2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

Loving Fosse/Verdon so far. I predict a lot of Chicago, Sweet Charity, and Cabaret RDs next season.

Tonight's episode nearly destroyed me. My God...I read that 750+ page Fosse biography this series is based on AND read and watched everything I thought existed out there on Gwen Verdon, but I did not know her first marriage started out like that.

Give Michelle Williams all of the awards. She is giving a masterclass in acting. I feel like actors have a new accent now...Williams doing Gwen Verdon.

watchthis!!

Disappointed that Love Connection has been cancelled. Andy Cohen did a great job hosting, keeping things sweet and kind whereas I remember the previous incarnation of the show being kind of nasty.

Preacher I've only seen on DVD, but I've watched two seasons and enjoyed them. Too bad season four will be the last. :(

Susan1

I don't know who else cares, but Friday Night Lights is starting up on the Longhorn channel on May 3. It's 3-4 episodes in a row on Fridays and Saturdays. I hope they get through every season. I was recording it (again) on some movie channel (no commercials!) when I had U300, but it went away when I downgraded.

I still have most of the episodes of All American in my DVR. I lost interest after the first couple - because it wasn't Friday Night Lights. I think I'll just delete them now.
AARRGGHH - I was checking my list to see what I had scheduled to record and FNL is not on there starting 5/3. I went to the LHN channel and where FNL was, it says "to be announced". There isn't one shown till Monday, the 6th. AACCKK!!!! I have it "series scheduled" for whenever it comes on, so we'll see. I wanted to be able to binge watch three in a row or something all summer.

Which reminds me, The Fix - nobody else said they were watching it? I'm DVRing it and then watching two at a time. I can't stop at one and I don't want to run out if I watch three. And I think it's one of those limited series things. Or they'll cancel it next week because I am the only one watching it!

BaileyCatts

..... Which reminds me, The Fix - nobody else said they were watching it? I'm DVRing it and then watching two at a time. I can't stop at one and I don't want to run out if I watch three. And I think it's one of those limited series things. Or they'll cancel it next week because I am the only one watching it!

I watch The Fix. Its a pretty good story. Yes, it is only a limited series, 10 episodes I think on this story about Sevy Johnson. If it does end up coming back, it would be a new crime the story follows. I don't know if that is the plan or not though. If it gets good ratings, they might come up with a new story to follow. They gotta have something to put on to fill the time slots. :lol:

Susan1

I watch The Fix. Its a pretty good story. Yes, it is only a limited series, 10 episodes I think on this story about Sevy Johnson. If it does end up coming back, it would be a new crime the story follows. I don't know if that is the plan or not though. If it gets good ratings, they might come up with a new story to follow. They gotta have something to put on to fill the time slots. :lol:
If it does come back with a new crime, at least they won't have a sour faced detective showing up at a suspect's front door. Whatever that was called, I gave up on the second "season" after a couple shows.

I like Proven Innocent too. They have a new case every week, which you know they are going to win. (Oh, my, I hope that wasn't a spoiler! :) ) I'm more interested in who murdered Rosemary, but they can't drag that into a second season.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 28/2019 - Saturday May 04/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, April 28
8 p.m. - THE RED LINE - CBS (Two-Hour Series Premiere)
9 p.m. - Deep State Season 2 - EPIX

Monday, April 29
8 p.m. - THE SHOW MUST GO ON: THE QUEEN & ADAM LAMBERT STORY - ABC (Two-Hour Special Presentation)

Tuesday, April 30
9 p.m. - The 100 Season 6 - The CW

Wednesday, May 1
11 p.m. - THE NAME OF THE ROSE - Sundance

Thursday, May 2
8 p.m. - iZombie Season 5 - The CW

Friday, May 3
12:01 a.m. PT - DEAD TO ME - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - TUCA & BERTIE - Netflix

Saturday, May 4
12:00 a.m. - Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell Season 4 - Adult Swim

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Susan1

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 28/2019 - Saturday May 04/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows
My DVR shows When Calls the Heart back NEXT Sunday. The description is of the one that the didn't show right after Loughlin got in trouble. The descriptions aren't always right in the first place, but I wonder if they've made new ones without Mayor Abigail already. And another episode on that Monday. Weird.

