2019-20 GP Selection (19-20 June)

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I'm somehow surprised Hanyu is doing the GP - for some reason I had expected him to not skate in the fall and then maybe retire? Though my other guess is that he wants to match Dick Button for OGMs, so maybe he will keep going.

With Hanyu (and Kihira) at SC I'm glad I got my tickets and my Airbnb...

I think the GP lineup in general looks good this year!

winterchik

Interesting that, according to Lakernik, Jr. World medallists get to pick before everyone else from 4th at Worlds down, when, according to the announcement, they aren't guaranteed any spots and are only listed in the one-event section, and this was an explicit change from being guaranteed one spot in the past :COP:.

Maybe they'll update it this year, or maybe they'll continue to treat the announcement like the paper used to wrap fish and chips.
Lakernik he doesn't know which way is up !!

hanca

Values her privacy
There's only one replacement I'd care about and sadly I don't see it happening unless I convince Sotskova or Sakhanovich it's in their best interest to go do other things. :sekret: Then the RussianFed would just drive a stake into the last shriveled bit of my heart and give the spot to Perkova rather than Gubanova. :drama:
Why would Sakhanovich be less deserving than Gubanova? If Gubanova really wanted to have GP assignment, she could have done three challengers last season and make sure that her scores are high enough. Sakhanovich had higher season best than Gubanova, so as far as I am concerned, Sakhanovich earned her spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information