Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Hmm so they counted the loop as a fall and not a step-out...is that a new rule that I missed?

She has wonderful jumps when she hits them but that first fall seemed to suck the life and the choreography out of the rest of the program
She completely sat on the ice on the loop. Are you seeing something different?

Sylvia

TBD
NOTE: Alysa Liu will be performing alongside Mirai Nagasu, Ashley Wagner, and various athletes from across the globe at the Aurora Games where she will be skating to her new Free Program and old Short on the same day. The event can be streamed on CBC Canada and ESPN, but I'm not sure on which branch for the latter. A press conference was recently held and Liu talked about her summer training and working on learning from the older athletes to perform in a more "mature" manner.

Article: https://www.timesunion.com/sports/a...ional-champion-next-up-in-Aurora-14374030.php
In the U.S., the live broadcast this afternoon (1 to 4 pm Eastern time) will be televised on ESPNU and livestreamed for those who can log in with a cable provider (here's the GSD thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/aurora-games-albany-ny-august-24.105367/#post-5621355

sk9tingfan

Alysa Liu will be attempting a 3Lo, 2A, and 3Lz+3T layout for her Short. Her Short will be the same as last year’s.

Link: https://youtu.be/by-MVVe-vB8

Liu’s Free will consist of a 3A+2T, 4Lz, 3A, 3Lo, 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+Eu+3S, and 3F.

Link: https://youtu.be/W7dDtsi1wrw

Unfortunately, there was a major glitch with Alysa's music in the middle of her SP. She was momentarily surprised but continued skating. The layout of the SP has also changed in terms of jump and other content

Carolla5501

I seem to remember some news coverage that says Hanna was advised against tanoing, but she loves it she does them. Or something like that.

Well then I guess she loves coming in off the podium. And I don’t think we should continue to worry about where she finishes. If she’s been given advice and she knows that she can land jumps when she doesn’t do this move and she continues to do it we must assume but this is the result she wants

Carolla5501

YASSSSSS Queeensss.

That can only mean one thing!!!!!

She is at the camp. That’s what it means your assumption of what it means is your assumption. It doesn’t mean anything else besides she got to go to the camp

She may or may not get that spot you think she deserves a skate America, but I don’t think your assumption is valid

Sylvia

TBD
I think this is the article from 2019 Nationals @jlai is remembering: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...ers-notebook-nathan-chen-and-more-from-day-2/
Hanna Harrell, the 15-year-old who sits fifth in Detroit after a clean short program, decided what was good enough for the Russians might be even better for her: All of the jumps in her short, including a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination, are done with both arms overhead.
“Especially after the Olympics, even before that, I would watch the Russians and look up to them,” Harrell said at the U.S. Championships. “I always watch them do two arms above the head.”
Do Alexei Letov and Olga Ganicheva, her coaches in Plano, Texas, encourage her to do this?
“Uh… not necessarily,” Harrell said. “They were like, ‘OK, maybe try it if you can.’ But I wanted to one day be like the Russians, so I drilled all of my triples with two arms over the head, and now that’s how I do them.”
It’s a trait Ganicheva and Letov, married former Soviet Union competitors, have grown to accept.
“Hanna loves to do this,” Ganicheva said. “It’s just her thing. We cannot just take it away from her.”
Looking at the bright side, Letov added, “There’s no deduction for it. It can (bring) more positive GOEs [grades of execution]. What can you do? She will give you everything with arms.”
Well then I guess she [Hanna] loves coming in off the podium. And I don’t think we should continue to worry about where she finishes. If she’s been given advice and she knows that she can land jumps when she doesn’t do this move and she continues to do it we must assume but this is the result she wants
:confused:

I don’t think your assumption is valid. ;)

Carolla5501

I don’t think your assumption is valid. ;)

I think that depends. Was she really told what she needs to do to get better scores and has chosen not to do it. If that is the case then you have to assume that she’s happy with what she’s getting now. If she was not actually told then my assumption is totally wrong

If you were told what you need to do to improve your scores and you choose not to do it then you must be happy with what’s happening now

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
She is at the camp. That’s what it means your assumption of what it means is your assumption. It doesn’t mean anything else besides she got to go to the camp

She may or may not get that spot you think she deserves a skate America, but I don’t think your assumption is valid

Let me enjoy my buzz....

You see a lil bit of joy in someones post and there you are to spray water on it.

Remind me to not invite you to my New Years Eve party.

geesh.

Was Debbie Downer not on SNL tonight or something? Audition for it. Pronto.

Sylvia

TBD

wickedwitch

I haven't particularly enjoyed competitive skates by Mirai in recent years (minus the her SP at 2016 Autumn Classic), but I loved both performances, especially the LP, at Aurora games. Maybe it's because of the lack of 3A or maybe because the stakes are lower or maybe something else entirely, but if she's skating like this, I would love to see her compete again. (Assuming of course that she wants to compete.)

personwhoishere

alexikeguchi

What a badass little lady. So much respect for her pushing the envelope and her own limits :respec:

And the upgrades she has made to her basics and skating skills are so impressive. She really seemed below average in those aspects even within her age group, but she has caught up with a vengeance in such a short time. The panorama fan cam video really demonstrates her improved speed and ice coverage, and she definitely radiates joy and charisma to the cheap seats.:cheer:

natsulian

As Alysa continues to hone her skating skills and jump quality, her jumps will become bigger and she will have even more hang time to make sure she lands clean quads. In the span of a few months, Alysa has made strides in her performance quality and skating skills, but so much more has to be done and I cannot wait to see how she’ll improve as the season progresses. Best of luck to her, Emilia, and Jessica and the rest of the juniors as they compete in Lake Placid.

Also, Polina’s 3Lz+3T: https://twitter.com/Natsu_Lian_/status/1167150614255742976?s=20

Last edited:

natsulian

I may have to host a party for USA Nationals this year...

Im not usually the best at determining but that 3 toe was clearly UR??? Yes?

Good for her for staying at it!!!!!
The 3T was under, but she’s only been practicing the 3Lz+3T for a very short amount of time. She might add the 3-3 by Nationals or next season. Her goal is to get international assignments. Best of luck.

If we get Alysa, Ting, Hanna, Karen, Mariah, Bradie, Gracie, and Pooja at the 2020 Nationals... I might cry. Heck, why not add Mirai on that list and have her attend since she has two competitive programs for Japan Open. Insane group.

Maximillian

RIP TA
Alysa Liu's Free run-through --> https://youtu.be/7VULhhxy4Ks

3A+2T, 4Lz (fully rotated?), 3A, 3Lo / 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+Eu+3S, and 3F

So I finally got around to watching this, as I have been rather indifferent about Liu...and then I watched this and found that I was saying over and over to myself, either, 'Wow, she's really good' or 'Wow, this program is so difficult and she hasn't missed a thing'. Suffice to say, I am impressed.

natsulian

I had a dream that Bradie Tennell landed a 3A at Champ Camps and someone released it online. I hate it when reality strikes hard sometimes. :p

Also, happy birthday to US Ladies Novice Champion Calista Choi. She made her Junior Grand Prix debut in Courchevel and has since become a fan favorite.

Let us appreciate her gorgeous 3Lz:
https://twitter.com/Natsu_Lian_/stat...718685185?s=20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information