#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Are you serious?? :rofl:

Yup!

Matteo Rizzo will debut a new FS for the European Championships to a Queen medley: “Bohemian Rapsody“, “Love on my life” and “Don’t stop me now“. He aims at a top 5 finish.

Link

Although he clearly needs to explore a little bit more range with his musical selections :p -- I do think this has the potential to be a huge upgrade over his last two LPs. Ending with Don't Stop Me Now is a great choice, I'm not sure why it's almost never used in Queen medleys. So good.

J

Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Edited
Never fear, Bossman, you have a Park fan in me! I met her a few years ago - we couldn't talk much because of the language barrier
of the pacifier in your mouth! 👶🏼

I loved getting to see her skate live. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get a picture! She is soooooooo elegant and her spins are beautiful
I agree. Saw her live at Nebelhorn and she was sublime and just absolutely beautiful.

I still think she was robbed of 4CC bronze in 2016, with all due respect to Rika Hongo.
Run for cover, @alchemy void is somewhere in here!

If you ever wanna gush about Soyoun, my PM is always open :D
Call me when you're ready for Samarin gushing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

I'm thinking Rizzo is feeling the heat from his younger colleague. He's been complacent as ITA's only one and all of a sudden there are hungry eyes following him. I'm like @levineismine in that I'll be more impressed if he lands the 4T.
He thinks having a new program will take all the attention away from the fact that there's no quad landed? ;)

J

Jeschke

Bossman week previev:

🇨🇦
- Will Orzel make it to junior worlds? For me, he has the potential to win this shit (junior worlds) but is :gallopin1 enough to manage to even qualify :drama:
- Can we dare to hope, that either Elvis or Romsky can outskate Nam for the worlds spot) (is the worlds spot even decided here or is there a skate-off at 4CC's); my dream would be both making it to 4CC's, but I am a hopeless case as we know :D
- The suspense about Gabby's return keeps me interested
- Funnily, I have Chartrand 2nd in my predix, what redemption that would be for her making it back to worlds.
- Pairs no interest at at all, dance, I hope for some drama around the #1 and #3 battle.

🇪🇺
Men:
- My predix were Javi, Kovtun, Samarin in that order :40beers:
- the suspense with the 2 RUS trainwrecks skating :watch:
- Brezina on his final ride with the 🚂 ? :watch:
- Rizzo vs Grassl for worlds :watch:

Ladies:
- Boss predix: Alina, Sofia#2, The-Stasia-Girl
- The suspense amongst the battle of the RUS ladies :watch: I just hope all skates lights out and none wins a medal with a medicore performance.
- Schott for 2 spots 🙏🏼
- All can happen here inside Top15, so I am really looking forward to this OES-deluxe-event :encore:

Pairs:
- Boss predix: J/C, T/M, B/K
- Can DellaMonica/Guarise crash in? :watch:
- Hope P/K give B/K a good run for their money

Dance:
- Boss predix: P/C, S/K, S/B
- where will E/B place? :watch:
- 🇪🇸 worlds battle :watch: #teammonko
- Can G/F manage to medal again? :watch:

Overall:
Hope @Ka3sha @taz'smum @morqet having a good time there!
Cheer for our folks and behave! 👆🏼🍺

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Interesting men's podium prediction.I'm not sure the 3 medal placements aren't a total wildcard. Javi hasn't competed all season, and let's face it, even if only one skater is offically on TTW, all of them are are equally unpredictable. The theme song for the event could be Crazy Train

Ka3sha

Bossman week previev:

🇨🇦
dance, I hope for some drama around the #1 and #3 battle.
I hope that there won't be any battle for bronze and F-B/S will easily get it.
Am happy for them skating for Canada now, but they will be missed at Europeans :yawn:

🇪🇺
Men:
- My predix were Javi, Kovtun, Samarin in that order :40beers:
:scream::scream::scream:
- the suspense with the 2 RUS trainwrecks skating :watch:
- Brezina on his final ride with the 🚂 ? :watch:
There's a dilemma: I want Javi to medal at the last start of his career; I want Michal to win at least bronze and I also want both Kolyada and Kovtun to do well and medal....
So I can just hope that the boys will deliver (ha ha, naive me) and that the judging will be more or less fair

- Rizzo vs Grassl for worlds :watch:
#teamrizzo

Ladies:
- Boss predix: Alina, Sofia#2, The-Stasia-Girl
- The suspense amongst the battle of the RUS ladies :watch: I just hope all skates lights out and none wins a medal with a medicore performance.
Agree, but I want Stasia to surprisingly :kickass: and take her spot on the worlds team despite all the haters :biggrinbo

Pairs:
- Boss predix: J/C, T/M, B/K
- Can DellaMonica/Guarise crash in? :watch:
I am rooting for B/K (and they should medal if both stay on their feet), but actually believe that DM/G have pretty good chance to take bronze: they are a more experienced team and both B/K and P/K can make mistakes skating under pressure

Dance:
- Boss predix: P/C, S/K, S/B
Agree, but I would be happy to see G/F take bronze against S/B..

- 🇪🇸 worlds battle :watch: #teammonko
#teammonko, obviously
I luuurve their FD :swoon::swoon::swoon:

Overall:
Hope @Ka3sha @taz'smum @morqet having a good time there!
Cheer for our folks and behave! 👆🏼🍺
:40beers:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My look at the weekend and week ahead
Canadians: mildly interested in the men's event. I'm curious to see how some posters were all indignant at the Russian Trio going 1-2-3 at Russian nationals if they'll have the same response to Gogo winning. (And, I hope he does :D) The rest of the event is :blah: to me. I do hope G/P win over W/P just because.

US Nationals: Nathan will win. Don't care about the others. Hope Tennell and Bell :kickass: Mostly because I like their attitudes. Pairs: :blah: pitiful is the best I can say about the lot of them. Dance: Don't care except I will do the happy dance if Madison Chock beats Madison Hubble. She's a lioness. (I don't think it will happen, but I'll be :cheer2: if it does). I can't stand to watch Baker and Ponomorenko is still a baby.

Europeans: This is where the complete unknown lies. The :gallopin1potential is off the charts in the men's event. The ladies SHOULD be the Russians, but who places where will be a factor in the World's team so :watch: Dance: it's all about Russia vs Russia and Russia vs Italy for silver and bronze. Babs will lose it if her team doesn't medal. Babs will lose it if they do. TAT will be in hysterics regardless. If Sin/Kats win silver here and are still on an upward trajectory, then Worlds just got a whole lot more interesting (to me) in dance. Pairs: I hope J/C win here and at Worlds and then retire so I don't have to see another catsuit and watch the same program for a 4th year in a row. The battle of the baby Russians has begun and let the best team claw their way to the top.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Stupid me has totall forgotten 🇺🇸 🤦🏼‍♂️

Here we go:
Men
- 1st Nationals without my man :drama:
- I think there is no chance for Velvetboy to not make it 🙄
- hope for a Pulkinen surprise
- guilty pleasure Krasnozhon SP 🥳

Ladies
- as tragic as the men event
- hope Bell wins this shit!

Pairs
- Kayne/O‘Shea all the way! 💪🏼

Dance
- I hope for C/B will not be butchered down to bronze or worse
- Most entertaining for me me how the 4th and less are ranked!
- Evil me is hoping for H/B going away with pewter

Vagabond

Will Poster Boy and Cave In beat their best previous finishes at Euros (7th and 15th, respectively)? :unsure:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

:duh: 😊 :gallopin1 :watch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information