Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Meoima

Meoima

Last edited:

Fiero425

Congrats to Hanyu! Funny how the Russian men were out of it after the SP! Will have to see it tomorrow to find out how this happened! Our USA skater was from Russia so 4 were in the top 11 anyway, just not in medal contention! :rolleyes: :plush:

TallyT

Yuzuru is a legend not only for what he can achieve when things are going well, but for what he can do against the odds when things are black, how he can pull these amazing achievements against all the odds.

Japan can feel as proud of him for that as his 2 Oly gold, IMO.

Fiero425

Yuzuru is a legend not only for what he can achieve when things are going well, but for what he can do against the odds when things are black, how he can pull these amazing achievements against all the odds.

Japan can feel as proud of him for that as his 2 Oly gold, IMO.

As RuPaul says every once in a while, "why it gotta be BLACK?":rolleyes::rofl::biggrinbo:cheer2::shuffle::yikes:

Last edited:

clairecloutier

I'm now worried about him & his ability to keep competing, going forward, if the ligaments in his ankle are so weakened and vulnerable to injury. :(

I'd told myself that I was just going to enjoy whatever performances he gave us this season, without expecting anything more. Need to keep reminding myself of that.

It's just obvious that he has so much more to give--and a very great desire to do so. So I just hope his body will cooperate ....

Meoima

I'm now worried about him & his ability to keep competing, going forward, if the ligaments in his ankle are so weakened and vulnerable to injury. :(

I'd told myself that I was just going to enjoy whatever performances he gave us this season, without expecting anything more. Need to keep reminding myself of that.

It's just obvious that he has so much more to give--and a very great desire to do so. So I just hope his body will cooperate ....
Yuzuru says he will not retire yet: https://twitter.com/BluecosmosH/status/1063808109544697857
He still wants to land the 4A

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Meoima

Is there an update in his current injury?
From
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...hes-but-is-hopeful-of-grand-prix-final-appea/
As the clock ticks down to the start of the Grand Prix Final in Vancouver on 6 December, Hanyu is hoping that he can not only return to the rink, but also be at his competitive best as he eyes a fifth title in the event.

and
"The swelling around his ankle has yet to subside and so he is applying ice on the area and staying off his feet at much as possible until he can get it properly examined." - Japan Skating Federation Director of High Performance, Yoshiko Kobayashi, told The Asahi Shimbun.

TallyT

Meoima

Regarding skating, Hanyu said “Once the injury is healed there is no reason to say that this is the end”. After that it becomes a question of whether he can train sufficiently, whether he can skate the way he wants to. That is precisely why he considered what he must choose among the three projected competitions – this Cup of Russia, the GPF, and Japanese Nationals. His conclusion was to compete in the FS at the Cup of Russia.
From http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/180270019481/consecutive-gp-series-victories-yuzuru-hanyus

kadavygrace

Banned Member
I would think his national competition and Worlds are more important than the GPF.

In a sense yes but the GPF is important to stamp that he is still the one to beat heading into worlds. Missing it and Uno or Chen (more likely Uno) winning it, could do a lot to damage that perception.

nimi

Fairuza

In a sense yes but the GPF is important to stamp that he is still the one to beat heading into worlds. Missing it and Uno or Chen (more likely Uno) winning it, could do a lot to damage that perception.
Er... you mean, people will have forgotten he’s a two time Olympic champion by then? I wonder how he came to win the Olympics last season, then, if he missed the GPF?
Yuzuru’s health matter above all now. If the GPF and Nationals have to be missed, so be it.

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks, @nimi. Joseep Martinson is the ISU's contracted photographer for Getty Images (he seems to be at all the JGP & GP events in Europe)... ETA that his IG bio says" Photographer for @isufigureskating and @gettyimages based in Malaga [Spain]."

I see the trolling poster is back.

Last edited:

DreamSkates

After 2 Olympic gold medals back to back? Probably not for Hanyu. Judges would know that he was out due to injury.

TallyT

Not unless they and everyone else do significantly better than they have so far - he has all three top scores already and in the SP is 5-odd points ahead of Shoma's home ground best. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two manages to beat his current FS score at the finals... but given what we've seen, I would be just as unsurprised if they didn't.

And given that, plus just how he won the Olympics, beating them both and everyone else on a worse-injured ankle, painkillers and 3 weeks jumping practice...? :saint: I think the perception that Yuzu is still the best even when wounded is not going to be easy to shake.

dlynndao

Thanks for sharing an update -- so frustrating for him but honestly relieved to hear that he will take time to heal and recover. Cringed every time he landed on that ankle during the FS at CoR. Would love to see these 2 programs fully evolved at Worlds in Saitama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information