From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Last edited:

Ka3sha

All these photos are from the test skates

zebraswan

It appears that Stolbova/Novoselov have withdrawn from their Russian Cup event - I hope everything is okay.

(By "Russian Cup" I mean the small domestic competition, not their Grand Prix event)

From their official VK page:

Ksenia and Andrei will not perform at the II stage of the Russian Cup in Saransk. This is not related to health, our guys are doing well, no need to worry.
We look forward to further news and are preparing for the Russian stage of the Grand Prix series.

Mad for Skating

If i find them (before the power shut down we're waiting for in North Cal, and it can happen any minute).

PS. Here found these few from yesterday (courtesy of Alexz from discord russian site)

Gorgeous pics, but I recognized that outfit from the test skates :) great detective work, @Ka3sha.

From their official VK page:

Ksenia and Andrei will not perform at the II stage of the Russian Cup in Saransk. This is not related to health, our guys are doing well, no need to worry.
We look forward to further news and are preparing for the Russian stage of the Grand Prix series.

Oh thank goodness! It’s probably best to just take it slow, good thinking on their part. As eager as I am to see them compete, this is probably for the best.

lily

Alena Kostornaya is practising 3 Axels in the Finlandia Trophy.

Mad for Skating

Alena Kostornaya is practising 3 Axels in the Finlandia Trophy.

Queen! I love her!

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Mishina / Galliamov jumps/throws, height and power already very good, they look secure than Tarasova / Morozov

only I dont like is the costume all black ? Jeuis Malade and I thought they changed music, those costumes have no relation whatsoever to the music. I thought they were gonna skate to Jazz / or Tango theme

zebraswan

very good scores by Mishina / Galliamov

as predicted they will challenge as russian No.1 along with Tarasova / Morozov
should have no trouble desposing Boikova / Kozlovski whom struggled on their first event

the best russian pair skaters to debut since Gordeeva / Grinkov ?

I like M/G, but you need to calm down already because it's getting annoying. Are you their self-appointed PR representative?

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I was impressed by Mishina/Galliamov. IMO, they looked a lot better than at test skates. But TBH the scores were pretty high for a debut pair. We will see if it continues throughout the season.

their jumps and throws must have gotten huge GOEs, they are power skaters and as I said they can easily climb than ranks than somone who rely more artistically like Boikova / Kozlovski but are inconsistent.

74 SP for a debut is very huge not even Tarasova / Morozov got that !

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I liked M/G too, but they have a ways to go to fully develop to the level of T/M. T/M are going to contend for the world title this season; M/G have a shot at making the team for Euros/Worlds.

Gleaned from elsewhere by people who were at test skates, when the teams were at the same place at the same time, T/M are the clear leaders of Russian pairs and everyone else is competing for the two remaining spots with odds better (B/K) or worse (P/K) for the other individual teams.

LoopCombo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information