mysticchic

Skate Talk Online is proud to announce a brand new website and webcast dedicated to the figure skating community. STO is hosted by FSU own @Tony Wheeler and produced by @mysticchic Jacque Tiegs.

Each day this week, STO will be releasing video interviews with skaters and personalities within the sport in advance of the 2018 Skate America competition- the first stop on the Grand Prix circuit this season.

Today, Tony sits down with Canadian commentator and Olympic rink announcer PJ Kwong to preview the event. Tomorrow, Tony talks with reigning US Champions and World silver medalists Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue. Tuesday, Jimmy Ma discusses his programs, music, and going viral last season! On Wednesday, Karina Manta and Joe Johnson talk about preparing for their first ever Grand Prix assignment and Karina opens up about her recent Instagram post. On Thursday, we wrap up pre-event coverage with the original ‘Quad King’ Timothy Goebel as he talks about competing at (and winning!) Skate America and his view on the future of quad jumps.

Every week, Tony will preview and review events alongside an expert and feature interviews with your favorite athletes, coaches, and other skating personalities. Be sure to check back often and enjoy the wonderful world of figure skating!

Here is the preview with PJ Kwong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHRlnQC_Qmg

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! This is something I have been wanting to do for the last 8 years or so, since my blog days, and I'm so happy Jacque and I finally put it all together and went for it.

I had asked a few months ago which type of skating site was missing, and we still eventually want to build this platform up into something that has a little bit of everything - historical results and retrospectives, music history, news archives-- you name it. But for now, please enjoy the interviews and event highlights.

Today, my interview is with Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue. See it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wrguGH2n64

Thanks again!

mysticchic

I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful support! Tony and I are thrilled you all like this. Please feel free to share away! In the coming weeks, we are going to start doing some interactive things. Those are still in development.
Hubbell and Donohue's interview was posted today. Madi and Zach are so charming and open.
Tomorrow is Jimmy Ma. He is a ball of fire and doesn't hold back.
We have a really special interview with Karina Manta and Joe Johnson. Karina talks about her Instagram video and how it's impacted her life. Joe is adorable and supportive. You will smile throughout the entire video and might even have some tears of happiness for them. I've always been a fan of Zach and Madis (Zach is in a tank top). But once you get to know Jimmy and Karina and Joe, you will be new ubers.

On Thursday, Tony pulled some strings and got Timothy Goebel to talk about his experiences at Skate America, and the quad race.

In the meantime, I am working on booking guest for Skate Canada preview. We are planning to expand and talk to skaters and coaches from around the world. Keep tuning in.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! This is something I have been wanting to do for the last 8 years or so, since my blog days, and I'm so happy Jacque and I finally put it all together and went for it.

I had asked a few months ago which type of skating site was missing, and we still eventually want to build this platform up into something that has a little bit of everything - historical results and retrospectives, music history, news archives-- you name it. But for now, please enjoy the interviews and event highlights.

Today, my interview is with Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue. See it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wrguGH2n64

Thanks again!

It was really good...I liked the varied range of questions and Maddie and Zack are so open....no political speaking points. Quality was great as well. I could get addicted.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Hubbell and Donohue's interview was posted today. Madi and Zach are so charming and open.
Tomorrow is Jimmy Ma. He is a ball of fire and doesn't hold back.
We have a really special interview with Karina Manta and Joe Johnson.
On Thursday, Tony pulled some strings and got Timothy Goebel

Holy shit, great lineup! Really can't wait for the Jimmy Ma interview.

aftershocks

Banned Member
There's currently an error message disallowing me to access the first episode with P.J. Kwong, at least for me. Are others receiving an error message for any of the podcasts?

aftershocks

Banned Member
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/youtube-outage-access-issues-today-2018-10-16-live-updates/

"YouTube, the second most visited website in the world, was experiencing an outage across its various platforms Tuesday night for more than an hour... CNET reports users who tried to access videos or upload content were greeted with an error message. The outage apparently began at 9 p.m. ET and services seemed to have restored after 10:30 p.m. ET."

I had been doing all kinds of troubleshooting on my computer thinking it was a problem only I was experiencing. :duh::drama:

I will try again. Thanks!

ETA:
And it's working!!! :cheer2: :rollin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information