Really, part deux

Gerry

@Gerry I know that you could write a dissertation in patience (and patients) at this point, but I have a question. Has Lee been home at all since this all started? If not, does that seem to be on the horizon? What creature comforts about home does she miss? And is there a way for us to bring that to her?

No, Jayar, she hasn't been home at all... and no, there really isn't anything she needs that I can't bring to her. Thanks for asking, though!

As always, our next steps are determined by Lee's progress...and that really isn't up to us. Feels pretty helpless, most days, but as our daughter keeps saying, speed is irrelevant. Forward is forward.

insideedgeua

Oh, how wonderful to pop in and see an update from Lee herself!

Clearly you’re making great progress. I’m so happy for you.

Just quietly, even though I’m happily married, I think I’m just a little bit in love with Gerry. Mind you, I don’t think I’d be alone in that.

I have so much admiration for the way he’s taken ‘in sickness and in health’ in his stride. No doubt it’s been a long hard road and I’m sure he’s shed tears or been quietly exhausted at times, but he’s never given up.

I’m so happy for you both! ❤️❤️❤️

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I have to tell my Gerry story again. We went for a drink after Skate America in Kent -- I'm pretty sure manhn and jamesy were there, too, and I think a few others -- and the skating conversation routed to, what else, the Pairs competition in SLC. We all were hashing it out, and Gerry asked (paraphrase): "Are you still discussing that?"

Automatic membership to the gang, granted!

barbarafan

Junior GP final and GP Final on cbc live streaming starting Thursday dec 6th ....in 46 hrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sSUwM2tGQ is Juniors rythm dance
juniors and seniors is shown on CBC
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/broadcast
time is 5:05pm est.....so not sure if you are 2 or 3 hrs behind us...so 2:05 or 3:05 your time.

We have cdns in junior dance---Lajoie/Lagha
junior men--- Stephen Gogolev

Seniors..I think just men's Keegan Messing

Everyone can beat me if I missed anyone.

Gerry

Well, shit. Here we go again...

It's 3 AM, and Lee and I are back at the U of A, in Emerge, waiting for a pre-surg bed in Neuro. The skin over her shunt ablated, exposing her shunt tubing, which is a significant infection risk... given her history, not one we want to venture.

So. Tomorrow AM, they will be removing her shunt and tubing, then placing her in ICU on external drain until they can measure and see if she still even needs the shunt. If not, then we close her up and carry on. If she does need it, then in a few days they will replace it.

Lee is relaxed but scared; perversely, her higher level of cognition means she understands the nature of this, where before she just kind of took things as they came. But she is tough, and brave, and I'm sure she will walk all over her fears.

These are relatively minor surgeries (compared to some she has had), but no surgery is without risk... please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow, and I will try to remember to update you after I know more tomorrow, post-surgery.

Gnight.

Lizziebeth

Gerry and Lee, I hope that is is just a temporary setback and that Lee does well. We are thinking of you and thank you for keeping us posted. You two are so amazing and strong.

skatemomaz

Resist
Lots of love and good vibes to you and Lee! I hope this setback is over quickly and you both can continue moving forward.

Spun Silver

Oh, Gerry. Not again. Let's hope they do find the shunt is unnecessary now -- that would be a big step forward. Sending love and prayers.

barbarafan

Well, shit. Here we go again...

It's 3 AM, and Lee and I are back at the U of A, in Emerge, waiting for a pre-surg bed in Neuro. The skin over her shunt ablated, exposing her shunt tubing, which is a significant infection risk... given her history, not one we want to venture.

So. Tomorrow AM, they will be removing her shunt and tubing, then placing her in ICU on external drain until they can measure and see if she still even needs the shunt. If not, then we close her up and carry on. If she does need it, then in a few days they will replace it.

Lee is relaxed but scared; perversely, her higher level of cognition means she understands the nature of this, where before she just kind of took things as they came. But she is tough, and brave, and I'm sure she will walk all over her fears.

These are relatively minor surgeries (compared to some she has had), but no surgery is without risk... please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow, and I will try to remember to update you after I know more tomorrow, post-surgery.

Gnight.

Welll Sh****it ...waiting for good news. Both of you in my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information