2019 World Team Trophy Men's SP

jlai

Question everything
the scores of the US men are a bit high compared to the rest but that doesn't matter in team points.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I love Grassl if for no other reason he made Rizzo get his act together. Italy has a nice future for its men's skating. Good since without Kostner, the ladies are in pitiful shape. As usual. Vale could come back and skate singles and go to the Olympics if she wants.

I'm holding on to hope for Lucrezia Beccari. That girl has potential.

Colonel Green

Samarin may have completely sunk Russia’s shot at gold there, though there’s still Tanaka’s free skate for Japan and the ladies’ frees for the USA.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Samarin may have completely sunk Russia’s shot at gold there, though there’s still Tanaka’s free skate for Japan and the ladies’ frees for the USA.

That is why I made the comment that Russia’s men are pathetic. Even though LAZUKIN was not bad, it takes just one to sink the whole team, and these two were their best men. I am not sure that Kolyada would have done better, but he probably would not have placed last. Russia just does not have depth in men.

Japan can’t win gold, given the pairs and ice dance situation. They are likely to finish last in those. Even if their ladies finish 1-2, they cannot make up the difference but they may be able to win the silver. USA men will be again 1-2 or 1-3. That score is unbeatable.

USA is a lock for gold now. Mathematically there is no way Russia can make up the difference, even if their pair places first and ice dance second. There is just one of each, and USA ice dance is very strong. USA ladies are competitive with Russia’s in this field. CAIN and Leduc are at least respectable (5-6).

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Vash - you speak with such authority. I am impressed. I can't even figure out the system......my eyes start to cross half way through.

kittyjake5

OK what the heck is going on with Shoma not landing his jumps. I believe his ankle is healed as he was landing beautiful
jumps in practice. He changes his SP for reasons unknown (afaik he has not commented on why the change )
It is like he has a mental block when it is time to compete.
Me thinks he may be a little burnt out. Hoping he has a better outing in the FS.

Tinami Amori

Chen and Uno are the highlights for me :inavoid:

Nathan really danced away in the opening steps..:rockstar: don't mind if he keeps this SP for next season, minus the vest, which makes him look like a 6-year old going to an obligatory piano recital after eating two bowls of mashed potatoes.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I'm glad Vincent did the jumps but his spins and footwork were labored and slow. I don't get all the praise on improvement and this is coming from a fan of him. He has skated this program better this season but he got some downgrades previously.

A.H.Black

Nathan really danced away in the opening steps..:rockstar: don't mind if he keeps this SP for next season, minus the vest, which makes him look like a 6-year old going to an obligatory piano recital after eating two bowls of mashed potatoes.
I like the vest better than the white bib costume. However, I don't care what he wears as long as he skates.

CaliSteve

Nathan is tired and well he should be, but Zhou has a new life. His time in Japan has been well spent. Hope he keeps that going forward.

It would be nice if Mie can just take over as Vince's coach.

He deserved to be in second but some of those scores were inflated.

CaliSteve

I'm glad Vincent did the jumps but his spins and footwork were labored and slow. I don't get all the praise on improvement and this is coming from a fan of him. He has skated this program better this season but he got some downgrades previously.

When you compare him to previous seasons, its a noticeable improvement. I agree he really needs to work on components.

CaliSteve

Nathan's other shirt must have been in the laundry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information