German Skating News 2019/2020

cs.berlin

Hocke Kunkel smashed it as well in zagreb! This 3FTh is already a cracker after half year of practice
In fact, it was just over 4 months of training together. All the more amazing, certainly. It was probably something thought to bring the two together. Annika has already after a short time (training with Ruben) proved her fast learned pair running skills, unforgettable "Romeo & Julia" in Milan (this FS I felt like a gift from heaven, from which Aljona looked down shortly afterwards). And Robert is diligently doing weight training and trying to find a connection. He does that very well. The great result of today should not hide the fact that the difference of points to Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov last week with more than 36 points equals a Herculean task. To be able to keep up with something like that in the future. This time the Russians have sent us their second choice to try out their possibilities - first of all many thanks to Moscow, very nice of you!

Last edited:

Sabine-Yuna

Hocke/Kunkel are in the final.
Another JGP bronze medal too. Who would have thought, great achievement after that short period of time.

For tonight at Nebelhorn I just hope that Seegert will secure all lifts. I always fear for Minerva and this SP lift yesterday didn't convince me that it got better.

s_parks

Another JGP bronze medal too. Who would have thought, great achievement after that short period of time.

For tonight at Nebelhorn I just hope that Seegert will secure all lifts. I always fear for Minerva and this SP lift yesterday didn't convince me that it got better.
I'm still more scared for Kirsten Moore-Towers, tbh. He needs more work on the throw technique (I guess I've just watched too many jgp pairs, and consequently, worse lifts), but then again, they are a new pair with him being relatively young for a pairs guy still.

J

Jeschke

Finally back from the rink thoughts on #TeamD 🇩🇪

Hocke/Kunkel
Congrats for making the final; it looked a bit rough today and well, the FS has a lots of moves which does not flatter him at all, but well, it's a short period and a great start for this new pair. Making JGPF is a success, but there is a lot of way to go until JW. Does anybody know if they are going for Euros/Worlds too this season?

Roscher/Schuser
I did not watch, sorry.

Koch/Nüchtern, Urban/Steffan; well, this was rough for both. Very much disliked the costumes for K/N, don't get why U/S were going for old (not pretty ones) again :shuffle:
Both team lost ground to other pairs they should be closer to / or who progressed more. This might get tricky this year.
Power of Babs missing is of no help either.

Peterson/Pfisterer, better match than with ther former partner but they look so junior, they were kinda lost in senior. Nice moments though.

Thomas Stoll - Puh, another tough cookie. There is some progress, but not much. I like the improvement in presentation anf overall skills, but the jumps, well...this is not competitive.
Hess - I think he improved a lot from last season in every aspect, the jumping is still the same though.

Hase/Seegert - Boy he was done half way through the program. Lots of skaters were totally done today, but yeah :shuffle: I have no clue why they thought it might be a good idea to recycle that program. It was not good and worked in their favour last season, and it does not do it this (so far). The new lift (for SP and FS) looks so so laboured (I never have fear of him letting her down though - as the discussion was going around that earlier)

Last edited by a moderator:

cs.berlin

I had to blink several times: a elegant black outfit, big and strong, mighty Level 4 lifts, those lanky, wide legs at the single jumps with so stable landings, as funny as serious theater of dance movements - didn't that look a bit like Bruno? This boy is going at a speed that surprises, madness ... seen this way, Robert was my secret star on the rink. Annika, the gentle one, the charisma on the audience as usual, she will be happy to have this magnificent young guy at her side. Cool, by the way, how she put the fall away. This also belongs to the toolbox of a skater who strives for higher things. The question is how high. Aljona, who supports Annika always as a good friend, once said: "I don't know what the other [German] couples want. Maybe just improve a little every year. We said that we want to become Olympic champions." That's how it was and is. But who knows ... (today I had a certain premonition, what could be possible with our new pair and what not). Anyway, there were two great and exciting competitions within a few days. To be continued.

