Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag

I'm sure there is a system, and Kate would have a team. She's probably got a fashion consultant, seamstress, hairdresser and staff who launder/press her clothes and put them away in the proper place. And several attendants whose duties include laying out her clothes and helping her to dress if needed, among other things.

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think it is that many people. Traditionally that would have been the case (Diana has a couple of ladies in waiting, hair stylist, make up person, and a dresser) but I think Kate has a PA (who came from a senior university job so I don’t think she takes care of clothing) a hair stylist, and a fashion stylist, Natasha Archer, who is currently on mat leave but still working a bit here and there. I believe Kate generally does her own make up. I also read in a book written by Charles’ original valet that there is a dry cleaner in the basement of Buckingham Palace.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I would think that a dry cleaner and tailor in the residences would be a necessity. As well as a laundry - although I'm not sure if I'd want someone else to wash my underwear. Maybe I'm wrong and the royals do their own laundry.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Author Jennifer Robson, has written a novel inspired by the women who sewed and embroidered Princess Elizabeth's (now QE-II's) wedding dress after WWII, when austerity measures were in place:
https://ew.com/books/2018/11/20/jennifer-robson-the-gown-royal-wedding/

Barbara Leaming has a fascinating tale to tell... Kathleen (Kick) Kennedy dazzled the young British aristocracy with her bright, effervescent personality when she first took England by storm at a party in April 1938, at Cliveden House (then owned by the Astor family). She eventually became the Marchioness of Hartington (after marrying Billy Hartington, heir to the dukedom of Devonshire -- of the famous Cavendish family). But theirs was a star-crossed romance that ultimately ended in tragedy when he died in WWII. Kathleen herself died four years later in a plane crash at the age of 28. But in the interim, this is a story that encompasses the mystique of a certain time in British history and culture that was waning. The second World War would extinguish those times forever.

Kick Kennedy: The Charmed Life and Tragic Death of the Favorite Kennedy Daughter
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28220833-kick-kennedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIUJn80-onI (the young brunette lady who talks about 'Kick' is her namesake, and the granddaughter of Bobby Kennedy)

https://people.com/books/the-untold...o-died-in-plane-crash-with-her-married-lover/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQjkdtmcEYM An audio interview with Barbara Leaming about her biography of Kick Kennedy -- starts @32:50; the first half is an interesting interview with Michael Schulman about his biography of Meryl Streep

Last edited:

mag

I would think that a dry cleaner and tailor in the residences would be a necessity. As well as a laundry - although I'm not sure if I'd want someone else to wash my underwear. Maybe I'm wrong and the royals do their own laundry.

I think William and Kate are a little more self sufficient than previous generations although I imagine the housekeeper either does the laundry or gets someone to do it. It is reported that Kate does a lot of the family cooking. I am sure Charles has no idea what a washing machine looks like let alone how to use one!

MLIS

I think William and Kate are a little more self sufficient than previous generations although I imagine the housekeeper either does the laundry or gets someone to do it. It is reported that Kate does a lot of the family cooking. I am sure Charles has no idea what a washing machine looks like let alone how to use one!

There is a very funny set of photos/video (which I of course can't find right now) of Kate and Charles together at some event, where they had to iron artwork (on to a tshirt or whatever). Charles left his iron facedown on the ironing board, and Kate wordlessly and subtly reached over and set it upright. He obviously had no idea how to handle it.

MLIS

I think the Swedes in general do a great job of finding that balance between letting their kids be kids and have a private life, and introducing them to their roles and responsibilities in an age appropriate way as they get older. I know they don't have to deal with the paparazzi and public interest the way, say, Kate and William do, so they can control the narrative a lot more themselves, but they release lots of pictures and the kids are clearly comfortable and prepared when they appear in public. Estelle in particular seems really to be being well prepared for her future role, while still being allowed to be a kid. And she clearly is close to and well supported by both parents, and the extended family ... that comes shining through in the photos and appearances. I love that last photo of her with her dad in the link posted above.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I think the Swedes in general do a great job of finding that balance between letting their kids be kids and have a private life, and introducing them to their roles and responsibilities in an age appropriate way as they get older. I know they don't have to deal with the paparazzi and public interest the way, say, Kate and William do, so they can control the narrative a lot more themselves, but they release lots of pictures and the kids are clearly comfortable and prepared when they appear in public. Estelle in particular seems really to be being well prepared for her future role, while still being allowed to be a kid. And she clearly is close to and well supported by both parents, and the extended family ... that comes shining through in the photos and appearances. I love that last photo of her with her dad in the link posted above.

Are you saying that Estelle will be the monarch instead of her little brother? I didn't know that.

MsZem

I see the sea
Are you saying that Estelle will be the monarch instead of her little brother? I didn't know that.
Sweden has absolute primogeniture. That's why Victoria is the crown princess, and not her younger brother Carl-Philip. The change was actually made after C-P was born, so he did start out as the heir apparent.

