tamms

I hope to see Kaori on the World podium some point in her career. She definitely has the potential.

She is training for the 3A and I’m pretty sure I read in a Japanese article that her coaches may want her to train for a quad too. Secretly hoping it’s the quad loop because her triple is a beauty, but I’ll take whatever from her.

Zazy

I hope to see Kaori on the World podium some point in her career. She definitely has the potential.

I thought she deserved to be there this year.

She made great strides this season and, to me, is arguably the best skater in the current field.
And she still has so much room to grow, which is exciting. I'll definitely be rooting for her.

kwanatic

Had the PCS been scored fairly both she and Rika would have medaled. I was very happy for both Lil Bet and Evgenia for skating well but I'd argue that both were overscored in the PCS department. Given how close the scores were, an extra point or two made the difference in the standings.

She's an amazing skater with a lot of room to grow. She just needs to work on staying focused 100% of the program. At her past two competitions she's missed out on a medal due to one error.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Now her season has finished. Here are her season's bests.
SP: 76.95 (4th below Kihira, Zag, Tuk)
FS: 146.70 (9th below Zag, Kihira, Tuk, Tennell, Tursova, Med, Tursy, Shcher)
TOTAL: 223.65 (7th below Zag, Tuk, Tenell, Tursy, Med)

She struggled a bit with her FS in the second half of the season and left some points on the table.

Here are videos of her final performance of this season (at WTT). The second half of her The Piano FS gave me chills. I found her lines got a lot prettier/polished toward the end of the season (especially it's obvious in her SP where she hold her lines longer.)
SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekNWDpoIL4
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rI-ns75_zw

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
It's announced she'll work on her SP with Bourne. So, no, the EX number I posted above will not be used as her competitive program. (That said, she can reconsider if Bourne's SP is not as good as expected. :p)
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/04/16/0012247664.shtml

This article also says her FS for next season is Richaud's. I don't know it's a new program or she'll continue, tho. (Maybe a new one.)

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks for the article with choreographers info, @rosewood! Do you happen to know if Richaud choreographed her new EX to JIN by Tsukuyomi?

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
I heard Kaori's lady-ninja EX was choreographed by Misao Sato (佐藤操), but couldn't find the source on net. Sato has choreographed many interesting programs for Japanese intl/national level skaters, so I think probably it's correct. (but can't prove) @Sylvia
____

Here is a glimpse of Kaori's new FS to Matrix OST revealed during the national camp. Looks a powerful & dynamic program.
Kaori: [Last season] I could get much better scores for skating skills than before. I want to keep working hard on SS this season too.

I found the motif for all of her three programs for this season is a spy! (In SP she hit a pistol, in FS she's a spy in Matrix, in EX she is a ninja (=Japanese spy) who battles with a sword.) :lol: I wonder which spy is the most attractive, Bourne's or Richaud's or Sato's? :D

A photo from the FS

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Some more updates from the national camp:

These articles say the priority at this point is working on FS over getting 3A in her arsenal. Kaori said the choreography of the new FS is difficult. She's working on 3A but at this point she focuses on learning FS. She watches Midori's 3A a lot on her phone every day, but the consistency on 3A is still not good. She said "I'm mixed up in my head!"

photos

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Some more updates from the national camp:

These articles say the priority at this point is working on FS over getting 3A in her arsenal. Kaori said the choreography of the new FS is difficult. She's working on 3A but at this point she focuses on learning FS. She watches Midori's 3A a lot on her phone every day, but the consistency on 3A is still not good. She said "I'm mixed up in my head!"

photos

Your head is a bad place in which to be mixed up. I know from experience. In AA they say "Your mind is a dangerous neighborhood for you to hang out"

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Her new SP to No Roots choreographed by Shae-Lynn from THE ICE in Osaka. Looks she's getting into good shape.