Minni and Nolan, since many years my most symphatic couple under the sun, were able to get their carvers out of the WC and reach about the level of their successful EC. But this time it was a fight with unusual exhaustion at the end, I have never seen her so powerless. The otherwise so spirited final pose looked unhappy, as if they had themselves understood how nonsensical this freestyle had to work. In any case, great respect for a good performance without serious mistakes. But other couples have developed further, as can be seen from the points at the top, although the avant-garde of the skaters wasn't represented yet. Now they will have to think about whether it can go on like this (see the facial expressions of the three in the K&C, where the sun didn't want to rise this time). The repetition of the amply showed "House Of The Rising Sun" FS seemed to me like a fatal signal in the wrong direction ... (so much to the topic "Hase/Seegert on steady progress" and other jabbering)

Last edited:

Ida

@Jeschke: According Pirouette (Juli/August issue) Hocke/Kunkel want to do the later Challenger Competitions to get the Points to qualify for Euros and Worlds. But we have three pairs for two spots at Euros and worlds. So we might see, which pairs qualify

J

Jeschke

@Jeschke: According Pirouette (Juli/August issue) Hocke/Kunkel want to do the later Challenger Competitions to get the Points to qualify for Euros and Worlds. But we have three pairs for two spots at Euros and worlds. So we might see, which pairs qualify
Thanks for the update! 👍🏼
I think about P/B when they show up in competition! It has become quite quiet lately here.

Ida

Don`t forget Marold. She was ways better than last Season. And she gets the minimum scores for euros (and missed the short scores for worlds by less than one point)

J

Jeschke

German fed is more up to date on IG and their homepage than alomst all of last season :rofl:
Short article about JGPF for Hocke/Kunkel:

Because the question came up before, we had 3 skaters at JGPF so far:
  • Florian Just 1999
  • Stefan Lindemann 1999
  • Stefan Lindemann 2000
  • Susanne Stadlmüller 2001

J

Jeschke

Back home, final thoughts on last day of NHT:

Schott - Medal to start the season; this was not a given here, well done; she looked pretty secure in all practices so I am happy she somehow hold on to it; Usually I dislike putting all spins to end (with the ChSq in between) but it kinda worked and fitted the music. I like the new style of her this season, new directions, that's good. Question remains about jump layout still; I guess it's pretty obvious they wanted to go safe here, but what harder combos will there be? 3f3t? She desperately needs a lutz to upgrade TES (in SP too)
Random note: Even this good even for her does not meet team envelope criteria (which had to be achieved twice for next season; she 'only' achieved lv14 combined for steps/spins and there was no 3-3). I wonder how strict they will chose the team based on that 🆘

Marold - I was kinda harsh with her, or better, her team last season. Way better here. No desperate hard combo attempts, this was a really solid skate and a good senior debut. She got euros minimums (it now sucks actually even more that we only have one spot left)

Bock - She was crying so hard, I still feel bad; I just don't get why the team still hangs on to the hard jump layout; why aren't they going for more easy stuff to bring some kind of confidence back (well, who knows how she jumps in practice, just a random observation); but I admire he spirit still hanging in :respec:

Urban/Steffan - Not impressed that 3/4 of their costumes this seasons are recycled; I hope at least RD are just not ready yet. The FD builds really nicely. With home advantage here for Nebelhorn and at nationals in Oberstdorf they might have a real shot for euros this time. Sinicyn quite succesful with Lithuanians this season already, hope the magic works for them too. FD builds really nicely.

Koch/Nüchtern - I liked this FD a lot (thank god after the RD); but well, very low on GOE; I am still not sure the switch from Fusar-Poli was the right one, but time will tell. They always had not the best season outings to starts and improved. This was my favourite german FD so far.

Peterson/Pfisterer - They seemed to enjoy it, the skating was pretty small, but yeah, 1st season, fresh out of juniors, let's give them some time.

J

Jeschke

Hocke/Kunkel want to do the later Challenger Competitions
Only CS (with pairs event) left for Warsaw and Zagreb. Zagreb is the same time like JGPF, so obviously not doable. Leaves them with 2events counting (1 CS and nationals).

Would be :watch: what german fed is doing about that if P/B would show up.

Ida

German fed is more up to date on IG and their homepage than alomst all of last season :rofl:
Short article about JGPF for Hocke/Kunkel:

Because the question came up before, we had 3 skaters at JGPF so far:
  • Florian Just 1999
  • Stefan Lindemann 1999
  • Stefan Lindemann 2000
  • Susanne Stadlmüller 2001

According Wikipedia also Andrea Diewald, David Jeschke (both 97/98 season), Steinel/Tvetkov (01/02 season) and Beier/Beier (02/03) qualified for the jgp final.

