What Program Have You Rewatched the Most?

Spun Silver

Takahashi, Blues for Klook and his Ex at 2012 Worlds
Shen/Zhao, Turandot (corrected) and Meditation from Thaïs
Davis/White, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Fledermaus
Shibs, Fix You
It's kind of ridiculous in view of her many masterpieces, but my most watched Mao program is an Ex by baby Mao (ca 14-15) to Somewhere Over the Rainbow with her little poodle Aero. I always think it is the best program to iintroduce children to skating, plus I have had red toy poodles myself for the past 25 years. :)
Johnny Weir's Otonal
Sasha Cohen's Rach 2
And this season I rewatched Mariah Bell's SP (To Love You More) I don't know how many times.
Oops, forgot Mishkutenok/Dmitriev Liebestraum

Last edited:

briancoogaert

The most ? Probably Michelle Kwan 1996 Worlds Ex-East of Eden:swoon:

Other possibilities : John Curry 1976 Olys LP and Ex, 1973 Worlds Ex (Grand Pas Classique Raymonda). Janet Lynn 1968 Olys LP. Kurt Browning 1994 Olys LP. G&G 1994 Olys Ex Reverie, Lu Chen 1996 Worlds LP, Vanessa Gusmeroli 2000 LP...

And more recently : Carolina Kostner 2011 LP Afternoon of a Faun, Kevin Aymoz 2019 SP&LP, Papadakis&Cizeron 2016 FD, Yuzuru Hanyu 2018 Olys LP...

Last edited:

vodkashot

6.0 Programs:
Alexander Abt, 2002 Euros LP (Rach No. 2 and 3)
Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, 2002 Olympics SP (Lady Caliph)
Mishkutenok/Dmitriev, 1994 Olympics LP (Rach No. 2)
Michelle Kwan, 2005 US Nationals SP (Spartacus)

IJS Programs:
Stephane Lambiel, 2007 Worlds (Poeta)
Yuzuru Hanyu, 2012 Worlds LP (Romeo and Juliet ver. 1)
Sui/Han, 2017 Worlds LP (Bridge Over Troubled Water)
Papadakis/Cizeron, 2016 Worlds FD (To Build a Home)

briancoogaert

I forgot to mention Stephane Lambiel 2007 Worlds LP ! What a performance !
And Lambiel 2008 Euros Ex (Romeo&Juliet). Wow

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Shibs Fix You (various ones I like the variety)
Hanyu 2017 Worlds LP
Kwan Lyra Angelica (US Nats)
Both of Nathan's programs this past season

Laney

Everything of P/C since 2014/2015. I´m addicted of their sakting.
Stephane Lambiel: Romeo & Juliet and Ne me quitte pas. And many more of his programs, but these two the most.
Carolina Kostner: 2014 and 2018 SP, 2017 LP, 2012 LP
Gordeeva/Grinkow: Vocalise, Moonlight Sonata, 1988 LP, Reverie...
Shen/Zhao: 2003 LP, 2004 LP
Sui/Han: 2017 and 2019 LP
Tanja Szewczenko: 1997 CSF LP

Dobre

Shen & Zhao's Turandot
Grishuk & Platov's Rock Around the Clock and Libertango (and Girls, Girls, Girls quickstep, and Jailhouse Rock OD, I have a whole G&P compilation tape. It has pretty much everything on it post 1991, and I watched it a lot).
Sasha Cohen's Swan Lake from Skate Canada and her SP from her debut Senior Nationals
The Shibs' Fix You from Nationals and their Paradise from the Olympics
Denis Ten's Caruso from 2015 4CCs
Yagudin's Winter from 2002 Olympics (though I rewatch the LP a lot too, especially for the K&C)

I honestly do not know which program I have watched the most, as of course the number of times you rewatch something fluctuates over the years (and based on the need to preserve the quality of one's favorite video tapes and/or the functionality of one's player or based on the deletion of one's favorite version from DVR or on youtube or via the death of ice network;)).

This season, probably McNamara & Carpenter's programs (both from S.A., both from Lake Placid, & the LP from Nationals) and Hiwatashi's SP at Junior Worlds, LP at 4CCs, and K&C from the LP at Junior Worlds, and Nathan's LP from Nationals and Worlds. Rewatched Sui & Han's LP from Worlds and Yelim Kim's initial LP from her first JGP a bunch of times, and Nguyen & Kolesnik's FD from Kaunas and Junior Worlds several also.

Last edited:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Davis & White's 2013 FD at Worlds
Zhiganshina & Gazci's zombie FD at 2013 Worlds
Carolina Kostner's Ave Maria in Sochi
Ashley Wagner's FS at Boston Worlds
Mao Asada's 2014 Olympic FS
Savchenko & Massot's 2018 Olympic FS
Sui & Han's FS from 2019 Worlds

firstflight

I think the performance I have watched the most would be Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds LP. Just everything about it is perfection to me (despite their less-than-perfect positions on lifts exits and such).

