the kool-aid dear old @mag. Seriously, you have your perceptions and your beliefs and your particular background and experiences from which you are basing and arriving at your perceptions, and I have mine. On the topic of British royalty and M&H, you and I will obviously never be in agreement. You once said in the previous thread that, "Kate has better genes than Meghan..."

Your pronouncement reminds me of royal reporter Robert Jobson (who is friendly with the Megxit group, along with Richard Palmer), once exclaiming on a British talk show, "Thank goodness!" when one of the hosts claimed after Archie's christening photos were released that "Archie looks like Harry." Actually, Archie takes after both of his parents, and frankly 'skin color' is not a barometer of very much, despite racist views to the contrary.

I haven't been hanging out in this thread recently, so I guess it will be interesting catching up with all the commentary, when I have more time. Later...

BTW, in actual fact, Kate and Meghan share a very distant genealogical connection, and both are also distantly related to their husbands. Via her father's ancestry, Meghan is related to the Spencers, the Bowes-Lyons, et al. Meghan can trace direct-line ancestry (via her father) all the way back to King Edward III:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I have read no further. Please quote the place a said that.

What a short memory you have @mag. It's in the other thread, and other posters pushed back on your comment, gently. At the time, I raised my eyebrows and shook my head, and decided not to say anything, then. But I didn't forget.

Bye, catch you later. The documentary is airing...

mag

What a short memory you have @mag. It's in the other thread, and other posters pushed back on your comment, gently. At the time, I raised my eyebrows and shook my head, and decided not to say anything, then. But I didn't forget.

Bye, catch you later. The documentary is airing...

You are a disappointment. You made an accusation in haste that you can’t back up and you can’t bring yourself admit it. I actually thought you were better than that and although we often disagree you made some interesting posts. Quite the disappointment. Congratulations on being the only poster on my ignore list.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Oh FGS, I temporarily remove one person from wrecking the thread while I go to bed and I’ve got more drama llamas breeding like flies here!

BTW, there‘s really no reason to dramatically announce that someone is on your ignore list. :lol:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
@MacMadame, I'm glad your friend has some class but I don't agree "The behavior we are talking about is done by a small minority of paparazzi and only for a small minority of celebs whose pix bring in the big bucks."

The huge amount of tabloids that feature photos could not be supplied by a small minority of paparazzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information