From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

So she’s not competing this season?
She has not announced any programmes for this season, or indicated of any plans to skate competitively; she is not named to the team or sub. In her last 2 interviews (within 2 months, and one a very long one for Sports-Express) she is talking about "her competitive skating issues" kind of in "past-tense" (when i skated, when i used to compete, etc.). But no official announcements of retirement so far.

muffinplus

Tinami Amori

Anastasia Shabotova, who recently switched from Rus to Ukr (but still lives in Moscow and trains with Panova) skated at the Ukrainian Test Skate.
(this is unnamed un-published video of her SP. probably will not stay on-line too long).

ChiquitaBanana

Hw
Beautiful feature on Valieva's Girl on the Ball SP

How skating has become a marketing business...

Mad for Skating

I used to quote Madonna a lot in the old days "Men will come and men will go, that's alright with me. "Experience" has made me rich and now they are after me".... :D

However! if you agree with “I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay".... then be prepared: you may have to deal with someone who has the very same attitude and yet completely opposite to you on social or political or skating issues.. ;)

In regards to Stolbova and few others. There is a difference between protecting your interests and being direct about it, and getting over-emotional, offensive, provocative, and "other socially not accepted displays".

"Fusar-Poli look", for example, which female skaters sometimes give their male partners, get noted and often critiqued by all genders, and rightfully so...:lol:

Well, I have no problem with you speaking your opinion even if it isn’t the same as mine, as long as you respect mine. That’s how two strong women communicate.
Obviously, glaring at your partner for his mistakes is not admirable; however, I think one incident is not always an accurate depiction of a long partnership.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, I have no problem with you speaking your opinion even if it isn’t the same as mine, as long as you respect mine. That’s how two strong women communicate.
Obviously, glaring at your partner for his mistakes is not admirable; however, I think one incident is not always an accurate depiction of a long partnership.
I love Stolbova, but there were more than one. :lol: He aborted a lift once in their first year as seniors and I thought she was going to kill him when he dropped her..She and Fedor werr never friendly. They just skated together and neither particularly liked the other, but they didn't have to in order to skate together.

hanca

Values her privacy
I love Stolbova, but there were more than one. :lol: He aborted a lift once in their first year as seniors and I thought she was going to kill him when he dropped her..She and Fedor werr never friendly. They just skated together and neither particularly liked the other, but they didn't have to in order to skate together.
On that occasion, he actually deserved her ‘treatment’. He dropped her from overhead lift. I can see why she would be upset, falling down from two meters on the hard ice. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP4jVEAnt2M

J

Jeschke

On that occasion, he actually deserved her ‘treatment’.
He deserved?
Because he thought today would be a damn fine day to drop good old Ksenia?

I would love to have the same discussion the day a dance guy goes after his girl after she dropped him of a lift.
Not that I thought Susie's reaction was that bad 🤷‍♂️

Let's just hope, Susie does, what she does best, brings the drama. That's the entertainment we wanna see in here besides her great skating.

Side note: How I loved that program for S/K back in thet day. Polovetsian Dances, the costumes, the darker tights, the normal non-slimy hair of Fedor. You could tell they were special.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The lack of a "relationship" between Stol/Klim was part of what made them great. Their Argentine tango was one of the best because they brought that tension. Their programs that were edgy were superb. Pair teams don't have to be making "I love you" faces at each other to be great. Or even "i like you". I can't wait to see what her new partnership brings to the ice. I do think Morosov knows and understands her. I'm hoping TAT's enthusiasm for their programs is well deserved.

C

casken

I would love to have the same discussion the day a dance guy goes after his girl after she dropped him of a lift.
Not that I thought Susie's reaction was that bad 🤷‍♂️

You never saw the infamous footage of Chris Dean chewing out Jane Trorvill to the point of her breaking down and weeping just becuase she couldn't perform a brand new, difficult piece of his choreography immediately on his command?

People were making excuses for him left and right.

J

Jeschke

You never saw the infamous footage of Chris Dean chewing out Jane Trorvill to the point of her breaking down and weeping just becuase she couldn't perform a brand new, difficult piece of his choreography immediately on command?
No had no clue, did not follow back then!
Thanks!

oleada

Ok, I’m worried about Kostiukovich/Ialin and her instagram post is not helping. Split? Injury? Just an emo teen on social media?

hanca

Values her privacy
I don’t want to be a pessimist, but if someone talks about opening a new door and about starting again, it is probably more than just teenage issues. A break up of relationship off ice or on ice would be my guess. Or career ending injury. If it was just a ‘normal’, common injury, it wouldn’t be opening a new door.

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
She posted a photo of her and Ialin together during competition in her Insta story about 1 day ago so I'm assuming her on ice relationship is fine?... I think it might be something off ice, maybe a new relationship as hanca suggested.

hanca

Values her privacy
She posted a photo of her and Ialin together during competition in her Insta story about 1 day ago so I'm assuming her on ice relationship is fine?... I think it might be something off ice, maybe a new relationship as hanca suggested.
On her instagram there is no photo with Ialin from competition posted yesterday. There is the one posted today that Oleada posted here, and the one before was posted 4 weeks ago (just her, not with Ialin).

Gris

不做奴才做公民
On her instagram there is no photo with Ialin from competition posted yesterday. There is the one posted today that Oleada posted here, and the one before was posted 4 weeks ago (just her, not with Ialin).