For a team as expressive as Sui/Han, I was trying to figure out why their Turandot from last season just never astounded me. I realized tonight while watching their FS performance at this year's worlds, it's because of Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds LP. That has got to be one of the most spontaneously authentic eruptions of joy *during* a performance ever. And no matter what Sui/Han put out on the ice last season, it would always seem clinical/check-off-the-boxes in comparison. It was a no-win situation.

Contrast that to this season, where the same team skates this gripping, emotionally present FS at Worlds. It 'sang' and touched me because there wasn't the shadow of Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds performance over them. Sui/Han's FS at this year's Worlds to me feels like Part 2 of Papadakis/Cizeron's "To Build A Home" FD. They share the "Run" piece, but Sui/Han have made this program their own canvas to mine the emotional depths of the piece in a manner reminiscent of what Papadakis/Cizeron did in 2016. They hold their own with this piece of music.

VGThuy

For a team as expressive as Sui/Han, I was trying to figure out why their Turandot from last season just never astounded me. I realized tonight while watching their FS performance at this year's worlds, it's because of Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds LP. That has got to be one of the most spontaneously authentic eruptions of joy *during* a performance ever. And no matter what Sui/Han put out on the ice last season, it would always seem clinical/check-off-the-boxes in comparison. It was a no-win situation.

Contrast that to this season, where the same team skates this gripping, emotionally present FS at Worlds. It 'sang' and touched me because there wasn't the shadow of Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds performance over them. Sui/Han's FS at this year's Worlds to me feels like Part 2 of Papadakis/Cizeron's "To Build A Home" FD. They share the "Run" piece, but Sui/Han have made this program their own canvas to mine the emotional depths of the piece in a manner reminiscent of what Papadakis/Cizeron did in 2016. They hold their own with this piece of music.

And for both S/Z's 2003 Worlds and S/H's 2019 Worlds LPs, there was that thrilling suspense too because you sort of expected a mistake given Xue Shen's injury right before the skate, and Sui's nagging injuries and usual mistakes. When both teams were just hitting all of their elements, the excitement just grew and grew because the audience had a certain expectation. Plus, both teams had pairs they were competing against that were close to getting gold if they did not perform perfectly as both were coming from behind.

Japanfan

As skating fans, there's always a few skaters/performances that we watch over and over again. I was curious to know what everyone's most watched performance would be. Even though I'm a lifelong Kwan uber and a huge Shibs uber, and me saying pairs is probably my most ignored discipline (not that I ignore but I'm more obsessed with the other disciplines), I think the performance I have watched the most would be Shen/Zhao's 2003 Worlds LP. Just everything about it is perfection to me (despite their less-than-perfect positions on lifts exits and such). A close second would be their 2003-2004 GPF LP to The Nutcracker.

Shen/Zhao 2003 Turandot for me. It was a performance from the soul, and a performance for the ages.

It was transcendent - as if they didn't even have skates on.

S/Z Nutcracker 2004 is another one of my favorites, and more 'perfect' than Turandot in that their Shen slightly underrated one jump in that program. But nothing can compare to Turandot because it was created organically within each individual and based on their connection to/love for each other. I don't think S/Z knew they had that magic within them until they had actually produced it.

Another program I rewatch from time to time is Elvis Stojko 1998 Olympic FS. Elvis had a groin injury and couldn't land the quad, but stayed on his feet and landed all his triples. Then he limped to the podium in his running shoes.

I watch that program if I'm feeling really down and discouraged - it inspires me to fight.

Other programs I rewatch from time to time are:

V&M Valse Triste
V&M Mahler
D&S The Piano (mostly because I just love the music).

Last edited:

Limonite

For me that would be Mishkutenok & Dmitriev's Liebestraum from the '92 Olympics. I have seen that performance so many times! I love it for so many reasons; from the choreography and costumes, to the individual qualities both Natalia & Artur bring to the program: his strength and presence, and her loveliness and flexibility. I lose myself in it every time watch it.

I also like to watch Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze's Lady Caliph from the '02 Olympics (best pairs SP of all time imho), and Michelle Kwan's SP at the '96 worlds.

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

I mostly agree. Mishketunok and Dmitriev's Liebestraum at 1991 worlds to me is the pinnacle of a pair skating program, and one I that re watch often. Passion, creativity flow and two skating as one. S/Z in 2003 was very good but to me can't match Natalia and Artur's performance.

