FIFA World Cup 2018

Vagabond

All of the venues in Qatar will be air conditioned. It's leaving them that could be dangerous. 😓

MsZem

I see the sea
The presidents and their buddy act with each other and with the players in the driving rain is just classic. And the players having fun slip and sliding on the pitch... who wouldn't want to trade places with them?

ilovepaydays

Macron is one of the few world leaders to confront Putin about Russia’s election meddling. So a bit of poetic justice perhaps?

What I don’t understand is why was Putin putting the medals in their necks and not Macron and Kitarovic? You’d think having their own leaders do it would make more sense - and be more meaningful. :confused:

oleada

Maybe, but given the temperature in Qatar the trophy will most likely go to whoever is left standing. :slinkaway

Colombia base in Barranquilla now seems so prescient.

You are outside for over 30 mins and you pray for death

ballettmaus

The Croatian was pulling his arm down - and every pundit I have seen stated it was not a deliberate hand ball and the BBC pundit even read out the hand ball rule and all the panel said no way was it deliberate. And the ref spent forever watching the VAR so he wasn't fully certain it was deliberate - an awful decision that altered the way the game was going!!

German radio reporters were sure it was a penalty even before the referee decided that it was. :p

My dad (who used to referee and is still soccer crazy) has sometimes said that where the arm was, the arm simply shouldn't have been while the player is in the penalty zone).

I'm not saying the decision was 100% correct. I'm simply saying that there are those who think it's a penalty that was ok to give and there seem to be rules to support that.

My dad said that the free kick which led to the first goal wasn't justified though :D

Maybe, but given the temperature in Qatar the trophy will most likely go to whoever is left standing. :slinkaway

Wasn't the plan to build roofed stadiums so they could be air conditioned?

Last edited:

Lilia A

2022 World Cup will take place in the late fall (late November to mid December 2022). Based on stats, daily high temperatures range from high 20's to low 30's (or mid 70's to mid-high 80's Farenheit). Temperatures drop in the evening to around low to mid 20's at that time of the year, so they could try to have as many evening matches as possible. Also, humidity is lower than it is in Brazil. So we won't have a Manaus 2.0 situation (where even the referee was desperately waiting to call for a cooling break).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information