Hold on to your fascinators, it could be a snarky ride! It's Royal Wedding Day! Wheeee!

BaileyCatts

... BTW I also read that many of the guests who were invited to be on the grounds are now selling their goody bags on Ebay. One is listed for 27xx lbs. Tacky.

Those are from the like 1200 random/normal people who were invited to be on the grounds though, not like the celebrity guests invited into the church, luncheon and dinner. Like if you and me got invited ... just normal people. :rofl: Actually it doesn't surprise me that people are doing that, because $$$. But if it was me, I would want to keep mine! Those little bags are cute. :p

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Those are from the like 1200 random/normal people who were invited to be on the grounds though, not like the celebrity guests invited into the church, luncheon and dinner. Like if you and me got invited ... just normal people. :rofl: Actually it doesn't surprise me that people are doing that, because $$$. But if it was me, I would want to keep mine! Those little bags are cute. :p

Yes, I knew it was those people. But I still think it is tacky to try to make money off what was an extremely nice gesture. Harry & Meghan didn't have to invite those people & they didn't have to provide the goody bags. One would think they would want to treasure them.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
BTW I also read that many of the guests who were invited to be on the grounds are now selling their goody bags on Ebay. One is listed for 27xx lbs. Tacky.
I guess it is "tacky" to sell a little souvenir from the wedding, but my impression of those guests who were on the grounds was that many came from pretty modest backgrounds. I did read of one who had placed an eBay listing who said whatever money the sale raised would go to the charity she represented (which was the reason for her invitation).

Skittl1321

William was at the Commonwealth church service the day after the baby was born. He has taken no real time off.

He lives in damned if you do, damned if you don't land for sure. If he takes time, people question his work ethic. If he doesn't take it, he's not spending enough time at home with his wife and new baby.

Really they were both working hours after the birth. Can't imagine they'd dress for that photo op if it wasn't "expected" of them.

It's not a job I'd want, that's for sure.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Reposting this, sorry I can't recall who shared it first to give credit :(

https://www.instagram.com/garyjanetti/

Had a bit of time over lunch today and went through it, basically depicting George as a gay boy snarking at other members of the Royal Family, particularly Meghan and Charlotte :lol:

screech

Reposting this, sorry I can't recall who shared it first to give credit :(

https://www.instagram.com/garyjanetti/

Had a bit of time over lunch today and went through it, basically depicting George as a gay boy snarking at other members of the Royal Family, particularly Meghan and Charlotte :lol:
It was me, and I love this instagram! I came across it because some of the celebs I follow were making comments and liking his posts. I don't think he's going to continue very long, because he had said previously he was picturing the wedding as the 'series finale'. His husband is Brad Goreski (Fashion Police) who was actually there for the wedding.

twinsissv

Stick "Queen Elizabeth II" in the Google Images search and you'll get more photos of her smiling than not.
The BBC announcers kept telling us what a wonderful time the Queen was having at the wedding while the camera was showing her looking anything but happy. I kept looking for a smile and never found one. Just wondered if she ever did :)?Thanks for the information. Good to know. I was getting worried about her.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Likely welcome news for Meghan:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-markles-ex-reportedly-ditches-tv-show-based-on-her

Meghan wore less of a messy bun at her first public appearance as a royal, after her wedding:
http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeHLtHyBMH-/?utm_source=ig_embed ;)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAD3dnBJBj/?utm_source=ig_embed :p
(This was a gorgeous suit on Meghan -- I thought the hemline was a tad too long though)

More about Meghan's tiara and the embroidery on her veil:
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/search?q=Diamond+Bateau+Tiara

As someone mentioned earlier, H&M Duke & Duchess of Sussex, look like a scene out of a Bond movie as they leave Windsor Castle, jump into a blue sports car and head for Frogmore House and the evening wedding reception. The gorgeous aquamarine ring (formerly Diana's) that Harry gave Meghan may be the 'something blue.' It looks stunning adorning Meghan's finger (just as it did Diana's many years ago):
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-wedding/meghan-markles-evening-wedding-dress/

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Oooh I love the sideways bun and hat on the new Duchess!

Frida80

The BBC announcers kept telling us what a wonderful time the Queen was having at the wedding while the camera was showing her looking anything but happy. I kept looking for a smile and never found one. Just wondered if she ever did :)?Thanks for the information. Good to know. I was getting worried about her.

She had the same expression at the Olympics. I don’t think it means anything. It’s just her resting face.

Mad for Skating

I agree that Kate's wedding dress is a look that will stand the test of time. It was just a perfect choice, classic yet interesting. As to Diana--I have to admit, I am still quite fond of her wedding dress. I think it's because I'm a child of the late 70s/early 80s, and it was one of the first wedding dresses I really remember seeing. I still love the romanticism of the look, even if certain aspects are a bit dated now.

I believe it's more likely the effects of pregnancy/childbirth that have been showing with Kate. She may still be nursing and up every few hours right now.

OMG Kate's dress was gooooooooooorgeous. It was elegant and royal, but it didn't look out of place in the modern era. I'm a huge fan of the lace sleeves and how they connected to the bodice. There was just this perfect balance of femininity and class.
Diana's dress was something out of a fairytale; it was the perfect "Cinderella" style. I still remember watching her wedding on Youtube with my mom because she said it was "the biggest wedding of the century!" It was just so grand and lovely.

Meghan looked beautiful of course, but her dress seemed just a wee bit plain compared to the other two.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read 2 different articles today with a Camilla quote. I don't know if Camilla talked to the press or to someone who then leaked to the press but she is quoted talking about the Markle family & saying on the wedding day the family "didn't know what to expect from them". She acts like she has any room to talk about someone else's unpleasant family drama. I think she has selectively forgotten about her very public adultery.

Frida80

I read 2 different articles today with a Camilla quote. I don't know if Camilla talked to the press or to someone who then leaked to the press but she is quoted talking about the Markle family & saying on the wedding day the family "didn't know what to expect from them". She acts like she has any room to talk about someone else's unpleasant family drama. I think she has selectively forgotten about her very public adultery.
Camilla’s suffers from foot in mouth disease at times. I don’t think she meant anything by it. Or at least I hope she didn’t.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
OMG Kate's dress was gooooooooooorgeous. It was elegant and royal, but it didn't look out of place in the modern era. I'm a huge fan of the lace sleeves and how they connected to the bodice. There was just this perfect balance of femininity and class.
Diana's dress was something out of a fairytale; it was the perfect "Cinderella" style. I still remember watching her wedding on Youtube with my mom because she said it was "the biggest wedding of the century!" It was just so grand and lovely.

Meghan looked beautiful of course, but her dress seemed just a wee bit plain compared to the other two.
Totally agree about Kate's dress and Megan's. Katy Perry got blasted for a comment she made, which I thought was quite apt. She said that the dress could have used one more fitting. I thought that too. And then at the Royal Engagement they attended there was a picture of them walking away, and that dress looked like it did not fit well in back. Loved all the details - when explained to me - in the train and other bits that represented different parts of tradition and the British Commonwealth.

Kate looked gorgeous. The children adorable. Some of the American's OY! I hope they have a very happy life. Harry certainly deserves it (well every one does, but he has had a rough road).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information