I also re watch the Shibs' Fix You and the Olympics'Paradise, Tai and Randy from 1979; and when I'm in a what might have been mood, Christopher Bowman's 1987 exhibition to Maria. I watch other other skaters' programs as well too many to mention.:cheer2:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Angela Nikodinov "No One Gives Up On Love"

Angela Nikodinov "Just For You"

Sasha Cohen "Dark Eyes"

Sasha Cohen "Sentimental Waltz" (Sweet & Tender Beast)

Nicole Bobek "Dr. Zhivago"

Nicole Bobek "Zorba The Greek"

Kristi Yamaguchi "Dupe Dupe"

Tonya Harding "People Are Still Having Sex" (What can I say?)

Mishkutenok & Dmitriev "Nostalgia"

Kavaguti & Smirnov "Manfred Symphonies"

Michelle Kwan "Song of the Black Swan"

Michelle Kwan "Dante's Prayer"

Torvil & Dean "Face The Music and Dance"

Shizuka Arakawa "Swan Lake" Techno

Oksana Baiul "Carnival of The Animals - The Swan"

-And all this in just one sitting. ANL

Last edited:

bardtoob

Midori Ito 1988 Olympic LP
Midori Ito 1988 Olympic SP
Janet Lynn 1970 Worlds Freeskate
Kira Ivanova 1984 Olympic SP (Yeah, I'm weird! So what!)
David Jenkins 1960 Olympic Freeskate
Michelle Kwan 1998 Nationals SP
Michelle Kwan 1998 Nationals LP
Tonya Harding 1987 NHK SP
Tonya Harding 1985 US Olympic Festival SP

Last edited:

mjb52

M & D's Liebestraum obviously (since I bring up my love for it every few months) but also the Duchesneys' Missing programs. I really love them and like how, despite the sort of rushed circumstances of the second program's creation, it nonetheless feels original and like it has a different tone from the first, not just a re-tread.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Daisuke Takahashi's Blues for Klook.
Yuzuru Hanyu's Seimei (probably the 2015 GPF version)
Kurt Browning's Casablanca
Alexei Yagudin's Man in the Iron Mask
Mao Asada's 2014 Oly FS.

Along with US Nats Lyra Angelica, Sasha’s Malagueña and A/P’s Carmina Burana, I would list all these but somewhat prefer Dai’s Rach2. Oh, and DenkStas masterpiece of a baroque OD.

gk_891

Klimova & Ponomarenko - 1987 Worlds OSP
Klimova & Ponomarenko - 1988 Olympic FD
Gordeeva & Grinkov - 1988 Olympics LP
Midori Ito - 1988 Olympic LP
Midori Ito - 1989 Worlds LP
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev - 1992 Olympics LP
Grishuk & Platov - 1992 Olympic FD
Grishuk & Platov - 1995 Worlds OD
Grishuk & Platov - 1997/1998 Champions Series Final FD
Shen & Zhao - 2003 Worlds LP
Shen & Zhao - 2003/2004 GPF LP
Daisuke Takahashi - 2010 Olympics SP
Yuna Kim - 2010 Olympics LP
Yuna Kim - 2013 Worlds LP

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Akiko Suzuki - Bird
I can't believe this was in 2012!
For me:
Papadakis/Cizeron SD/FD Worlds 2016
Sui/Han FS Words 2019
Nathan Chen FS Nats 2019
Yuzuru Hanyu SP GPF Chopin 2015
Patrick Chan SP Skate Canada Chopin 2015
Yukina Ota SP Skate Canada Japanese dance 2003
Sasha Cohen SP Olympics 2002 and 2006
Michelle Kwan SP Worlds 2003 TFB
Yulia Lipnitskaia FS Skate Canada 2013 SL
Daniil Samsonov SP JNats 2019
Johnny Weir FS Nats 2005 Otonal
Daisuke Takahashi Cyber Swan SP 2007
Rika Kihira FS NHK 2018--this is the one I rewatch the most
Satoko Miyahara SP SKAM 2018
Alena Kostornaia SP GPF 2018
Alena Kostornaia FS JGPF 2017
Mikhail Kolyada SP 2017 CoC Mozart piano concerto
Mao Asada FS Olympics 2014 :wuzrobbed every time during the footwork

Yes, I rewatch a lot of skating :shuffle:

Last edited:

mjb52

Oh yes, Kostornaia's SP for the 2018-2019 season is one I've watched a lot, and so is Shevchenko/Eremenko's FD from the Junior GPFinal in Vancouver.

bcash

Are we having both an over-representation of Canadian fans and younger fans in this thread?

For me (and I believe for many many skating fans of my generation) the answer has got to be any number of Michelle Kwan’s 95-04 programs.

Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze 2002 SP/LP and 1999 LP come close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information