Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD
Excerpt from the Challenger Series thread (and re-posted in the U.S. Men's thread) in GSD:
I guess this is probably unofficial, but the Nebelhorn Trophy's page, does list a couple of the planned competitors (translation provided by Google - so if spelling/grammar/weird errors, blame the bot):

"... The popular American Jason Brown wants to present his new freestyle on "Schindler's List" in Germany for the first time in front of an audience."
Off-Season Adventures with Jason Brown: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...g-off-season-adventures-with-jason-brown.aspx

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
A new article about Jason as he prepares for Skate America.

Brown is looking forward to debuting two new programs this season: a short program to Kaleo's "I Can't Go On Without You," choreographed by Rohene Ward, and a free skate choreographed by David Wilson to music from the 1993 drama Schindler's List.

"The short program is very sultry and fun and has a good beat," he said. "I like the darker, cool undertone to the program; I just absolutely love it. I think it shows off a little bit of my personality and I hope that the audience really gets into it and enjoys it as well.

"Schindler's List is a piece of music I've always wanted to skate to. I'm really excited that I'm doing it this year and it's very powerful, emotional, strong and captivating, but also dark, and I just really hope to pull the audience in and take them on a bit of an emotional journey. I love that program and I'm just so eager to get out in front of an audience."

DreamSkates

A new article about Jason as he prepares for Skate America.

Brown is looking forward to debuting two new programs this season: a short program to Kaleo's "I Can't Go On Without You," choreographed by Rohene Ward, and a free skate choreographed by David Wilson to music from the 1993 drama Schindler's List.

"The short program is very sultry and fun and has a good beat," he said. "I like the darker, cool undertone to the program; I just absolutely love it. I think it shows off a little bit of my personality and I hope that the audience really gets into it and enjoys it as well.

"Schindler's List is a piece of music I've always wanted to skate to. I'm really excited that I'm doing it this year and it's very powerful, emotional, strong and captivating, but also dark, and I just really hope to pull the audience in and take them on a bit of an emotional journey. I love that program and I'm just so eager to get out in front of an audience."
And we eagerly await seeing you!

DreamSkates

And this one never grows old. It will go down in history on the list of the greatest performances in figure skating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61k2XjRryM
The first few seconds - the look, the moves, as he took command of the ice and the entire arena. Loved the costuming as well.
Added: and I love the reaction to his scores! Every point well-deserved!

Last edited:

missing

I realized what was unusual about the Jason article I linked to.

There is no mention of quads- what he's tried, what he's working on, what he needs to have.

It's a fluffy fluff piece and maybe that's why the quad struggles go unmentioned. But it is noticeable (by me at least, after a good night's sleep) that there are no references to them at all.

DreamSkates

I realized what was unusual about the Jason article I linked to.

There is no mention of quads- what he's tried, what he's working on, what he needs to have.

It's a fluffy fluff piece and maybe that's why the quad struggles go unmentioned. But it is noticeable (by me at least, after a good night's sleep) that there are no references to them at all.
But, he did say, at the end of the season (sorry can't remember exactly where I read that), that he was starting to rotate his quad. Since he hasn't yet landed one deemed fully rotated by the judges yet, he's not known for landing them. Maybe why that is missing?

missing

On the one hand, Jackie Wong's notes on Jason's practice session aren't too promising:

Jackie Wong

@rockerskating

Practice notes Brown: 2A, 3F, 3Lz2T, 3Lz3T, 3A, 3A(hangs on), 3F, runthru (3F, 3A(2ft?), 3Lz3T, 3F, 2S, 3S, 4S(ur,fall), 1S(step), 1S(step), 4S(ur,step)

On the other hand, Sylvia's link to footage of Jason's footwork section is just wonderful:

I think the two in combination explain the joys and frustrations of Jason fandom.

Roux

Well, I'm really no judge, but to me his jumps (minus the pops) looked as solid as I've ever seen them! Certainly a hop, skip and a jump better than last year.
And of course both programs were wonderfully performed :D I only could have asked for (even) higher components at least in the fs (didn't take note in sp) -- humph! :p

Sylvia

TBD
Article via JTA (Jewish Telegraphic Agency):

ETA that the article references this one that was published during Skate America:

Last edited:

Tavi

I am really hoping he does well at Golden Spin. In itself it’s not a particularly meaningful competition, but it would be wonderful to see that he’s regained his confidence, figured out what went wrong at NHK, and moved beyond it. I’m also curious if they’ll retain the NHK layout and if he will make an actual attempt at the 4T this time. Whatever the reasons for the change, I’m happy because it has allowed him to bring back his beautiful 3Z-Euler-3S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information