Can't wait to see her new FS to Matrix. THE ICE Aichi show will be aired on Aug 5th. I wish they'll show her FS. She plans to participate in a local show Gensan Summer Cup in Aug as well.

Zazy

Her new SP to No Roots choreographed by Shae-Lynn from THE ICE in Osaka. Looks she's getting into good shape.

Can't wait to see her new FS to Matrix. THE ICE Aichi show will be aired on Aug 5th. I wish they'll show her FS. She plans to participate in a local show Gensan Summer Cup in Aug as well.

Thank you for posting the link. Right now she looks uncomfortable with the program but I hope it ends up working for her. It's nice to see her branching out.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
I'm so much heart broken about Kaori's trajectory of this season. :cry:

She entered to a university this past spring. She's not with her good friend Kagoya any more with whom she competed at Inter-high-school Championships as a team last season. Mai Mihara is not in Coach Nakano's home rink this season, either. And above all it looks she's been struggling with burnout syndrome after Olys. Last season she managed to put things together at Nats but made a costly mistake at Saitama Worlds.

This season Eteri's 3As came up to Sr field. Kaori skated in the same GP event with two quad jumpers of them, Trusova and Shcherbakova, in fall. She said she can't imagine to be on the competitive level against those quad jumpers. Coach Nakano said Kaori, as a uni student, is not a kid any more. Nakano gives her a room to decide things by herself. She said something like "Kaori is not as a little kid as I think. Kaori is not as an grown-up adult as Kaori thinks." It must be a difficult period to deal with for both Kaori and Coach Nakano.

All in all, I'm giving up my hope for Kaori's redemption in this season. That said, I wish I'll find a sign of her redemption in 4CC at least. Please!

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

With Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, and Trusova dominating the international senior circuit this season, I am sure a lot of the skaters are thinking the same thing. For the moment unless one of them makes a costly mistake, these three will dominate the European and World podium.

Higuchi struggled last year, and sadly, it is Sakamoto's turn this season. Here's hoping she decides what is best for her moving forward.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
4T attempt from Kaori during today's official practice. Looks 2fted and underrotated, tho.

She said she started working on 4T from the 7th January. Considering the very short term, 4T can be more promising than 3A for her. Seems 4T gave her motivations for training. Wish she'll make sorta 4T< or 4T(fall but rotated) at least in 4CC. Go Kaori! :cheer:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
4T attempt from Kaori during today's official practice. Looks 2fted and underrotated, tho.

She said she started working on 4T from the 7th January. Considering the very short term, 4T can be more promising than 3A for her. Seems 4T gave her motivations for training. Wish she'll make sorta 4T< or 4T(fall but rotated) at least in 4CC. Go Kaori! :cheer:

Get it girl, now that Osmond is retired she is the best jumper in the business if you ask me

All those Russian chicks who barely get 5 inches off the ground can step back please LOL

😱🤷🏻‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️👩🏽‍🔧

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177

Professional camera (from 0:48 time mark)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Get it girl, now that Osmond is retired she is the best jumper in the business if you ask me

All those Russian chicks who barely get 5 inches off the ground can step back please LOL

😱🤷🏻‍♂️🤸🏼‍♂️👩🏽‍🔧

Those “Russian chicks” are able to consistently rotate 4 times. I didn’t know that Kostornaia jumped only 5 inches off the ice. Did you ever watch her skate? There is a reason these girls are winning. They deliver when it counts. Kaori is hit or miss on even triple jumps.

