The Bad News Thread

Rob

Beach Bum
I couldn’t find a good place for this. My brother found my 26 yr old nephew dead. I’m gutted. Waiting for autopsy results, but my brother attributes it to the Soma and hydrocodone he was apparently taking. He was an opioid addict after fracturing his tibia and fibula in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. But he was under court ordered drug testing due to a DUI (oxy) and had passed all his tests since he got on a replacement pain mgmt program. my brother thought he was off the stuff and was on Soma only for muscle spasms. But there was a bottle of hydrocodone nearby.they can be a lethal mix. I guess we will know soon enough. I’m so sad. My brother’s only child.

Debbie S

I'm so sorry, Rob. How tragic. I hope you and your family can find some sort of peace. Sending good thoughts your way. :(

Japanfan

What a terrible tragedy - such a young man! Another victim of the opioid epidemic.

Sincere condolences to you and your family, Rob. May you find strength and comfort in this very difficult time.

Last edited:

KCC

I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to happen to a young person. You and your family have my sympathy.

Spiralgraph

I'm sorry for the loss of your nephew. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers today.

emason

Rob, condolences to you and your family. No family should have to experience this.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences and prayers for your family.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
(((Rob))). Very sad indeed. May your nephew Rest In Peace. May your family recover from this tragedy.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Rob, that’s terrible and I’m so sorry.

My physical therapist at the hospital was a 38-year-old man who lost his 19-year-old son to opioids last year. Someday we will look back on this as we do the AIDS crisis and wonder why we didn’t do more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information