2019-2020 Fall - Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Cachoo

Thank God "The Durrells in Corfu" is back; such a refreshing series. I watched "Evil" and will watch again. The angle is interesting: Is there a devil? Is there true evil? And how does our use of social media connect evil elements? I'm curious to see where the show goes. And finally my guilty pleasure, "Seal Team" returns.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I got to see the first ep of Nancy Drew at a Paley Screening. Not sure how I feel about making beloved YA classics edgier. I mean

Bess is a Clepto, George is sleeping with an older, married man, and Ned has a felony?
No. Just no. Nononononono. Just change the names, then.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Yesterday I happened to catch a half hour or so of The Young and the Restless. I was an on again/off again fan going back to the early 80s, don't think I've seen a full ep in maybe 15 or more years.

And yet, there on my screen were Victor, Nikki, Paul, Jack, Nick and Sharon! Some things never change I guess, including them - being on thousands of episodes of a long running soap is apparently good for one's complexion because looking up the actual ages of these people :eek::eek::eek::eek:

A.H.Black

Evil just lost me. I like the premise of the show. I even like the Townsand/Michael Emerson character. However, I choose not to deal with the whole George thing. I would rather watch something on my dvr.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 06/2019 - Saturday October 12/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, October 6
8 p.m. - BATWOMAN - The CW
8 p.m. - KIDS SAY THE DARNEDEST THINGS - ABC
8:30 p.m. - BACK TO LIFE - Showtime
9 p.m. - Supergirl Season 5 - The CW
9 p.m. - Get Shorty Season 3 - Epix
9 p.m. - The Walking Dead Season 10 - AMC
10 p.m. - Madam Secretary Season 6 - CBS
10 p.m. - Mr. Robot Season 4 - USA
10 p.m. - Star Wars Resistance Season 2 - Disney Channel
10 p.m. - PRESS - PBS
10 p.m. - Talking Dead Season 9 - AMC
10 p.m. - WITCHES OF SALEM - Travel Channel

Monday, October 7
8 p.m. - All American Season 2 - The CW
9 p.m. - Black Lightning Season 3 - The CW
9 p.m. - Below Deck Season 7 - Bravo

Tuesday, October 8
12 a.m. - GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY'S PRIMAL - Adult Swim (All Five Episodes Air Across Five Days)
12:01 a.m. PT - THE EPIC TALES OF CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE SPOOKY TALE OF CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS HACK-A-WEEK - Netflix (Special Presentation)
12:01 a.m. PT - DEAN COLE: COLE-HEARTED - Netflix (Comedy Special)
8 p.m. - The Flash Season 6 - The CW
8 p.m. - Finding Your Roots Season 6 - PBS

Wednesday, October 9
12:01 a.m. PT - RHYTHM + FLOW - Netflix (Episodes 1-4)
8 p.m. - Riverdale Season 4 - The CW
9 p.m. - NANCY DREW - The CW

Thursday, October 10
8 p.m. - Supernatural Season 15 - The CW
9 p.m. - Legacies Season 2 - The CW
10 p.m. - Temptation Island Season 5 - USA

Friday, October 11
12:01 a.m. PT - Haunted Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Insatiable Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Plan Coeur Season 2 - Netflix
8 p.m. - Charmed Season 2 - The CW
9 p.m. - THE BIRCH - Facebook
9 p.m. - Dynasty Season 3 - The CW
9 p.m. - GHOST NATION - Travel Channel
10 p.m. - HOMETOWN HORROR - Travel Channel
10 p.m. - Marriage Boot Camp Season 15 - WE

Saturday, October 12
8 p.m. - THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SCANDAL (TV Movie) - Lifetime
9 p.m. - THE BANANA SPLITS (TV Movie) - Syfy
10 p.m. - BEYOND THE HEADLINES: THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SCANDAL WITH GRETCHEN CARLSON - Lifetime (One-Hour Special Presentation)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

BaileyCatts

Don't know if this constitutes TV or not, but if you are a Breaking Bad fan (and don't already know this), October 11 on Netflix premieres 'El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie'. Vince Gilligan wrote and directed. If you have seen the trailers .... oooo.mmm.ggggg. :wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes:

It drops at 12:01a PST time, and since there is no way I'll be awake at 3am to watch it (and spoilers will likely be all over everywhere the minute it ends), I'm blowing a vacation day to stay home so I can watch it when I wake up. No way am I gonna risk waiting until I would get home from work to watch it and risk hearing or seeing anything about it. :rofl:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Don't know if this constitutes TV or not, but if you are a Breaking Bad fan (and don't already know this), October 11 on Netflix premieres 'El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie'. Vince Gilligan wrote and directed. If you have seen the trailers .... oooo.mmm.ggggg. :wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes::wideeyes:

It drops at 12:01a PST time, and since there is no way I'll be awake at 3am to watch it (and spoilers will likely be all over everywhere the minute it ends), I'm blowing a vacation day to stay home so I can watch it when I wake up. No way am I gonna risk waiting until I would get home from work to watch it and risk hearing or seeing anything about it. :rofl:

My friend and I talked about this yesterday and having to be on internet blackout next Friday. We agreed to start watching it at the same time Friday night so neither of us is tempted to spoil the other lol. I wish it was playing at more than one theater here. I would have loved to see it on the big screen, but it's only playing in an area of town that I do not frequent at night.