In her insta story (those which will disappear after 24 hours, need an account to see), not posts

ETA: I made a screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/wtdQaxQ

zebraswan

Photos from the open training session of Stolbova/Novoselov at Novogorsk yesterday. They should be at the test skates...can't wait!

He is starting to look cute to me...to be honest, I didn't think he was attractive enough for Ksenia when they first announced their partnership, but I guess some Ksenia/Morozov voodoo is working. 🤣

edit - more pics here (with watermarks): http://visualrian.ru/story/list_163828228/

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Photos from the open training session of Stolbova/Novoselov at Novogorsk yesterday. They should be at the test skates...can't wait!

He is starting to look cute to me...to be honest, I didn't think he was attractive enough for Ksenia when they first announced their partnership, but I guess some Ksenia/Morozov voodoo is working. 🤣
They look really good. I always thought he was kinda cute. She looks happy. Can’t wait to see them skate! LOL at Morozov’s jacket spelling “Canada” in huge letters :lol:

Tinami Amori

Ok, I’m worried about Kostiukovich/Ialin and her instagram post is not helping. Split? Injury? Just an emo teen on social media?

It is not "off ice" and not about "love or relationship". People ref-ed me to "Velikov's comments in view". Ialin has acute groin and back issues (as of recently); Kostukovich is having a VERY tough time with "puberty and how it affects her and her health".

In Kostukovich's insta, there is a comment from her friend "hold it together and remember that film we watched "Peacefull Warrior". This film is about an athlete with a serious injury; he meets people who help him overcome.

Tuktamysheva is working on 4T
In the interview she said she is not planning to include it in the programmes yet, she is training it on the hand-held longia.

starrynight

I think Tuktamysheva knows better than anyone that being a jumping prodigy at a very young age doesn't always mean everything will be an easy ride. I don't think she will be one to be caught up in the hype of it all. She's seen a bit of water go under the bridge.

Tuktamysheva is very good at just running her own race. She didn't give up with Medvedeva, Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Zagitova or Sotnikova on the scene, and I don't think she will now just because there are other girls. I think she'll do what she's always done and just keep up her own training.

Also kind of interested in the process that Mishin will take in teaching a fully adult lady a quad. It would have to be a different approach to teaching it to a 12 year old child. (And the translation 'quadruple sheepskin coat' will never not be hilarious to me. :biggrinbo

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Stolbova/Novoselov - some fotos from practice (courtesy of @Alez, from another forum).

starrynight

The lack of a "relationship" between Stol/Klim was part of what made them great. Their Argentine tango was one of the best because they brought that tension. Their programs that were edgy were superb. Pair teams don't have to be making "I love you" faces at each other to be great. Or even "i like you". I can't wait to see what her new partnership brings to the ice. I do think Morosov knows and understands her. I'm hoping TAT's enthusiasm for their programs is well deserved.

You might be interested to know that there were a group of (I think younger and newer) fans on other parts of the internet who thought Stolbova/Klimov had great chemistry and were convinced they were an off-ice couple. I actually saw some rather disappointed internet postings from some when the big split happened and it was expressly stated they were not friendly off ice.

I think after the big death stare drama, they did make a big effort to improve their on ice image and it certainly worked on some fans who were newer to the sport/discipline.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You might be interested to know that there were a group of (I think younger and newer) fans on other parts of the internet who thought Stolbova/Klimov had great chemistry and were convinced they were an off-ice couple. I actually saw some rather disappointed internet postings from some when the big split happened and it was expressly stated they were not friendly off ice.

I think after the big death stare drama, they did make a big effort to improve their on ice image and it certainly worked on some fans who were newer to the sport/discipline.
I thought their on ice chemistry was just fine. Most of that so-called chemistry is just acting. Their acting skills improved as they got older and more mature. Lots of pair and dance teams are just good actors.

Mad for Skating

I think Stolbova/Klimov had excellent chemistry. There was a certain magnetic connection between them, like forces of nature. I don’t think chemistry has to be romantic to be interesting. Manta/Johnson had fabulous programs that weren’t centered around romance. Many of Papadakis/Cizeron’s programs aren’t about romance, but they’re beautiful. On the other hand, Tarasova/Morozov were an off-ice couple for years and were always posting cute couple pics, but for me they lack chemistry (no shade towards them; I like them a lot, but they just have a different vibe on the ice).

edit - more pics here (with watermarks): http://visualrian.ru/story/list_163828228/

Beautiful pics! I’m so excited to see them again. It’s weird seeing Ksenia with long hair again, but she looks pretty and happy. Andrei looks fine too, I think it just looked weird at first because he’s not Fedor.

Tuktamysheva is working on 4T

Empress Tuktamysheva for the 2022 Olympic team, you heard it here first!

I must admit, I was one of the young people who got totally drawn into their chemistry. I became a fan in 2014, and there was just a refreshing honesty to their interviews and a magnetic connection on the ice rather than “two people in love”. It was kind of like a romantic comedy where the two people start out hating each other but actually end up being attracted to each other. For me, that was much more exciting than a story where the two lovers never have problems.

I’m a bit older now and I do respect that they don’t talk anymore/aren’t a romantic couple, but I still really admire what they put together on the ice, and although their partnership had its ups and downs, I think they both tried to make it work as well as possible. Also, Sui/Han have a brother/sister dynamic but I think they have great chemistry, so I don’t think you have to be dating to look good together.

And for those who are interested, I have a few cheesy Stolbova/Klimov fanfics stashed in my Google Docs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information