Oops! Just saw this is Kaori’s cheer thread. Apologies. No need to slam the talented Russian ladies though.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Love love loved this fan cam of Kaori's SP at 4CC. Her speed, smooth & deep edge works, power, and energy of her performance were magnificent! Happy that Kaori is recovering her love for skating. 🤩

Watching the fancam together with the I-stats data can even add more thrills. :rollin:(blue=slow, orange=fast, the number on the bottom is the top speed) It shows she maintained her wonderful speed into and out of jumps as well as her trajectories are difficult to control her body valance during TRs etc. The rink coverage was great too. I bet the crowd were impressed by her skating in person.
(source)

She tend to make mistakes on 3Lo (which is her strongest jump) this season. Her axis was not straight on the take off yesterday. I wish she'll fix it in FS. I also wish she'll attempt the 4T in FS. 4T(fall but rotated) or 4T<(under-rotated but stood) can be an achievement for her at this point if she can keep her focus during the rest of the program. I expect it will lead her to maintaining better motivation during the off-season. Enjoy your skating in FS, Kaori! :cheer:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Those “Russian chicks” are able to consistently rotate 4 times. I didn’t know that Kostornaia jumped only 5 inches off the ice. Did you ever watch her skate? There is a reason these girls are winning. They deliver when it counts. Kaori is hit or miss on even triple jumps.

Oops! Just saw this is Kaori’s cheer thread. Apologies. No need to slam the talented Russian ladies though.

Not sorry for nothing here. The amazing jumpers are Osmond, Daleman, Kaori, Wakaba etc and should truly be rewarded on GOE more than say Zag, Anna, Med and The Trusova.

I prefer meaty jumpers ala Harding and Ito and Kaori. Powerful jumps, distance covered across the ice and mega-flow out should be rewarded more imo not flailing arms over the head and standstills when landing the jump.

And that’s not slamming. Just because you adore Russian women skaters and that’s fine and dandy, if I make a comment that I don’t think their jumps are as amazing as Kaori, as I am in her cheer thread, I can say that without you interpreting that as slamming.

Slamming? Good thing you don’t watch NFL or the Super Bowl with me. You would’ve clutched your pearls if you heard what I was saying about Kansas City.

If I say it’s raining outside it doesn’t mean I’m slamming the sky.

🕺🏽🕺🏽

As far as Kost yeah we can remove her from the conversation she’s amazing with her height. But I was in the middle of purchasing some grey goose when I made that original comment and was short on time!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Not sorry for nothing here. The amazing jumpers are Osmond, Daleman, Kaori, Wakaba etc and should truly be rewarded on GOE more than say Zag, Anna, Med and The Trusova.

I prefer meaty jumpers ala Harding and Ito and Kaori. Powerful jumps, distance covered across the ice and mega-flow out should be rewarded more imo not flailing arms over the head and standstills when landing the jump.

And that’s not slamming. Just because you adore Russian women skaters and that’s fine and dandy, if I make a comment that I don’t think their jumps are as amazing as Kaori, as I am in her cheer thread, I can say that without you interpreting that as slamming.

Slamming? Good thing you don’t watch NFL or the Super Bowl with me. You would’ve clutched your pearls if you heard what I was saying about Kansas City.

If I say it’s raining outside it doesn’t mean I’m slamming the sky.

🕺🏽🕺🏽

As far as Kost yeah we can remove her from the conversation she’s amazing with her height. But I was in the middle of purchasing some grey goose when I made that original comment and was short on time!

I don’t wear pearls and I am an avid fan of football so no need to drag me into your biased opinions. So Kostornaia gets a pass from you but those who can land jumps that even men cannot are disrespected by you.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I don’t wear pearls and I am an avid fan of football so no need to drag me into your biased opinions. So Kostornaia gets a pass from you but those who can land jumps that even men cannot are disrespected by you. You belong on my ignore list.

Listen up toots. No one said they can’t land jumps So leave your Donald Trump fake news drama in the garbage. I just don’t appreciate the smaller jumps. I know you’re a mega mega mega Russian ladies fan so this is gonna send you out your window. But guess what Honey bunny there are other people on the planet that appreciate other Skaters techniques.

And yes if someone said Angela Nikodinov had problems with her jumps I’m not gonna say stop bashing Angela. Because guess what Honey at times she had problems with her jumps.

This is the Kaori fan thread so if you wanna continue with PM me but not on housewives nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information