I think I red there's a red carpet premiere on Monday or Tuesday, so those people better keep their mouths shut!

sk8pics

More squeeing Trekkies

For some reason my emojis are not active, so I’ll just say YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I have typically gotten CBS All Access just for a month or so, to binge watch Discovery, but now I may need to watch it during the season, because I don’t think I can wait for several months to watch Picard.

sk8pics

Oh, and I noticed for CBS and NBC shows this year, when I am watching on my DVR, it says it has “smart resume.” So I fast forward and it automatically stops at the end of the commercial break. It’s great!

Jenny

From the Bloc
I started watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix, and Daniel Levy is a revelation. The show is hilarious. I just wish Chris Elliott wasn't on it because I've despised him in every role he's ever played. He makes my skin crawl.

The show just continues to get better each season, but might as well spoil you now, Chris Elliott is a fixture throughout. Not a fan at all either, don't think they needed him, but happily there are enough other fine actors and their characters to make up for him I think.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The show just continues to get better each season, but might as well spoil you now, Chris Elliott is a fixture throughout. Not a fan at all either, don't think they needed him, but happily there are enough other fine actors and their characters to make up for him I think.

After he played such a big role in the first episode I was afraid we would get a lot of him, but I was glad to see that his role was reduced during the next few that I've watched.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday October 13/2019 - Saturday October 19/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows?pv=search

Sunday, October 13
10 p.m. - Inside the Actors Studio Season 23 - Ovation
10 p.m. - WHY WE HATE - Discovery

Monday, October 14
12:01 a.m. PT - Letterkenny Season 7 - Hulu
12:00 a.m. - HIP HOP: THE SONGS THAT SHOOK AMERICA - AMC
10:30 a.m. - Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures Season 3 (Formerly Mickey Mouse and the Roadster Racers) - Disney Channel
9 p.m. - These Woods Are Haunted Season 2 - Travel Channel

Tuesday, October 15
9 p.m. - Arrow Season 8 - The CW
9 p.m. - The Purge Season 2 - USA
10 p.m. - TREADSTONE - USA

Wednesday, October 16
12:01 a.m. PT - Impulse Season 2 - YouTube
12:01 a.m. PT - Rhythm + Flow - Netflix (Eps. 5-7)
9 p.m. - LIMETOWN - Facebook

Friday, October 18
12:01 a.m. PT - Baby Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Meateater Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - LOOKING FOR ALASKA - Hulu (Episodes 101-108)
12:01 a.m. PT - MODERN LOVE - Amazon
12:01 a.m. PT - LIVING WITH YOURSELF - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - La Casa de Las Flores Season 2 - Netflix
8 p.m. - SID & JUDY - Showtime (Special Presentation)
11 p.m. - Comedy Central Stand-Up Presents Season 8 - Comedy Central

Saturday, October 19
8 p.m. - PATSY & LORETTA (TV Movie) - Lifetime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Anemone

Saw that on the news yesterday and :(
The show just won't be the same without him.
I'm sure the show will continue, as The Price is Right has continued with a new host, but it still just won't be the same.
Wonder if they are thinking of offering Ken Jennings or James Holtzhauer the job?

LeafOnTheWind

Is anyone still watching Emergence?

It does try too hard to keep you on the edge of your seat but I'm not hating it. I did have an issue with the last episode.

Why would the robot dog be walking on the table?They clearly had to have the dog on the table because the people were hiding under it but it was such a stupid sequence. There would never be any reason a robot dog would just walk on a table without any reason.

Last edited:

KCC

I'm switching from DirecTV to Dish (to save $55/month) and will lose all of my DVR'd shows in the process. I'm binge watching old shows that are on in the middle of the night. Eventually I'll have to make the move over to the new shows.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I watched a show called The Inbetween on a plane last night and now I'm hooked. I have no idea how to watch it not on the plane though. Hopefully it's on something I can access.

Susan1

I watched a show called The Inbetween on a plane last night and now I'm hooked. I have no idea how to watch it not on the plane though. Hopefully it's on something I can access.
I watched a couple episodes this summer, and I liked it. Then AT&T cancelled our NBC station and I missed the rest of them that I would have been recording. We got NBC back right before the fall season started.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
All their content was from Hulu or NBC. I don't get Hulu but NBC on-demand might have it. I only got through the first 3 shows of the first season before we landed.

Susan1

Funny -on The Rookie, one of the criminals was played by "Detective Ryan" and an undercover cop was played by "Detective Esposito" from Castle. No Kate Beckett though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information