Susan1

My DVR shows When Calls the Heart back NEXT Sunday. The description is of the one that the didn't show right after Loughlin got in trouble. The descriptions aren't always right in the first place, but I wonder if they've made new ones without Mayor Abigail already. And another episode on that Monday. Weird.

Looked it up -
"Hallmark Channel announced Wednesday that its signature frontier drama will return on Sunday, May 5 at 8 p.m. In what’s being billed as a two-night event, a new episode will air on Monday, May 6 as well, and then the show will return to its normal Sunday slot. When Calls the Heart has been absent from the schedule since mid-March, when it was suddenly pulled from the schedule, mere hours after the network severed all ties with Lori Loughlin over the college admissions cheating scandal. At the time, the network announced that it was evaluating “all creative options” for the show.
As EW reported at the time, a likely option was to remove Loughlin’s character, Abigail, a key figure who is the Mayor of Hope Valley, from the rest of the episodes in season 6. (Cancellation was not one of the scenarios discussed, especially given that When Calls the Heart is the network’s top-rated original series and longest-running.) And that Loughlin-less scenario has come to pass. The remaining season 6 installments have been re-edited in such a manner that removes any appearances by Loughlin, a source close to the show tells EW.
Removing Loughlin from the majority of the season required some highly creative editing, as well as some minor reshoots. As a result, one fewer episode will be offered in season 6, which means viewers will receive six episodes instead of seven. (Three episodes from season 6 aired prior to the unplanned hiatus, and the first proved to be the highest-rated premiere in Hallmark history, netting 3.6 million viewers in Live+3, ranking behind only The Walking Dead for the week.)"

Susan1

Thanks for the info @Susan1 - that's interesting and I wonder how well the narrative will hold together.
I forget from the end of one season to the next what's going on (who died, who ws moving, who's that new person.......), so maybe it will be like that. It's been about a month already.

Susan1

:wall:
I don't remember the crime at all, but someone mentioned it in the Miamisburg group on FB a month ago and I forgot about it. Then I was flipping channels last night and saw a Miamisburg police car on the screen! Oh yeah, that episode of Snapped I was supposed to watch, so I found it on again next Saturday at 3 p.m. and set it to record. I've never watched Snapped, but thank you, Oxygen, for rerunning these over and over and over.

https://www.dayton.com/news/crime--...featured-show-snapped/dVazw1RqG5W53hb5t8L6jJ/
If I messed up the time it's on, it's the Pandora Zan episode. You would think an unusual name like that would have stuck in my mind, but no. :)

I recorded it Saturday and went to watch it Sunday and it was a different program altogether - Murder, Accident or Suicide or a different order of those words. Man! I checked the Snapped website. It's "supposed" to be on Friday, May 3 at 3 p.m. DVRing again.............
AARRGGHH - I was checking my list to see what I had scheduled to record and FNL is not on there starting 5/3. I went to the LHN channel and where FNL was, it says "to be announced". There isn't one shown till Monday, the 6th. AACCKK!!!! I have it "series scheduled" for whenever it comes on, so we'll see. I wanted to be able to binge watch three in a row or something all summer.

:wall: There are no Friday Night Lights listed for the Longhorn channel (or any channel) at all now. :wuzrobbed

manhn

Michelle Williams is a goddess of acting, loving her.

Whiskey Cavalier is getting so good. The cast is really gelling and the humour is on point. Susan is my favourite.

love skating

Clueless American
I agree about Michelle Williams - I feel like I don't even recognize her in the part - she's so far into the role that I don't see Michelle at all, only Gwen!

