Things You Do That Drive Yourself Crazy

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I've been waiting for a couple of weeks for a business email that might come today or two weeks from today or two months from today or never. What I know about this particular situation is that one of the businesses involved is very slow moving and that the other business doesn't regard this particular deal as a high priority.

Knowing both these things, I check my business email account several times a day, each time building myself up by thinking, well maybe the email will be there, and then suffering a mini-crash when I see nothing has come.

It has occurred to me that I'm not the only person who drives headlong into frustration, so I figured I'd ask you what you do that you know is a waste of time and will more than likely give you a headache from the stress of repeated failure or a stomachache from the self-medication of hot fudge sundaes. :wall:

While I'm waiting for your responses, I'll go check my emails...

Cachoo

I hate that I am never a "dive right in" person. I want to test the waters so to speak. The reason I hate this is because the underlying problem is the fear to pull the trigger on anything new and unknown. The result is procrastination and that is so frustrating.

Rogueskater

I've been waiting for a couple of weeks for a business email that might come today or two weeks from today or two months from today or never. What I know about this particular situation is that one of the businesses involved is very slow moving and that the other business doesn't regard this particular deal as a high priority.

Knowing both these things, I check my business email account several times a day, each time building myself up by thinking, well maybe the email will be there, and then suffering a mini-crash when I see nothing has come.

It has occurred to me that I'm not the only person who drives headlong into frustration, so I figured I'd ask you what you do that you know is a waste of time and will more than likely give you a headache from the stress of repeated failure or a stomachache from the self-medication of hot fudge sundaes. :wall:

While I'm waiting for your responses, I'll go check my emails...
I absolutely agree with you, waiting on someone else’s agenda & timeline is the definition of frustration. I am certain many would agree that waiting for Lake Placid entries to be posted every summer is frustrating. I am so thankful to IDC & Sylvia as well as others who share photos of the entry lists every year. Isn’t there some USFSA rule about posting entries prior to the day of the competitions? Someone more versed in the competition rules probably has the answer to that. Ok sorry, I’m off the soap box now and back to checking my emails...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information