J

Jeschke

According Wikipedia also Andrea Diewald, David Jeschke (both 97/98 season), Steinel/Tvetkov (01/02 season) and Beier/Beier (02/03) qualified for the jgp final.
Strange, I just referred to the infos given by german fed, but well, why am I not surprised? :rofl:

Ida

Luft and Schuster are in 4th place after the rythm Dance, only 1,12points away from the bronce rank (and 0,30points away from the 5th place…). Very good skate!

J

Jeschke

Luft and Schuster are in 4th place after the rythm Dance, only 1,12points away from the bronce rank (and 0,30points away from the 5th place…). Very good skate!
One day away, and that's what's happening :D

Great for them:
To be honest, I am still not convinced. But scores work for them, that's what matters.
Sinicyn seems to have a good hand with his team so far this season. Good for him.

As it's Luft, at NHT I overheard that Kazimov has a new girl too. Great, I always had a soft spot for him with Luft earlier.

J

Jeschke

Speaking of Sinicyn:
I am surprised Urban/Steffan are going to the CS in Asia early November. So they have done all their 3 CS very early in the season and can not 'react' later.
But maybe it works for them. Could be their year.

J

Jeschke

So Luft/Schuster dropped to 8th (with 12th FD) with 133,36pts.
After jgp season the 2 dance teams are separated by .03pts :watch:

First #juniorworldsrace update will appear after final jgp is over.

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #juniorsrace after jgp season:
(1 spot in each discipline)

Men
178,54 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54)
143,83 Nikita Starostin (JGP RUS 143,83)
134,63 Louis Weissert (JGP POL 134,63) *FS

Ladies
140,30 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP ITA 140,30)
130,65 Aya Hatakawa (JGP POL 130,65)
121,34 Nargiz Suleymanova (JGP FRA 121,34)
95,53 Elodie Eudine (JGP LTU)

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20)
219,98 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (JGP CRO 116,56; JGP POL 103,42)

Dance
259,72 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (JGP LTU 130,44; JGP POL 129,28)
259,96 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (JGP ITA 133,36; JGP FRA 126,60)

*TES missing

J

Jeschke

Dastich pulled out of Finlandia Trophy and put up some metaphoric post on IG.
Is she still injured/injured again?
What's going on here?

J

Jeschke

I start to think that the whole Euros qualification process is pretty pointless when barely anyone actually competes (apart form the dancers). :slinkaway
I agree.
Dance will be the battle.
Pairs with no release for Pavlova, no battle at all.
Schott will get the ladies ticket to 98%.
And men, well, even when Stoll/Hess are skating 3 times and Fentz only nationals; the moment he shows up in decent shape, I bet my ass they go for him with exception rule.

But yeah, with half of the team injured, I don't get this 3events counting race scenario either.
Good for dance though.

J

Jeschke

New season of 'Dancing on Ice' is happening.
Sevan Lerche and Niko Ulanovsky are the new germans amongst the pro skaters.
(the other skaters are D. Vincour, J. Othman, S. Martini, R. Elsener, S. Cappellini, K. Rybkowski, A. Fancy and J. Polizoakis)

J

Jeschke

Pavlova & Blommaert are on the entry list for Volvo Open Cup!

Ah, you have beaten me bringing the news :drama: :p
Now it's getting interesting, at least! :watch:

This brings a new problem: Hocke/Kunkel have only one possible challenger left to skate (CS POL). CS CRO is the same time as JGPF. So, they only can score 2/3 events counting towards the race.
What will that mean? P/B only skate 2 events, too? (demanded by german fed?)
P/B skate 3 and will win the race easy?
H/K's JGPF score will count?
H/K will focus on junior season?
:watch:

J

Jeschke

Lots going on.

CS FIN:
Hess 60,73pts, 12th, better than at Nebelhorn
Dimitresciu, 60,17pts, 13th, old mess :(
Isaev, 34,55pts, 20th, looked scary thin compared to last season imho :shuffle:
Urban/Steffan are not in the starting orders; what happened here?

Denis Ten Memorial Challenge:
Müller/Dieck, 67,15pts, 1st

Suleymanova, 138,54pts, 4th (jr), closed the gap in the #juniorsrace to Marold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information