On another note I just read that Wrecked on TBS has been cancelled... I really loved that show - so funny. I guess I should be happy it got 3 seasons since it wasn't a big hit or anything. I'm sad - I was actually looking up info to find a date for when the next season was starting and found the cancellation news.

manhn

Like with amateur and professional skaters, the distinction between film and tv actors is essentially nonexistent. Michelle Williams, her costar Sam Rockwell, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Matthew McConoughey, Mahershela Ali, Julia Roberts, Emma Stone, Jonah Hill...the list goes on.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 05/2019 - Saturday May 11/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...le-premiere-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, May 5
8 p.m. - Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar Season 4 - AXS TV
8 p.m. - When Calls The Heart - Hallmark
8 p.m. - THE SPANISH PRINCESS - Starx
9 p.m. - The Real Housewives of Potomac Season 5 - Bravo

Monday, May 6
5 p.m. - STATE OF THE UNION - Sundance Now (Streaming Premiere)
9 p.m. - CHERNOBYL (Miniseries) - HBO
10 p.m. - STATE OF THE UNION - Sundance (Linear TV Premiere)

Thursday, May 9
8 p.m. - PARADISE HOTEL - Fox
10:30 p.m. - KLEPPER - Comedy Central

Friday, May 10
12:01 a.m. PT - Easy Season 3 - Netflix
8 p.m. - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6 - ABC
9 p.m. - WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN - Showtime

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict

Have you heard what they are doing with "Good Witch" Season 5. It was listed in that time slot also.

ETA: Just looked it up. "Good Witch" Season 5 will premiere on June 09/2019 instead.
https://releasedatetv.com/good-witch-season-5-hallmark-channel-premiere-date-release-date/

Last edited:

Susan1

Have you heard what they are doing with "Good Witch" Season 5. It was listed in that time slot also.

ETA: Just looked it up. "Good Witch" Season 5 will premiere on June 09/2019 instead.
https://releasedatetv.com/good-witch-season-5-hallmark-channel-premiere-date-release-date/
I should have started watching the Good Witch movies when the first one came out. I don't think about it till they show them back-to-back-to-back..... on one day. Now it's too late to catch up.

Japanfan

June 5: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), three episodes, with ten more to follow weekly.

From what I see in the trailer, there is revolution in the works! Not putting this in a spoiler, as we all know it is coming and are looking forward to it.

They should never have given us uniforms, if they didn't want us to be an army.

Time for women to rise up! :gallopin1

Last edited:

watchthis!!

Fosse/Verdon is the show Michelle Williams is in. It airs on FX. Michelle Williams has done Broadway as well as film and TV. I would bet money a decent amount of people still remember her from Dawson's Creek though.

Thanks, I just have basic cable. I had no idea Michelle Williams had gone back to TV. Sounds like an interesting show. I just found the post confusing because I don't remember anyone having posted anything about Fosse/Verdon. So when Michelle Williams was mentioned with no reference to the show, I thought for a second that maybe the Destiny's Child singer was moving into acting? :lol: But I'm strange for Michelle Williams to be my favourite when everyone else would pick Beyoncé or Kelly Rowland. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Williams_(singer)

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I don't get HBO, so I'm hoping that the miniseries Chernobyl will come out on DVD. In spite of the lack of Russian accents, from what I've seen from previews, it will be powerful.

Yehudi

AITA
For all fans of the Tudors, the Spanish Princess premieres tomorrow on Starz. It’s about Catherine of Aragon’s early years in England. It’s also based on a Philippa Gregory book so your mileage may vary.

VGThuy

For all fans of the Tudors, the Spanish Princess premieres tomorrow on Starz. It’s about Catherine of Aragon’s early years in England. It’s also based on a Philippa Gregory book so your mileage may vary.

I remember watching Starz' adaptation of her White Princess novel. It was entertaining enough and what a coup to get Janet McTeer, but it was sort of strange with all the witchcraft and such. I did some research afterwards and it seems Gregory really had a thing for Richard III and wanted to rehabilitate his image or something, which is fair considering the number Shakespeare did on him.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 12/2019 - Saturday May 18/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...le-premiere-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, May 12
8 p.m. - Our Cartoon President Season 2 - Showtime

Monday, May 13
12:01 a.m. - L.A.'S FINEST - Spectrum (Episodes 1-3 Available)
8 p.m. - The Bachelorette Season 15 - ABC
9 p.m. - Paradise Hotel - Fox (Time Slot Premiere)

Wednesday, May 15
8 p.m. - Southern Charm Season 6 - Bravo

Friday, May 17
12:01 a.m. - CATCH-22 - Hulu
12:01 a.m. - Fleabag Season 2 - Amazon
12:01 a.m. - Rain Season 2 - Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information