Here is Estelle's future crown :)

MsZem

I see the sea
At what age will she start wearing it?
The Swedes don't actually wear those crowns, AFAIK. But there are some delightful tiaras in the vaults, such as Princess Madeleine's modern fringe tiara and the amethyst tiara. And of course the cameo tiara makes quite a statement!

ETA: and while I am not a fan of kokoshniks, this was peak princessing by Madeleine.

Estelle will presumably get her first tiara when she turns 18, like Victoria and Madeleine did.

Last edited:

canbelto

Well this answer showed up on my Quora digest today and it is by far the nuttiest royal conspiracy theory. @PDilemma have you heard of this particular one? It is nuttier than Meghan being a man.

Here goes:

, former Former Toyota CRM (1999-2004)
Answered 52m ago
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...a-nanny-from-Norland-College-for-baby-Archie#

It’s highly likely that Markle won’t need a nanny after what’s about to break wide open. She’ll be seeking defense attorneys along with Hillary, Trudeau and several others. Harry’s not off limits here either. She’s still a US citizen and her criminal acts she can’t hide from.
She’s going to be the scapegoat for all the important figures in politics. She has no idea what she’s facing. It’s bad. The UK tried to keep a wrap on things to spin a good outcome for Harry, and to postpone until the Queens vacation and all the big events were over by July, however, it seems that the recent deaths in NY, who were testifying against Hillary and the child traffic scam has put things into overdrive.
I could be misinformed however, I assure there are articles and very in depth description of how she’s involved, why and on who’s behalf. There’s credibility and it has to do with the WIKI emails Hillary destroyed and her on video beating a little boy they took to sell off.
However, I know this sounds too incredible for me to comprehend yet considering 4 people are dead and the details are revealed I wonder if I’m dreaming it all.
I despise Markle and can’t wait for her to be vaporized, I know she’s a Hillary supporter and connected to those involved and was sent to hook up with Harry to get him to reveal RF secrets so they could distract UK voters and they’d vote to stay in the EU, because of the RF scandals that Markle didn’t get and she got in too deep, that the RF found out.
Has anyone else heard anything more about this? I’ve been told and I’ve even posted on here that there was something big happening by next month that would destroy Markle and the RF was desperate to get Harry out of the middle, yet I didn’t know what it was.
Honestly, I am not stating fact here I’m stating genuine confusion. Trump being so nice about what Markle said about him is not Trump. The fact that Mnunich was at the RP celebration with the Queen is telling as Markle has sex with him (documented) for a possible acting role in Horrible Bosses, which she was given a small part in, and he was walking next to Kate during the RF honoring Trump. The Queen seemed quite fond of Trump indeed.
I’d appreciate any information others have to shed light for me.

canbelto

@canbelto That whole thing is written like those scam emails that try to get you to invest in a company or send money to some impoverished prince. Beyond bizarre!

Yeah I love how after accusations that Meghan beat a boy and was involved in the deaths of four people and also had sex with Steve Mnunchin, she'd "appreciate any information others have to shed light for me."

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Well this answer showed up on my Quora digest today and it is by far the nuttiest royal conspiracy theory. @PDilemma have you heard of this particular one? It is nuttier than Meghan being a man.

Here goes:

https://www.quora.com/profile/Sandra-Sylvester-1

Why in the hell would you share this filth? Do you think or want anyone here to believe it? When we click on websites like these we are just supporting crap. These ppl get paid from ad companies for # of clicks.

ballettmaus

It looks 100% green to me. But yes, the Queen is a relatively subdued color this year, while Camilla as well as Autumn Phillips are both wearing colors that really pop.

I saw another photo where it looked more mint than turquoise :p But whatever the color, I think it looks good on her and she looks quite radiant in general. Although, most attendees looked like they were enjoying themselves and not as somber as they often look. (Maybe they're happy they got rid of he-who-shall-not-be-named again ;))

mag

Autumn Phillips always dresses so well. I wish they would give the kids sunglasses or at least sunhats!

ETA: I love the video where Louis whacks Camilla in the hat and she looks annoyed and then she realizes it was Louis and breaks out in a great big smile. The way both she and Charles interact with the kids, it looks like they know them quite well.

MsZem

I see the sea
I love Kate’s hat and find Meghan’s a bit bland and flat. As long as they are both happy that is what counts. Keeps the milliners employed at any rate!
Not a fan of Meghan's look, either - it seems too subdued for a balcony event. She's too pretty to wear such a drab thing! Kate's hat looks a lot like the one she wore to Harry and Meghan's wedding.

Next year Archie gets to join in on the fun, that will be great :)

mag

I will cut Meghan a ton of slack. She had a baby a month ago. I wonder if she now regrets giving Kate only three weeks between the birth of Louis and her wedding? Kate was beyond human to show up at that wedding, put together, smile on her face, two older kids dressed, organized, and well behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information